Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Infotainment 1.19.1.2 Update  (Read 8988 times)

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
Re: Infotainment 1.19.1.2 Update
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2015, 08:13:11 PM »

Dave I just cannot understand why you buy a product you have so little faith in.

At this point it is still the best option if you want to ride a touring bike.  I have looked and continue to look at Indian.  I have tested the GTL BMW.

My big issue with the CVO Road Glide ultra, is the Head Unit and the POS air shocks which were easily fixed by me.

Unfortunately the head unit Issues I can not easily fix like the shocks.  My bike is ridden lots so a reliable GPS is important to me, as is a sound system that functions like it is suppose to.  I'm at 31K miles on my bike.

What I can not under stand is why so many people accept the status quo of a product that does not work or function as advertised or work as per the manual.

I love my bike, I am extremely disappointed in the head unit.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2015, 08:43:28 PM »

At this point it is still the best option if you want to ride a touring bike.  I have looked and continue to look at Indian.  I have tested the GTL BMW.

My big issue with the CVO Road Glide ultra, is the Head Unit and the POS air shocks which were easily fixed by me.

Unfortunately the head unit Issues I can not easily fix like the shocks.  My bike is ridden lots so a reliable GPS is important to me, as is a sound system that functions like it is suppose to.  I'm at 31K miles on my bike.

What I can not under stand is why so many people accept the status quo of a product that does not work or function as advertised or work as per the manual.

You can fix the problems w/the head unit as you have fixed the issue w/the shocks... go aftermarket (Garmin or others for GPS, and others for stereo if that is a concern).

When you accept the status quo of a product (as you have stated previously when you accepted and changed things <shocks>) then you can do it for other features that don't work as you want.

My post is not to berate you up nor get on a :soapbox:... there IMO will never be a product that satisfies everyone completely... it's up to the individual to customize/satisfy themselves as to what they want on the product <their bike>.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

mark

« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2015, 08:58:46 PM »

I don't have a dog in the hunt since I'm riding a pre-Rushmore CVO.  However, I have to agree...a hundred dollar Garmin performs better than the Infotainment system.  I rented a Rusmore on a trip out west and it did not work well when downloading routes from a flash drive.  I'm ready to trade for a new bike, but the issues with the Infotainment system give me pause.  Seems it was developed by the "gang that couldn't shoot straight" and is so problematic, they can't get it right going on 3 yrs.  A buddy just bought a new RGS and has already had his bike in the shop for Infotainment problems.  This isn't new technology, the auto industry has been using these type systems - problem free - for yrs.   

HighOnHD

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WA

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE UV Blue/Molten Lava
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2015, 10:12:53 PM »

You can fix the problems w/the head unit as you have fixed the issue w/the shocks... go aftermarket (Garmin or others for GPS, and others for stereo if that is a concern).

When you accept the status quo of a product (as you have stated previously when you accepted and changed things <shocks>) then you can do it for other features that don't work as you want.

My post is not to berate you up nor get on a :soapbox:... there IMO will never be a product that satisfies everyone completely... it's up to the individual to customize/satisfy themselves as to what they want on the product <their bike>.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

Fired00d speaks the truth!

There are also other things that come into play. You have to take some of the posts with a grain of salt. There was one thread a dozen or so posts were made complaining about how terrible the system is because the AVC STILL did not work on a specific update. The fact is it did work. There is a such thing as user/customer error.

Also, even though I only put on 16k in the first year on mine ( I live where it seems to rain 9 months a year and I still work for a living) I did get to go on a 4700 mile trip. My unit NEVER failed to get us to the hotel every night with GPS, or any of the other destinations. My unit has the most awesome stereo that also never failed. I am completely happy with mine.

Also, I hear a lot of statements comparing auto industry GPS and how superior it is to our unit. Well how many of you that are complaining about the unit not working off of way points loaded into the unit HAVE EXPECTED YOUR AUTO TO FOLLOW THE SAME KIND OF USB LOADED WAY POINTS??

As Fired00d said, (but with a little less PC) some people will never be satisfied and will just complain about everything... no making them happy.
Cheers and happy new year!

mark

« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2015, 10:41:14 PM »

Consumers should expect products to function as designed and advertised.  I've never had the need to load a map into my vehicle's nav system, but I have loaded them into a Garmin Zumo 550 many times...which performed flawlessly.  I can certainly understand FLSTFI Dave's frustration with spending $40k+ on a bike and having issues with quality.

« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 09:50:07 AM by Mark »

HighOnHD

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WA

« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2016, 12:31:17 PM »

Consumers should expect products to function as designed and advertised.  I've never had the need to load a map into my vehicle's nav system, but I have loaded them into a Garmin Zumo 550 many times...which performed flawlessly.  I can certainly understand FLSTFI Dave's frustration with spending $40k+ on a bike and having issues with quality.

