Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: First time CVO owner with a couple of questions  (Read 3492 times)

Waspe

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Road King
    • CVO2: 2008 Fatboy
    • CVO3: 2012 r1200gs
First time CVO owner with a couple of questions
« on: August 21, 2015, 07:38:29 PM »

Greetings from Down Under

Just got a 2014 CVO Road King and so far very happy. I can t seem to find anyone in Australia that can tell me the stage of tune the 110 is in? For example is it a 103 with stage 4 etc.

Also looking to upgrade the sound but don't know which of the SE slip one are stock on my bike?

A few years ago rear cylinder deactivation was introduced on some bikes, is this still a feature and is it on the CVO Tourers?

Final question, my previous ride was a Fatboy with SE slip one that sounded pretty good to me, perhaps a little quieter than ideal. Have had V&H oversize recommended but am concerned that they will send me deaf when touring and cruising?

Thanks to any and all who respond

BritGuy

• 1K CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • BC

Re: First time CVO owner with a couple of questions
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2015, 08:30:20 PM »

Hi Waspe, I have the 2014 SERK as well. The only question I can answer for sure is that re cylinder deactivation is fitted. You can chose to enable or disable as an option from the menu handle bar toggle switch. Lot's of options on pipes, I had a Bassani fitted, mainly because the tech who the work on my engine said he got good results from them. He did!

Enjoy the ride.

Puma

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

• CVO1: 2014 FLHRSE Dragula 2, SESTP, C&C Fastback
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2015, 08:38:45 PM »

It sounds like you might want something a little quieter than the Dragula 2 exhaust that I run, but man I picked up some torque with it. As for cylinder deactivation: turn the throttle all the way forward, as far as you can, until it stops and hold it there. When the cruise control light blinks green cylinder deactivation is on, when it blinks orange cylinder deac. is off. I leave mine off.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 08:45:24 PM by Puma »
2014 CVO Road King: Titianium/Black, Dragula 2 (2-1), SESTP, C&C Fastback

Waspe

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Road King
    • CVO2: 2008 Fatboy
    • CVO3: 2012 r1200gs
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2015, 08:59:50 PM »

The same color as mine. They are really beautiful bikes. Any other mods?

Puma

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

• CVO1: 2014 FLHRSE Dragula 2, SESTP, C&C Fastback
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2015, 07:22:35 AM »

The same color as mine. They are really beautiful bikes. Any other mods?
Nope. Just the pipe and tune, the seat, and Custom Dynamicz Ringz inserted into the front blinkers. All it needs. Funny thing about the color. Two of them sat in the dealership all year long and I got a great late year deal, but outside people congregate around this thing constantly. I NEVER get left alone.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 07:24:22 AM by Puma »
2014 CVO Road King: Titianium/Black, Dragula 2 (2-1), SESTP, C&C Fastback

BigDawgBrent

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2015, 09:28:58 AM »

To answer your question about what "stage" the stock 110 is in, it is, in fact, a stock 110 cubic inch engine.  It didn't start life as a 103, it was designed as a 110 from the beginning.  From the factory, the CVO's get no unique tuning or significant performance upgrades vs. what a crate 110 replacement motor might have, so it would be safe to say that it's a "Stage 0" engine.  Granted, the CVO's do typically get an upgraded breather, so you could say that it's a stage 0.5, perhaps. You still likely need upgraded free-flowing exhaust and a retune to say it is "Stage 1".  The Fullsac cores I installed in my stock cans are definitely more free-flowing than the stock cores.

Ridgerunr

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TN

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2015, 07:24:34 AM »

For a quiet sound and great power, V&H Power Dual head pipe and Kuryakyn Crusher Mellow's mufflers.
2004 Roadglide 113" (sold)
2014 CVO RoadKing
2015 RGS

Scott7d

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2020 CVO Road Glide 117"
    • IN

• CVO1: 2020 CVO Road Glide 117"
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2015, 11:18:26 AM »

I'm a huge fan of the V&H High Outputs. One of the best looking exhausts you can buy with a reeeeeeeally deep sound. Plus you can hear your radio and won't annoy the neighbors. The sound hits you in the chest. I run them on a 2013 RK with stock heads.
Scott Matlock
Iron Butt Ride List

Sadwings

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NV

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2015, 11:06:14 AM »

Like you Waspe...I'm a new owner of the 14 CVO RG.  I have Black True Dual V & H Headers with Black OPS V & H Mufflers.
I agree with you and Puma...I get all kinds of "head nods" and "great choice" on the color.

S

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 20 queries.