Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: Toy Hauler Pros & Cons  (Read 12708 times)

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
Re: Toy Hauler Pros & Cons
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2007, 04:06:41 PM »

I used to think those things were ridiculously expensive and wondered how anyone could justify one.  

Now having this new house under construction they don't seem so bad comparatively.......damn it is scary to think like that.

Bill, it seems like you have way too much knowledge on these....almost ready to pull the trigger?

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2007, 05:09:50 PM »

I own a boat...talk about depreciation!

Bill

Those are cool!
We looked at those and really considered one but the final decision was based on what would be better,
Investing in an asset that appreciates or one that doesn't!

That made it an easy decision. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2007, 05:11:25 PM »

Not soon...when I retire and sell the boat...not that it will be worth anything, just no longer pouring money into the hole in the water!

But I am always looking!

/Bill

I used to think those things were ridiculously expensive and wondered how anyone could justify one.  

Now having this new house under construction they don't seem so bad comparatively.......damn it is scary to think like that.

Bill, it seems like you have way too much knowledge on these....almost ready to pull the trigger?

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2007, 06:40:14 PM »

Not soon...when I retire and sell the boat...not that it will be worth anything, just no longer pouring money into the hole in the water!

But I am always looking!

/Bill

I'll buy your worthless hole in the water, park it outside my family's estate on Sebago Lake in Maine and you can go buy your motorhome. How's that for a deal. What're we talkin here 10 , 15 years from now ?

B B

SixGun

• Senior CVO Member
  • "Life is too short to drink out-of-date beer"
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2007, 07:01:27 PM »

Hey Spiderman, you forgot to add studded tires, for when you run into ice!  "Like on the way back from Daytona!!!!!   Funny...but the point of the toyhauler is for other reasons than you state (Ride the SOB.)

My good friend had is hand built custom Road King ripped off at  Little Sturgis last summer.  It was sitting among 1000 other bikes and had an alarm.  So just think how vunerable you'll be at a motel.

Don't get me wrong we love to ride, but there ain't no way my ole' lady is going to ride to Canada and back on a bike with the amount of room it has for her primpen stuff.  Not in this life time.   Yeah, I thought about tradin her as well (the wife.)

I have an American Ledgend trailer to pull behind the SEUC when that type of trip warrants.

The toy hauler gives you the ability to take the bike on trips that would not ordinarly take it, hence you have the oppourtunity to ride as well.  PLus it gets you away from the house and out at the campgrounds but you ain't sleeping in a sleeping bag.

I spent 24.5 years in the Army so my laying on the ground in a sleeping bag IS OVER!  I'll say that twice "OVER"

Unapologetically American!

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2007, 07:10:16 PM »

Not a bad guess...maybe 13yrs, 1 mo and 4 days...but who counts...

I'll buy your worthless hole in the water, park it outside my family's estate on Sebago Lake in Maine and you can go buy your motorhome. How's that for a deal. What're we talkin here 10 , 15 years from now ?

B B

Tbone

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2009 FLTRSE3
    • CVO3: 2013 FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2007, 07:12:16 PM »

We've looked at the Raptors too and that's my retirement plan.  Load up the bike, take off somewhere, find a place we like, setup camp, do day rides on the bike until we've seen everything we want to see, load up the camper and head for the next stop... life is good...  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
2014 FLHTKSE Stardust Silver/Autumn Sunset
2013 FLHTCUSE8 Anniversary
2009 FLTRSE3 Orange/Black
2008 FLHTCUSE3 Anniversary
2003 FLHRCI Silver/Black

Bagger

« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2007, 07:14:15 PM »

Hey Spiderman, you forgot to add studded tires, for when you run into ice!  "Like on the way back from Daytona!!!!!   Funny...but the point of the toyhauler is for other reasons than you state (Ride the SOB.)

My good friend had is hand built custom Road King ripped off at  Little Sturgis last summer.  It was sitting among 1000 other bikes and had an alarm.  So just think how vunerable you'll be at a motel.

Don't get me wrong we love to ride, but there ain't no way my ole' lady is going to ride to Canada and back on a bike with the amount of room it has for her primpen stuff.  Not in this life time.   Yeah, I thought about tradin her as well (the wife.)

I have an American Ledgend trailer to pull behind the SEUC when that type of trip warrants.

