Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Let Michelin know we want SG/RG/RK Commander II tires!  (Read 6754 times)

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

Re: Let Michelin know we want SG/RG/RK Commander II tires!
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2015, 02:22:35 PM »

I'll be going with Commanders IIs when the time comes to change rubber. Talking with my Michelin Tire dealer on the rear £199.00 installed.

Quote from Dunlop;
Dunlop tires deliver excellent all-around performance under a variety of riding conditions. In fact, controlled comparison tests* conducted at the Dunlop Proving Grounds in Huntsville, LA.

I don't know much about the U.S. road surface, but over here we do have a lot of cement type road surface along with asphalt." Again" I'm sure the asphalt that Dunlop conduct their test on is of common road surface of the U.S. 

Now seeing that H.D. has a market world  wide there Dunlop tire testing can't hold up for other country road conditions. AS for H.D. Dealers over here saying we should stay with the manual recommended tire so to keep sales up with Dunlop even if it's not in the best interest of the rider( is now I see it )
That being said, is why I will go with a tire that has had our road testing and Commanders are one. My second choice  is Continental
I could go on and on but I'm sure more qualified others then me on tires get were I'm coming from
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 04:30:12 AM by longlast »

r0de_runr

• Elite CVO Member
  • Officer Scott Noller RIP, 01/04/1989 - 12/28/2017
    • TX

• CVO1: 2019 Ultra Limited 114
    • CVO2: 2022 Heritage 114
    • CVO3: SOLD: 2014 Ultra Limited; SOLD: 2012 CVO Street Glide, SOLD 2016 BMW
    • Wichitagreg
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2015, 11:20:13 PM »

rOde_runr...Any updates on the Michelin tires?

I'm back in Texas now, have not talked to Russ.  His shop is Impact Cycles in Bentonville AR.  email is impactnwa at outlook dot com
Greg
formerly WichitaGreg
Lives in the TX Hill Country
AKA r0de_runr
Explore your VA Benefits:  http://1.usa.gov/1NPzKkM

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2015, 06:44:07 AM »

I was told that Michelin also makes Bridgestone, but can't find any proof of that. Anyone know for sure? Sorry for the Jack!
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

T-Roy

• Elite CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Road King - Traded In
    • CVO2: 2019 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2015, 02:02:58 PM »

I spoke with Dunlop customer service today and found out that the front tire size 130/60B-19 is available in the american elite series now. He said that the rear tire size 180/55B-18 in the american elite series should be availabe late this year or early next year.

T-Roy

• Elite CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Road King - Traded In
    • CVO2: 2019 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2015, 10:39:45 AM »

I spoke with Dunlop customer service today and found out that the front tire size 130/60B-19 is available in the american elite series now. He said that the rear tire size 180/55B-18 in the american elite series should be availabe late this year or early next year.

Here is a link to one place that is selling the front american elite tire in 130/60B-19 61H.
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/dunlop-american-elite-2nd-generation-harley-davidson-tires
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 24 queries.