Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Motorcycle storage in the house!  (Read 8216 times)

RAINEY

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MI

• Apex Oil lab
Re: Motorcycle storage in the house!
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2015, 08:19:40 AM »

How many of you have a wife and/or girlfriend who lets you keep your motorcycle(s) in the house? 

This is the female part of CVO couple!   :)  We keep our CVO and Softail in the house, during the winter months.

Dang that's an ugly bike  ;D

Okay you must know I'm joking because it looks just like mine except a little cozier

When I ride to work I will park in inside the back door at the lab

Jason

2015 CVO Limited

kiro

• 1K CVO Member
    • ME

• CVO1: 2017 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 1986 FXR Super Glide - antique, but the Evo lives on!
    • A Shot in the Dark
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2015, 12:45:50 PM »

Do you have a full picture of the bike, that's metallic orange?

Attached is a recent image with the tour-pac dismounted... You are to be commended for being open minded enough to keep your scoot in the house - I think that's great!

CVO Couple

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • SC

• CVO1: 2015 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2008 FXSTC Anniversary
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2015, 07:58:22 PM »

Attached is a recent image with the tour-pac dismounted... You are to be commended for being open minded enough to keep your scoot in the house - I think that's great!

That's a beautiful bike.  Thank you for posting the picture.

Trans am

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: Burgundy blaze and typhoon maroon. Limited Scoot is its name.
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2015, 04:24:36 PM »

how about it its own Museum 

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2015, 05:38:37 PM »

Not sure why my image didn't upload - I'll link it from my website.

if thats the hubel you had better take it back.  :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:  that is..... well i do not know what to say , amazing awesome looking equipment . i could only imagine the images that thing allows you to see.

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2015, 05:42:46 PM »

back to storing telescopes i mean motorcycles. i quite arguing and put heat and air in the garage. :2vrolijk_21: :pepper: :cucumber:

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2015, 07:34:23 PM »

"But she won't let me install sliding doors leading to the back deck/porch....."

:-\
Learn from this "mistake", do NOT write a sentence that contains the words............"she won't let me" ::)

While that may indeed may be your situation,  you're not helping your (image) and/or status as the (head of the household) by relating that info. :oops:

If she makes a ton of more money than you and you are not the overall "bread winner",  then it is what it is..........but I'm suggesting you don't let anyone else know that is how your situation happens to be. ::)

Way too many times,  have I seen the statement......................I want to get a bike and/or a boat and/or whatever else,  but "she won't let me"..................... :nixweiss:

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2015, 09:53:54 PM »

"But she won't let me install sliding doors leading to the back deck/porch....."

:-\
Learn from this "mistake", do NOT write a sentence that contains the words............"she won't let me" ::)

While that may indeed may be your situation,  you're not helping your (image) and/or status as the (head of the household) by relating that info. :oops:

If she makes a ton of more money than you and you are not the overall "bread winner",  then it is what it is..........but I'm suggesting you don't let anyone else know that is how your situation happens to be. ::)

Way too many times,  have I seen the statement......................I want to get a bike and/or a boat and/or whatever else,  but "she won't let me"..................... :nixweiss:

Well those who know me will understand that the sentence was written in jest  :nixweiss:

but in response to my "mistake" :confused5: those same people will also understand when I say that there is no singular "head of the household" here, at least as you seem to define that role......major decisions around here, be it paying for college, saving for our golden years which are rapidly approaching, or a major purchase - be it a bike, car or the newest HDTV - are discussed before hand...and our household is better of because of that.

And I think my image is doing just fine in spite of because of that and other factors, thank you very much...

I do find it interesting that you seem to also equate earning power or lack thereof with someones worthiness of your respect  :nixweiss: being judgmental in that way may prevent the creation of some great friendships....after all my wife is a highly intelligent college graduate, a CPA, an AVP at her employer (you know what those letters stand for right? ::) ) -- so yes she does earn more than me, the lowly technical college alumni, who also happens to have a very well paying career.

But alas, you would apparently prefer to look down on me as some sort of "loser" in the big old book of life because of those factors  ::)

For what it's worth, in my experience when a man states "she won't let me" to his buddies when referring to a major purchase - it's usually a "macho" way of saying "I can't afford it"   :oops:

Back on topic.    I will continue to keep the bikes in the garage, since that's where all my tools and cleaning supplies are and I'm to lazy to keep walking back and forth to retrieve things.
"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2015, 06:45:03 PM »

::)
Phato1............"But alas, you would apparently prefer to look down on me as some sort of "loser" in the big old book of life because of those factors  ::)

For what it's worth, in my experience when a man states "she won't let me" to his buddies when referring to a major purchase - it's usually a "macho" way of saying "I can't afford it"   :oops:

Back on topic.    I will continue to keep the bikes in the garage, since that's where all my tools and cleaning supplies are and I'm to lazy to keep walking back and forth to retrieve things."

Good response,  I would agree with your answers given your follow up explanations..........I would disagree that (it's usally a "macho" way of saying  "I can't afford it").

My wife and I are both college grads and ironically,  given I got "downsized" out of the business many yrs ago,  she ended up making more than I ever did.  But I will also tell you that my wife as well does not like to hear a guy make that statement............."My wife won't let me". :-\

I'm cool with your answer and understand (in your case), expenses and overall considerations were taken into account. 

On the other hand,  I could relate many instances of (my wife won't let me)...............where the finances were in no way a problem for what the guy wanted to do/purchase. :nixweiss: 

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2015, 07:49:50 PM »

::)
Phato1............"But alas, you would apparently prefer to look down on me as some sort of "loser" in the big old book of life because of those factors  ::)

Back on topic.    I will continue to keep the bikes in the garage, since that's where all my tools and cleaning supplies are and I'm to lazy to keep walking back and forth to retrieve things."

Good response,  I would agree with your answers given your follow up explanations..........I would disagree that (it's usally a "macho" way of saying  "I can't afford it").

My wife and I are both college grads and ironically,  given I got "downsized" out of the business many yrs ago,  she ended up making more than I ever did.  But I will also tell you that my wife as well does not like to hear a guy make that statement............."My wife won't let me". :-\

I'm cool with your answer and understand (in your case), expenses and overall considerations were taken into account. 

On the other hand,  I could relate many instances of (my wife won't let me)...............where the finances were in no way a problem for what the guy wanted to do/purchase. :nixweiss:

See that? we have something in common  :2vrolijk_21:   

"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SE Road Glide
    • States Riden on 2009 CVO
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2015, 05:46:22 PM »

Enough about "being able to afford it". Kiro---can you get us any pics of the stars?
I just finished the pile of junk I needed to work on before I get to the stuff I should be doing----

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2015, 07:58:35 AM »

:oops:
Here is what can happen when you store the bike inside.................

:nixweiss:

kiro

• 1K CVO Member
    • ME

• CVO1: 2017 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 1986 FXR Super Glide - antique, but the Evo lives on!
    • A Shot in the Dark
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2015, 12:36:05 PM »

Haha - nice!

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2015, 05:50:27 PM »

My wife wouldn't let me store the bikes in the house either, so I just built a garage bigger and nicer than the house.
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

TinSpinner

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2015, 07:26:57 PM »

When I was a young man and was racing I had some high dollar dirt bikes that stayed in the house with me. I was going to college, working full time, and racing almost every weekend. Lived in a sketchy neighborhood in an old house with no garage so I did what I had to do. My friends thought it was cool but at that age we didn't have much taste for interior decorating, as I recall most of our wall art pieces were concert posters and beer can towers.  ::)
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.173 seconds with 20 queries.