Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7  All

Author Topic: 2016 CVO Lineup  (Read 34770 times)

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: 2016 CVO Lineup
« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2015, 08:47:22 AM »

How you getting this count? CVO's only? All Models, CVO and non-CVO? You include the Street Glide as a Touring Model or the Road King?
Just curious.

Only three CVO's shown on the site, and all three are Touring models.  The EG, RG, RK and the SG are all classified as Touring models by H-D, as opposed to Softails or Dynas.  Kind of surprising they didn't include a Softail, but there again those don't sell as well as the Touring line and it's all about money and sales figures.  Harley severely needs to prop up the Dyna and Softail lines with some new and exciting content, rather than just beat the Touring horse to death.  Maybe next year, or the next, or ?  I guess we'll see if the new management team will be more forward thinking than the last few, or if they will be willing to just keep beating the one horse they still have until it throws a shoe. :nixweiss:

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

TIF2

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2019 FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2006 FLSTFSE2 - SOLD
« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2015, 09:28:26 AM »

Kind of surprising they didn't include a Softail, but there again those don't sell as well as the Touring line and it's all about money and sales figures.  Harley severely needs to prop up the Dyna and Softail lines with some new and exciting content, rather than just beat the Touring horse to death. 
Jerry

Yep ... another head-scratcher ... they go to the trouble of putting the 110 in the Fatboy S but don't do a CVO version.
My wife's '06 CVO Fatboy still gets more looks than any other bike wherever we go.
TIF2
I've never learned a single thing while I was talking - Will Rogers

Born2Live

• Full CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: FLHXSE 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: VRSCF 2013 V Rod Muscle
« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2015, 03:34:16 PM »

Is it fair to assume that the 2015 CVO's hit the mark as the demand was pretty strong.  Assuming most of them have been sold?   The expectations for the 2016 CVO lineup was pretty high considering the success of the 2015 models and was going to be tough to beat.   I couldn't be happier with having the 2015 CVO SG Hard Candy/Mercury.   It would take a lot to make me want to look at another bike to trade in the Hard Candy bike.
Fuelmoto 2-1-2 Jackpot Headers
Fuelmoto FLH E Series Mufflers - 14 discs

screaminCVO

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 Ultra Limited CVO Maroon / Burgundy
    • CVO2: 2013 Road Glide orange / grey
    • CVO3: 2003 Ultra with sidecar silver/black
« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2015, 04:53:18 PM »

Is it fair to assume that the 2015 CVO's hit the mark as the demand was pretty strong.  Assuming most of them have been sold?   The expectations for the 2016 CVO lineup was pretty high considering the success of the 2015 models and was going to be tough to beat.   I couldn't be happier with having the 2015 CVO SG Hard Candy/Mercury.   It would take a lot to make me want to look at another bike to trade in the Hard Candy bike.

At a local dealer - they have at least 8 - 10 CVO's still for sale (just the touring models). They still have the CVO RG on the floor they were playing hardball for. I told them I would give them $10k plus my '14 CVO Limited and they wouldn't go for it. They held out for $800. That was back in January!!! They don't seem to be selling like they used to. Glad your happy with yours. 

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2015, 08:31:15 PM »

Seems in my area the CVO King had to be heavily discounted to move them in 14, but the other Touring CVO's sold well with out heavy discounts.

The CVO deluxe also had to have discounts to move them.

The 15 CVO Limited, CVO SG and CVO RGU all sold pretty well with out discounts.

I love my 13 CVO King and have no intention of selling or trading.  My 15 CVO RGU will be traded on a 17 most likely.   
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

Bobs14Limited

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CO

« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2015, 02:03:12 AM »

I was looking for that as well. If anyone finds information on ordering the color matched vent/mail-slot for previous years please share with us.

The 2016 P&A catalog now has the mail slot painted in factory colors for all Rushmore bikes.

Wild Hog 4

• Senior CVO Member
    • CVO3: 2018 CVO Road Glide
« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2015, 03:24:20 AM »

The 2016 P&A catalog now has the mail slot painted in factory colors for all Rushmore bikes.