Certainly true. Fortunately we still have freedom of choice in this country. I am simply trying to balance things out a little on this website. It seems as though all we hear is how rotten MOCO is with the same complaint posts that continue over and over, and don't hear enough from the customers who are completely satisfied with the very same product. I personally believe there are absolutely far more that are satisfied otherwise they would not be buying them. Over six thousand 2015 FLHXSE's sold is not exactly exhibiting slower sales, and a loss in confidence in the product.

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2016, 08:12:05 PM »

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

Shocks are a rather simple replacement, easy to do, and relatively inexpensive.  When this bike gets traded in 12 months or so, the factory shocks will be back on the bike, with less than 1K miles on them.

The head unit is a very expensive proposition to replace, and very difficult to get it to work with all the hand controls.  You are looking at thousands of dollars.

The shocks I knew sucked bad before I ever bought the bike.  However the shocks did work as designed, there have been no updates or fixes for the shocks.  I had no clue the head unit and GPS had so many issues.  The head unit had many features that did not work, and others that worked wrong.  Thats a big difference. The head unit gets a update every couple months to fix issues. I would love the head unit and GPS if it worked correctly.

You are correct, I accepted the product knowing the shocks sucked.  Had I know the GPS would not point the correct way for a turn, nor route me the shortest distance when thats what its set for, that AVC did not work, that it would dim, and not go bright until you turned the bike off, that it would not advance songs on the iPod, or skip songs, that which the sun on your back you could not see the screen I may have rethought my purchase.  That said most the above issues have slowly been fixed over the past 16 months.  Time zones and volume fluctuations are the big issues remaining.

Certainly true. Fortunately we still have freedom of choice in this country. I am simply trying to balance things out a little on this website. It seems as though all we hear is how rotten MOCO is with the same complaint posts that continue over and over, and don't hear enough from the customers who are completely satisfied with the very same product. I personally believe there are absolutely far more that are satisfied otherwise they would not be buying them. Over six thousand 2015 FLHXSE's sold is not exactly exhibiting slower sales, and a loss in confidence in the product.

You did not see these complaints about my 09 SERG that I put 45K miles on.  You did not see any of these complaints on my 12 SERG that with 46K miles on it I traded on my 15 SERGU.  You did not and do not see complaints on my 13 SERK.  So, 4 CVO's since 09, over 130K miles since 09 and I have ONE major complaint. 

My complaint on this bike is for a valid reason.  The head unit was rushed into production with Many flaws in the audio system and Nav system.  3 years into production they still have issues with the Head Unit.  Many have been fixed, but there still are some.  I may be more aware of the head unit short comings than many as my bike has 31K on it, not a lot of 15's with more miles.  I do know of one, he has 2K more than me.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 08:14:59 PM by FLSTFI Dave »

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2016, 01:59:29 PM »

What does ease of putting way points/routes in a Garmin 550 have to do with a Ford/Chev/Dodge whatever factory unit have to do with Harley?
I am all for stuff working but to compare a Garmin 550 to the infotainment system on ANY other vehicle is just apples to oranges. The Garmin is a GPS that accepts Bluetooth. What does this have to do with a unit that does more than the computer that US used to get on the moon.
Everyone complains about the HD Infotainment system but when was the last time your computer crashed? Or just required a reboot? Did you go online and complain about HP or Dell in a forum?

mark

« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2016, 08:17:21 PM »

What does ease of putting way points/routes in a Garmin 550 have to do with a Ford/Chev/Dodge whatever factory unit have to do with Harley?
I am all for stuff working but to compare a Garmin 550 to the infotainment system on ANY other vehicle is just apples to oranges. The Garmin is a GPS that accepts Bluetooth. What does this have to do with a unit that does more than the computer that US used to get on the moon.
Everyone complains about the HD Infotainment system but when was the last time your computer crashed? Or just required a reboot? Did you go online and complain about HP or Dell in a forum?

If you're happy with the Infotainment System, then great.  However, a forum member isn't pleased his $40k+ bike has a system that doesn't work as designed and advertised.  My experience with the Infotainment system on a rental bike reinforces, in my mind, what FLSTFI Dave is dissatisfied with.

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2016, 09:36:12 PM »

I'm not talking about putting in way points.  I'm talking about the turn arrow pointing the correct way to turn, which it did not for the first 16 months of ownership.  Finally the last update fixed that.  Im talking about AVC not working until two updates ago.  I'm talking about GPS Time zones that still do not work.  A screen that can not be seen if your riding west in the mid morning, or if your riding east in the mid afternoon.  There have been at lest 5 updates since Sept 14 when I bought the bike, fixing issues, and they still are not all fixed. 