The toy hauler gives you the ability to take the bike on trips that would not ordinarly take it, hence you have the oppourtunity to ride as well.  PLus it gets you away from the house and out at the campgrounds but you ain't sleeping in a sleeping bag.

I spent [highlight]24.5 years in the Army so my laying on the ground in a sleeping bag IS OVER!  I'll say that twice "OVER"[/highlight]

You had snivel gear??????? :o

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2007, 07:33:36 PM »

Not a bad guess...maybe 13yrs, 1 mo and 4 days...but who counts...

[size=16]Let the depreciation begin![/size]

" Hey honey, you know that SeaRay we always dreamed about ? Well in another 13 years, 1 months and 4 days it's finally gonna be ours "

Sixgun,
          I've got an artificial hip and an artificial knee. Ain't no way I'm sleepin on the ground. Lots of great 5 star hotels. Bill and Anne Fedex stuff to various destinations and ship back the laundry and ride, ride, ride. Great idea for when my wife actually gets enough vacation time to join me. Point is that if it's too cold to ride it to wherever you're going, it's gonna be too cold to ride when you get there. I ride I-40 east/west in the spring months and on up to I-70, 80 and 90 in the summer, but have to stick to I-10 in the winter. There's always a way if there's a will. You miss a lot of what it's really about trailering. And for the amount of time you're gonna use it, hotels have got to be cheaper as opposed to payments or cash up front. Like I said, you posted an open invitation for folks to put in their $0.02 and I put in mine. No disrespect intended.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 07:40:22 PM by SPIDERMAN »

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2007, 07:50:09 PM »

Six, just carry your chain if you are concerned with ice. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] ;D
« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 07:51:08 PM by Rjob749 »

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2007, 07:54:22 PM »

I still would love an RV Myself...just so I don't have to stop when Anne needs a rest room!

When we come back from visiting family in Norfolk, we often leave at 0300...I have driven 450 miles before stopping (for gas) because Anne was asleep for 400 of it!  With an RV...

The worst part is, when we do stop, she will come out of the rest area with a new 44 oz. cup of soda...making me stop again in an hour.

At least on the bike, the fuel tank only let's us travel so far...

/Bill

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2007, 08:09:29 PM »

So just think how vunerable you'll be at a motel.

What.....a problem in the parking lot.........

Nothing like a sound nights sleep.

Six, sure is nice to pull the rig over and climb back into that warm berth.  My wife and I pushed for home one time and about 3 hours out of town just knew we better not try for home, pulled into the rest stop on the Interstate late and fired up the generator and A/C, 5 hours later we were rested and on the road. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

SixGun

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2007, 08:18:50 PM »

Are we going to compare gun safe pictures? You gotta love the shooting sports!

Spiderman, that's exactly what I wanted to hear...that's why I posted the topic.  My best friend says the same thing you do but I'm hard headed and will probably get one anyway.  It's alot cheaper to spend $70,000.00 on a truck & 5th wheel than it is shipping a few FedEx packages. :)

If the weather is crap when I get where ever it is, I can use the truck.

When I'm at the in-laws I can live in the Toy Hauler and drive the bike around in the day.  I will never have to go inside but can say I went.  PLus it's my safe haven from all the family rugrats.

SixGun

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2007, 08:19:59 PM »

Rjob749, you need to get a Black rifle in there...it's not complete yet.

Free

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2007, 08:39:32 PM »

Are we going to compare gun safe pictures? You gotta love the shooting sports!

Spiderman, that's exactly what I wanted to hear...that's why I posted the topic.  My best friend says the same thing you do but I'm hard headed and will probably get one anyway.  It's alot cheaper to spend $70,000.00 on a truck & 5th wheel than it is shipping a few FedEx packages. :)

If the weather is crap when I get where ever it is, I can use the truck.

When I'm at the in-laws I can live in the Toy Hauler and drive the bike around in the day.  I will never have to go inside but can say I went.  PLus it's my safe haven from all the family rugrats.

SixGun - I think its a great idea. My father-in-law has a 36' Holiday Rambler RV  (you probably remember who used to own them?) which we borrow 2 or 3 times a year and have a blast.  We only go for a long weekend with the kids but usually go to a lake campsites (trinity lake or lake almanor) and rent a boat.  If I were retired, i would seriously think about getting one of these diesel pushers!!

best

Free
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.176 seconds with 22 queries.