Not for all bikes I'm afraid, there's no listing for the Cvo colours of 2015 or 2014 !
Ride free brothers!

Wild Hog 4

• Senior CVO Member
    • CVO3: 2018 CVO Road Glide
« Reply #52 on: August 27, 2015, 03:45:02 AM »

Yep looking at this years 2016 lineup, I didn't expect anything special and that's what we got,
I didn't think they would change the Graphics on the street glide Cvo because if you look at the Cvo limited that had the same graphics  in 2014 and 2015 just different colours! ....if one thing the MOCO are becoming its "Predictable".

However best colour on the Cvo street glide this year is easily the hard candy red, but they should have had silver or carbon dust flames as a contrast that would have been awesome!
Hate the crappy flame look on the bat wing of the street glide special, looks like a poor mans cvo(ah wait I suppose it is really,)
The "S" series however is interesting, note that it's just basically an engine upgrade,  I would say Harley are going to bring more bikes over into this "S" series in the next few years, maybe road king then heritage, that's a clever way of eventually getting all bikes having the 110 engine as stock but under the guise of this "s" series, so there drip feeding us the 110 engine under this new family .....can't say I blame them really smart move I say!
Ride free brothers!

jimp

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #53 on: August 27, 2015, 07:28:11 AM »

Very weak 2016 lineup.

Yes, especially at the price.

East Coast

• Elite CVO Member
    • NY

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond/Crimson - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE Hard Candy / Smokey Quartz - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2024 FLTRXSTSE Golden White Pearl
« Reply #54 on: August 27, 2015, 02:45:18 PM »

Not for all bikes I'm afraid, there's no listing for the Cvo colours of 2015 or 2014 !

Of course not......

RGMax

« Reply #55 on: August 27, 2015, 04:46:23 PM »

I just don't get these guys. They are completely ruining the CVO marque.  Look at the pic of the "Inspiration" Streetglide Special. It makes the, CVO Streetglide loom like a Kmart knock-off.

The thing that just make,s me do the "head scratch" is ... It's a well known fact that CVO OWNERS SPEND MORE AT HARLEY SHOPS (P&A, motor clothes, etc) than all other owners - yet the "should have been the new CVO Streetglide" is just an SGS with P&A bolt ons.

This bike with a 120r is what CVO was f$%*ing CREATED for. NowI fear the designers and engineers have gotten as old as the target market. I am smack in THAT market and would rather build a new ( or better yet - low mile '14 SGS) into something like this before buying a CVO.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US/Motorcycles/street-glide-special.html#!customization

Agreed!

Just so silly to put pics of a bike up that makes the CVO look like ass in a hand bag
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 04:48:25 PM by RGMax »

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #56 on: August 27, 2015, 05:04:31 PM »

That is better paint than they offer for CVO's :nixweiss:

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #57 on: August 27, 2015, 05:52:36 PM »

Zumo 665 can give you nearly everything that's in that infotainment system except the CB. And the map route directions will be better to boot.

Which is why I outfitted HoneyBadger with a RoadTech 665 and the NIM a few months after I bought her! Even got free lifetime updates. It's all I need or want in Nav, and it has XM to boot... Although I don't even have an XM subscription because my iPhone has all of my music on it anyway.

I agree with many others here that the 2016 lineup is BORING. REALLY BORING!

The MoCo has truly lost its soul, and the bean counters are fully in charge. The 2016 CVO paint jobs are just plain BORING, and the colors are quite uninspiring... as well as BORING.

Did I mention they are BORING? I might have...

What ever happened to the brilliant, creative CVO paint jobs of Yore? They are gone... likely forever, as the MoCo tries to appeal to the Lexus/Mercedes/BMW crowd with REALLY BORING colors and very conservative graphics.

What passes for flames on the non-CVOs this year is just embarrassing... They look like cheap, poorly-done decals that were done by a first-year art student... and the saddlebag lid flames are just plain RETARDED-looking.

