Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: 2013 Road King lowering  (Read 5401 times)

roadbling

• CVO1: flhrse5
Re: 2013 Road King lowering
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2015, 05:18:20 PM »

no disrespect meant to you at all but how can you possibly say that "bike handles 100% better ???? when you have just cut down on original inadequate suspension travel and you have gone from a full 2 inch of travel! LOL to even less there is no way in this world that you have improved handling. I can understand the need to be able to be flat footed on your bike but justifying it by saying it has improved the handling is absolutely ridiculous????
as we all know stock Harley suspension is at best basic or as we would I think all agree as crap/read that as cheap...
you cannot possibly have improved your rides handling unless you are of course talking about when you are sitting astride your bike whist static with the engine turned off in the parking lot/driveway????
regards
Paul

tonykaos

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2015, 05:53:21 PM »

Well, Paul I have to say I don't have any annoying dive in the front end during braking or feathering while I run through the mountain passes, the rear end is tight as well it used to bounce and go off my line with a how to describe an uneven twist off angle if the road had bumps especially during load and lean. Now it tracks better, tighter , stays on line, I actually feel more confident riding hard through the curves, yes I do have to watch lean angle, but it stays true where I want the bike to go , I don't mind the firm ride , and on smooth roads it tracks really well. And I still enjoy a very pleasant Road King cruising experience.
Flat footing the bike also really enhanced my experience I can park pretty much anywhere and back the bike up safely, and most importantly when the tourist girls want a ride I can keep the bike stable when they jump on for a ride ! No complaints from the girls and I have not experienced any rider fatigue either.
If the ride was worse than before I would certainly share that and of course change my suspension further, having forty years of on the saddle experience I strive for a safe exhilarating commute which the Road King offers me .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2015, 09:10:50 PM »

yaffe kick stand on bike currently , sits near vertical , I keep the handlebars turned hard left , I had stock kickstand cut and shortened to increase lean angle , waiting for it to be re chromed and reinstalled. Bike handles 100% better, especially in the twisties, a little stiff out back but tracks true.
Do not see that it can handle better in twists.  You have taken a factory lowered bike, and lowered it even more.  So the lean angle is greatly reduced.  This greatly reduces the speed in which you can travel through the twisties.  I have a Stock height 2013 CVO King, with factory shock front and rear 12".  I hit the floorboards in curves, on it.  It will not run though the twisties as fast as my 15 CVO Road Glide with factory  length shocks front and rear 13".

So I am most likely replace the rear 12 inch shocks on my CVO King with Ohlin 13 inch shock so I can run the twisties faster.

I am sure the changes did reduce front dive which is horrible on the stock bike.  Reducing travel though can not make it ride better.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2015, 11:51:04 PM »

Do not see that it can handle better in twists.  You have taken a factory lowered bike, and lowered it even more.  So the lean angle is greatly reduced.  This greatly reduces the speed in which you can travel through the twisties.  I have a Stock height 2013 CVO King, with factory shock front and rear 12".  I hit the floorboards in curves, on it.  It will not run though the twisties as fast as my 15 CVO Road Glide with factory  length shocks front and rear 13".

So I am most likely replace the rear 12 inch shocks on my CVO King with Ohlin 13 inch shock so I can run the twisties faster.

I am sure the changes did reduce front dive which is horrible on the stock bike.  Reducing travel though can not make it ride better.
I agree with that. hen I put on the 13inch rear Ohlins it very much helped me in the twisties not only because the the improvement in the suspension but the additional lean angle
Alan
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.328 seconds with 20 queries.