So like I expect the AVC on my car that cost less than my bike to work, which it did from day one.  It also from day one points the correct direction with the turn arrow.

2009 was the last time my computer crashed.  It was not the computer but the POS operating system, Windows.  In 09, I bought my current Mac book and it has not crashed once, not one blue screen of death.

Sorry I expect something to work as the owners manual states it does.  Not 16 months after I buy it, but the day buy it.  40K buys a heck of a nice car, this bike is a luxury item so I expect it to work as advertised.

This is the first Harley and First CVO I have bought that did not function as advertised or described in my owners manual.  This is my 4th CVO since 09.  I like the bike, I am very dissatisfied with the infotainment system not working as manual says it will.

HighOnHD

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WA

« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2016, 12:46:45 PM »

I'm not talking about putting in way points.  I'm talking about the turn arrow pointing the correct way to turn, which it did not for the first 16 months of ownership.  Finally the last update fixed that.  Im talking about AVC not working until two updates ago.  I'm talking about GPS Time zones that still do not work.  A screen that can not be seen if your riding west in the mid morning, or if your riding east in the mid afternoon.  There have been at lest 5 updates since Sept 14 when I bought the bike, fixing issues, and they still are not all fixed. 

So like I expect the AVC on my car that cost less than my bike to work, which it did from day one.  It also from day one points the correct direction with the turn arrow.

2009 was the last time my computer crashed.  It was not the computer but the POS operating system, Windows.  In 09, I bought my current Mac book and it has not crashed once, not one blue screen of death.

Sorry I expect something to work as the owners manual states it does.  Not 16 months after I buy it, but the day buy it.  40K buys a heck of a nice car, this bike is a luxury item so I expect it to work as advertised.

This is the first Harley and First CVO I have bought that did not function as advertised or described in my owners manual.  This is my 4th CVO since 09.  I like the bike, I am very dissatisfied with the infotainment system not working as manual says it will.

Well Dave I ride my bike with a perma-grin attached to my face. I hope you don't ride yours with a perm-scowl; otherwise, you might want to find something else to do.

Have a good one either way!

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2016, 09:23:03 PM »

Well Dave I ride my bike with a perma-grin attached to my face. I hope you don't ride yours with a perm-scowl; otherwise, you might want to find something else to do.

Have a good one either way!

Pretty sure I am grinning for 98% of the 31K on my 15.  Its just when it tells and points for me to turn the wrong way I scowl, or when it tells me the time, two hours off from the real time due to time zones not functioning correctly.

My only issue is the Infotainment system.  Engine performance is fine, as is most everything else.

HighOnHD

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WA

« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2016, 12:57:31 PM »

Pretty sure I am grinning for 98% of the 31K on my 15.  Its just when it tells and points for me to turn the wrong way I scowl, or when it tells me the time, two hours off from the real time due to time zones not functioning correctly.

My only issue is the Infotainment system.  Engine performance is fine, as is most everything else.
Good to hear! Mine has never pointed me the wrong way (yet). I actually like the way it pops up an exploded view box ahead of the turn and has always pointed me correctly. It may have gotten the time wrong when I went to SD, but that didn't effect my grin any.  ;D

Cheers

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2016, 06:51:57 PM »

Good to hear! Mine has never pointed me the wrong way (yet). I actually like the way it pops up an exploded view box ahead of the turn and has always pointed me correctly. It may have gotten the time wrong when I went to SD, but that didn't effect my grin any.  ;D

Cheers
This is a setting I must be missing. Where do you have it set to pop up an exploded view of future turns? Would have saved me some aggravation on my TX trip this past summer.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

cvosjoe

• Elite CVO Member
    • Joe's Place
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2016, 08:04:23 PM »

This is a setting I must be missing. Where do you have it set to pop up an exploded view of future turns? Would have saved me some aggravation on my TX trip this past summer.

Go to setup and scroll to Navigation Setup. Select Appearance and scroll to Lane Guidance and check it.
2019 FLHXSE Charred Steel/Lightning Silver
2018 FLHXSE - Totaled
2017 FLTRXS Wicked Red Denim
2017 FLHXSE - Traded
2015 FLTRUSE - Traded
2014 FLHTKSE - Traded
2013 FLHTCUSE8 - Traded
2012 FLTRXSE - Sold
2011 FLTRUSE - Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 - Traded
2005 FLHTCSE2 - Traded
2004 FXSTDSE2 - Traded
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.225 seconds with 20 queries.