And what were they THINKING with that God-awful pinkish-purple on the non-CVO BIKES? Good LORD! I wouldn't be caught DEAD on a bike that color! Ditto for the dark green... but I have never liked any green bike - with the SINGULAR exception of the MAGNIFICENT 2011 Krypto SESG... which I think is one of the prettiest colors EVER. Next to Hot Citrus, of course... and the Ruby Red on HoneyBadger's FLHXSE3 siblings.

Everyone in the MoCo's design department should be SACKED! I really miss Willie G...

And isn't it PAST time to retire that awful Amber Whiskey? It's always looked like a glass of Jack that someone forgot at the bar to me. It's just an orange wannabe.  There isn't a proper ORANGE anywhere in the entire line for 2016! That's just unforgivable...

However, I do kinda like that Superior Blue - if you like blue bikes. Blue is just not for me, though...

HoneyBadger is looking better and better... And she has a permanent home here at the BadgerDen!

Best CVO Colors EVER:
Hot Citrus (on the 2012 FLHXSE3 - on the TOP, where it SHOULD be...)
Tequila Sunrise (only on the 2010 SESG - the original SESG, the FLHXSE... 24K gold flake in the clear, over a Scarlet base coat)
Krypto Green (only on the 2011 FLHXSE2)
Electric Orange (or whatever the orange is on D00D's gorgeous SEEG... Cuz it's AWESOME! I think it was the orange on the beautiful O/B 2009 SERGC, too)

Best Non-CVO Colors EVER:
Mirage Orange Pearl - hands down WINNER!
Tequila Sunrise (the complex orange non-CVO version)
Turquoise/Antique White
ANY Pearl White E-Glide

Ken
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 06:01:10 PM by North Georgia Hawg »

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

Gerhard

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE
« Reply #58 on: August 28, 2015, 06:00:23 AM »

I just don't get these guys. They are completely ruining the CVO marque.  Look at the pic of the "Inspiration" Streetglide Special. It makes the, CVO Streetglide loom like a Kmart knock-off.

The thing that just make,s me do the "head scratch" is ... It's a well known fact that CVO OWNERS SPEND MORE AT HARLEY SHOPS (P&A, motor clothes, etc) than all other owners - yet the "should have been the new CVO Streetglide" is just an SGS with P&A bolt ons.

This bike with a 120r is what CVO was f$%*ing CREATED for. NowI fear the designers and engineers have gotten as old as the target market. I am smack in THAT market and would rather build a new ( or better yet - low mile '14 SGS) into something like this before buying a CVO.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US/Motorcycles/street-glide-special.html#!customization

Just so silly to put pics of a bike up that makes the CVO look like ass in a hand bag

I fully agree - the colour-schemes for the Streety are just a little different, with the disadvantage, that my faved black/gold dust isn´t available any more. Why can´t they offer a range of schemes, and the customer can pick his faves ... IF they hold their hands up for that amount of money, individual paint should be no problem. Porsche, Lambo, Rolls etc. offer this for years.
------------------------------------------------------
2018 BMW R nineT Urban G/S
2016 CVO Street Glide Black Licorice with Midnight Cobalt Flames >>> lemonized
2004 Ducati 998sFinal Edition Rosso Anniversario
2002 Triumph Speed Triple Black (sold)
1999 BMW R1100S Silver/Yellow Custom Paint (sold)
1994 BMW Funduro 650 Black (sold)

Gerhard

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE
« Reply #59 on: August 28, 2015, 06:10:39 AM »

This doesn't look bad, unfortunately not a CVO.

WOW, that´s goodlookin!
What do you think - I´m disappointed with the 2016-colour-scheme-offer. Would the stability in terms of value be ruined, respectively the "CVO"-status, if I buy a black one and have it custom-painted???
------------------------------------------------------
2018 BMW R nineT Urban G/S
2016 CVO Street Glide Black Licorice with Midnight Cobalt Flames >>> lemonized
2004 Ducati 998sFinal Edition Rosso Anniversario
2002 Triumph Speed Triple Black (sold)
1999 BMW R1100S Silver/Yellow Custom Paint (sold)
1994 BMW Funduro 650 Black (sold)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7  All

Page created in 0.208 seconds with 25 queries.