Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Toy Hauler Pros & Cons  (Read 12697 times)

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
Re: Toy Hauler Pros & Cons
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2007, 08:48:39 PM »

Rjob749, you need to get a Black rifle in there...it's not complete yet.

In the back middle is a black synthetic stocked 378 Weatherby Mag.  I was thinking I need something like you are referring to for varmints though, fast and flat.

Plus you can just get away from it all sometimes too...........don't forget your rock crawler

SixGun

• Senior CVO Member
  • "Life is too short to drink out-of-date beer"
« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2007, 09:14:27 PM »

Red says he has room for two ultras in that Raptor.  So I figure you could put a bike and a 4 wheeler (ATV) in there.  I guess you can drive (ATV) them at most campgrounds can't you?

I tell ya...those Keystone Raptors are looking to be the best value for the money.

Right now in my life I can't justify a $150,000 Diesel pusher to sit in the yard.

I have to have a truck so I can partially justify a 5th wheel sitting around.  The depreciation on the Toy Haulers is not to awful bad.  RV's on the other are a black hole.
Unapologetically American!

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2007, 09:28:00 PM »

Red says he has room for two ultras in that Raptor.  So I figure you could put a bike and a 4 wheeler (ATV) in there.  I guess you can drive (ATV) them at most campgrounds can't you?

I tell ya...those Keystone Raptors are looking to be the best value for the money.

Right now in my life I can't justify a $150,000 Diesel pusher to sit in the yard.

I have to have a truck so I can partially justify a 5th wheel sitting around.  The depreciation on the Toy Haulers is not to awful bad.  RV's on the other are a black hole.
It for the exact reason you mentioned Six that we bought a 5th wheel and truck.  The truck and my Ultra are my primary means of transportation, my wife has her car...if we had bought an RV, I wouldn't have a truck and the RV would be lying fallow in storage for probably 7 months out of the year (at least until we retire).  This way, the trailer sits in storage and I still get to use the truck.  It's kind of a win-win if you're going to do any sort of trailering.  The big pushers are nice, but we won't consider one of those until we retire and know that we'll be using it a lot more than what we are using the trailer now.  We're very happy with the Raptor...look around at all the different toy haulers and I think you'll agree.  They are probably the best bang for the buck, and they are solid trailers.  We both love riding the Ultra, but I definitely can't picture momma riding on a 1300 mile trip to Minnesota on the bike... we can take the trailer, set up camp in Minnesota and do a lot of day trips and at night return back to our domicile....I can break out the barbeque, and we can have some steaks, or burgers, or dogs, or whatever we feel like, then after meal I can go out in the air conditioned garage and polish up the bike after a day's ride and have her ready for tomorrow.  I know the old "die-hard biker" attitude, ride to where ever you're going...I used to be that way and never believed in trailering, until I got that toyhauler....it changes your whole outlook on trailering.  And will I ever break even or save money over a hotel and eating out all the time?  Who knows, I don't really care, we both enjoy doing it, and that's all that matters.  Plus there's nothing sweeter than dropping the rear ramp, starting up the ride when it's in the garage, and seeing the neighbors looks (mostly always approving and envious) when you back it out.  I've gotten into more conversations with the "neighbors" when I've brought the bike out...

Cheers [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif],
Red
« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 09:30:18 PM by RedDevil »

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

SixGun

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2007, 09:58:33 AM »

Red, do you that shock absorber on your 5th wheel hitch?  I'm talking about the arm of the trailer, I don't know the proper nomenclature for that item.  Someone told me they wouldn't be without it.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2007, 08:44:43 PM »

Red, do you that shock absorber on your 5th wheel hitch?  I'm talking about the arm of the trailer, I don't know the proper nomenclature for that item.  Someone told me they wouldn't be without it.
Are you talking about the Air Ride hitch pin?  No, I don't have it on my trailer.  I was going to have my dealer install it, and they told me that they install very few of them and in their opinion they weren't necessary.  So I didn't spend the extra grand to have it put on.
Cheers :2vrolijk_21:,
Red

2012 FLHXSE3

woody

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2007, 10:27:23 PM »

Overkill for my Bike?
             Wow, looks like a perfect bike for me.
WOODY

SixGun

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2007, 10:55:28 AM »

Red, this is what I was talking about.  I don't know how to make a picture show up in the forum or I would have posted it that way.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #52 on: February 14, 2007, 10:17:57 PM »

Red, this is what I was talking about.  I don't know how to make a picture show up in the forum or I would have posted it that way.

That's one of about 4 or 5 different air/shock assisted pin boxes.  They supposedly take the little extra bumps and jolts away from your 5th wheel hitch.  My dealer told me that they don't sell very many of them and that everyone that hasn't gotten one, hasn't wished that they had.  I guess unless you know what it's like to have one compared to not having one, I don't know how you'd know the difference.  But based on him telling me that, I didn't invest the extra $1k to have one put on.  I'd like to know if there is a difference, but beings I don't, I went by what he told me. 

That looks like it's a Winner's Circle 5th Wheel.  Am I right?

Red
« Last Edit: February 14, 2007, 10:19:31 PM by RedDevil »

2012 FLHXSE3

SixGun

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #53 on: February 14, 2007, 11:45:20 PM »

It's a Raptor 3612

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #54 on: February 15, 2007, 07:15:35 AM »

It's a Raptor 3612
Six,
I saw that when I went to the Ebay site.  The reason I wondered is that the Winner's Circle uses the ventilation screen on the generator door just like that 04 Raptor does.  They don't have that on the newer ones.

Red

2012 FLHXSE3

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #55 on: February 26, 2007, 10:47:31 AM »

Six,
I saw that when I went to the Ebay site.  The reason I wondered is that the Winner's Circle uses the ventilation screen on the generator door just like that 04 Raptor does.  They don't have that on the newer ones.

Red

Sometimes you guys just see too many things in a picture   :orange:
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #56 on: February 26, 2007, 10:51:55 AM »

Not soon...when I retire and sell the boat...not that it will be worth anything, just no longer pouring money into the hole in the water!

But I am always looking!

/Bill

Bill,

Every time my wife says why don't we do this or why don't we do that or lets do this to the house I have to remind her that she won't let me sell the "asset" we have that cost $20K a year "if it doesn't leave the dock".

Not to mention that 5 years ago it was worth more then we paid for it and now it is worth 50K less  :(

MV 2013

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #57 on: February 26, 2007, 11:15:39 AM »

Kibbi...the  Motorhome with garages...

/Bill

Now this would be cool. Same size as my ladder truck so it would be easy to drive!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 11:22:04 AM by porthole »

MV 2013

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #58 on: February 26, 2007, 11:20:38 AM »

Here's my thoughts Dude,

Assuming you've already bought a motorcycle
A) Get yourself a bigass Clearview Windshield
B) Get yourself a set of fairing lowers
C) Get yourself some LLBean flannel lined jeans
D) Get yourself some good quality riding leathers
E) Get yourself some good quality rain gear
F) Get yourself some water-resistant riding boots
G) get yourself several pairs of gloves for different temps
H) Get yourself a quality full face helmet

That should all add up to a couple grand.

THEN GO RIDE THE SOB

Big B

PS
      If you didn't want my opinion you shouldn't have asked

Hey Brian, some of us just don't have that luxury. Fact is, my wife would love to do all the traveling by bike, she even use to have her own, but an auto accident 21 years ago and multiple surgeries prevents her from doing anything more then an hour or two at a time.

For our MV trip last she spent most of the time in the truck laying down in the back.

MV 2013

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.266 seconds with 25 queries.