Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 25

Author Topic: Some New Mods  (Read 42762 times)

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
Re: Some New Mods
« Reply #300 on: April 07, 2007, 03:32:50 PM »

Just don't tell JesterDecor I said that.
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #301 on: April 07, 2007, 04:01:22 PM »

Just don't tell JesterDecor I said that.

HB

Remember,
It's easier to get forgiveness than it is to get permission!

:2vrolijk_21:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #302 on: April 07, 2007, 04:06:39 PM »

HB

Remember,

I get wiser with age. The saying "Paybacks are hell" comes to mind.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #303 on: April 07, 2007, 04:11:35 PM »

HB

Remember,

Bingo!!! You're supposed to ask after you get the parts! ;) Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #304 on: April 07, 2007, 04:35:17 PM »

Ask what? Where I'm going to sleep?

Actually, JesterDecor doesn't give me any grief at all. She's been really good during this whole process. She does wonder WHY a CVO that has everything, costs so much after the sale. Don't we all?

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #305 on: April 07, 2007, 04:48:06 PM »

Well, it needed a new upper brake line and tee. The tee doesn't accommodate the lower fork cover. Oh well! I think I read of that from someone else, because I wasn't totally surprised. What was alarming was the broken Tooth from the Starter Ring Gear found attached to the magnetic Primary drain plug! Only took 500 miles for that one! Anyone know any fixes to the POS spring-loaded, banging compensator's we have? i told him to put the Syn 3 in, in case I bring it in to have the dealer fix it under W.....ty! I'd rather have a better fix for it than putting it back to stock. Might cost some $$ but I'd rather make things bulletproof while it's apart. Any advice? Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #306 on: April 07, 2007, 06:44:15 PM »

Red,

Youre going at it all wrong dude! The thing to do is come in the house, put your foot down and be a man about it! Tell her you're adding some mods, and if she don't like it, then TOO BAD. A woman respects a strong man. Let me know how that works out? Ok?
HB,
I put my foot down right after I got her a leather recliner sofa and loveseat, all new end tables, coffee table, matching lamps and getting ready to pay for renovating the kitchen...funny thing is, my foot doesn't hurt at all from putting it down so hard...just the spot on my a$$ where my wallet usually is.  I knew that getting a new HD would cost me more than the initial bike, but I thought that meant extra parts FOR the bike. :-*  Actually she's treated me right for 33 years now...I definitely can't complain. ;)
Cheers :2vrolijk_21:,
  :devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Sgt072

« Reply #307 on: April 08, 2007, 01:54:26 PM »

I have the same oil/temp dip stick on my ultra and the screen to read is always turned sideways, I noticed yours is horizontal.  I have tried dozens of was get my screen horizontal but if I want it tight it is turned sideways.  A friend of my with a new scream-in Eagle Road King just had one put on and his is the same way as mine.   

I am sure there is a simple solution but I am to stupid to figure it out.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #308 on: April 08, 2007, 02:39:36 PM »

I have the same oil/temp dip stick on my ultra and the screen to read is always turned sideways, I noticed yours is horizontal.  I have tried dozens of was get my screen horizontal but if I want it tight it is turned sideways.  A friend of my with a new scream-in Eagle Road King just had one put on and his is the same way as mine.   

I am sure there is a simple solution but I am to stupid to figure it out.
If you take the dip stick out and set it face down on a piece of cloth, you'll see 4 or 5 (can't remember exactly) screws holding the face of the dip stick to the body.  Take those screws out and then pull the two pieces away from each other.  (Be careful, don't pull to hard or far or you could break the thin wires running from the LCD to the sensor body.)  Turn the cap to the nearest position where you think it will be close to horizontal as possible when you've got it tightened in the bike, then put the screws back in.  Take it out, put it back in, and see how you did.  It took me two tries.  Mine is not perfectly horizontal, but it's close. 

By the way, welcome to the site.  You might want to go over to the New Member section and introduce yourself and provide a pic of your ride.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 02:41:34 PM by RedDevil »

2012 FLHXSE3

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #309 on: April 08, 2007, 06:54:34 PM »

If you take the dip stick out and set it face down on a piece of cloth, you'll see 4 or 5 (can't remember exactly) screws holding the face of the dip stick to the body.  Take those screws out and then pull the two pieces away from each other.  (Be careful, don't pull to hard or far or you could break the thin wires running from the LCD to the sensor body.)  Turn the cap to the nearest position where you think it will be close to horizontal as possible when you've got it tightened in the bike, then put the screws back in.  Take it out, put it back in, and see how you did.  It took me two tries.  Mine is not perfectly horizontal, but it's close. 

By the way, welcome to the site.  You might want to go over to the New Member section and introduce yourself and provide a pic of your ride.

There you go :devil: , I was not going to buy the LED since I have the temp gauge in the fairing. NOW I have to get one. Thanks again  ;)  ;D  :orange:  ;)

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #310 on: April 09, 2007, 01:01:56 AM »

There you go :devil: , I was not going to buy the LED since I have the temp gauge in the fairing. NOW I have to get one. Thanks again  ;)  ;D  :orange:  ;)
AJ,
Always willing to help a bro spend his money...this way you can tell the temp in two places.   ;)

2012 FLHXSE3

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #311 on: April 09, 2007, 01:24:14 AM »

AJ,
Always willing to help a bro spend his money...this way you can tell the temp in two places.   ;)

Didn't they used to have two types of thermometers that... never mind   ::) ;)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #312 on: April 09, 2007, 11:08:53 AM »

New mods.  What new mods?

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #313 on: April 09, 2007, 07:36:09 PM »

Mods, new mods! Did you do any this year Don? ::)

Handlebars are on. Cables and clutch line was long enough. Wires needed extending and the front brakeline needed replacement with a longer one. HD uses a brake tee instead of 1 piece brakeline when you need a longer one. The stock chrome cover doesn't fit anymore. Who cares, it's just a chrome cover! The rear chrome master is on too.

No your not getting pics right now. I picked the bike up and brought it straight to the dealer to get the broken Primary junk fixed. I'm expecting it back before York. At least when I get it back, I should have some improvements. Chrome inner primary and starter! Speedo's acting up and will also probably be replaced.

I'll let you know how things go and get pics when I get it back!

Hoist! 8)

TCinVA

• Elite CVO Member
  • FINALLY!

• CVO1: 2007 B&O FLHTCUSE2
« Reply #314 on: April 09, 2007, 07:45:11 PM »

Mods, new mods! Did you do any this year Don? ::)

Handlebars are on. Cables and clutch line was long enough. Wires needed extending and the front brakeline needed replacement with a longer one. HD uses a brake tee instead of 1 piece brakeline when you need a longer one. The stock chrome cover doesn't fit anymore. Who cares, it's just a chrome cover! The rear chrome master is on too.

No your not getting pics right now. I picked the bike up and brought it straight to the dealer to get the broken Primary junk fixed. I'm expecting it back before York. At least when I get it back, I should have some improvements. Chrome inner primary and starter! Speedo's acting up and will also probably be replaced.

I'll let you know how things go and get pics when I get it back!

Hoist! 8)
Howie,
I trust the primary issues are being covered by the MoCo?  Do they consider the starter as part of the problem?  (Should defray some of the cost of that chrome starter  ;)).  Hope everything works out.
Tony
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 25

Page created in 0.174 seconds with 20 queries.