Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: 2015 CVO RG Ultra Fog Lights  (Read 5137 times)

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
Re: 2015 CVO RG Ultra Fog Lights
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2016, 06:29:29 PM »

If looking for improved vision for the rider, as opposed to making the bike more visible to oncoming traffic, I'd suggest mounting your aux lights higher and not on the calipers.  If you aim the Moto light types properly (angled slightly down), you aren't going to get as much spread and fill as you would with lights mounted up near the turn signals.  And if you aim the Moto lights improperly (angled upward), like many seem to do, all you will be doing is blinding oncoming folks as those bouncing beams hit them right in the eye.  I've gotten so I hate to see a bike with caliper mounted lights coming toward me, since most aren't aimed correctly and they bounce all over the place with the movement of the wheel. 

JMHO - Jerry

I would say with my Motolights they do very little to add to the light thrown down the road, and that wasn't my goal.

The Motolight people at Americade, (where I got mine) were big on the the "see and be seen" mantra with the emphasis on the "be seen". They were pushing low mounting for the best "triangle of light".
As I have mentioned on here before, the selling point for me was seeing another bike probably a half mile or more away, picking up on his headlight and two low mount Motolights.
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

bakon

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited "Wicked"
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2016, 08:53:24 AM »

I agree on triangle and although wired separate, usually have all on. Also helps in group travel. If I take rear the lead can find last bike easier
Will

SEsupply2

• Senior CVO Member
    • IL

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3
    • CVO2: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2016, 12:14:20 PM »

I installed the spot/turn signal combo on my '09 from Headwinds and love the light output and quality of them. Yes they are pricey but you get what you pay for, here's an installed picture.
2018 FLTRXSE
Fullsac MX pipe and S&S MK45's
Corbin dual touring seat
SOUNDZ Amp, Iron 65 & Iron 57 speakers
HD king tourpak w/chopped backrest
Metalsport luggage rack
JH Choppers floorboards
Freedom windshield 13"
Ciro3d cupholders
Ohlins 159 shocks
Avon grips/pegs

qwicker

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2016, 01:29:47 AM »

So, here's what I ended up doing. I was in Dallas last week and happened across the Custom Dynamics Ringz LED front signal light plug ins. They are a direct replacement for the stock 1157 amber bulb. Plug and play. 5 minute installation. They are VERY bright and do a good job of filling the first 30 feet where the headlights miss. Good enough to light up the inside of corners at night, which is exactly what I was trying to accomplish. For $89 I thought they were worth a try.

The white outer ring of LEDs comes on with the ignition, and goes out when the amber inner LEDs  come on as signal lights. Perfect plug and play. No switches. No harnesses. No issues, and you'd never know they were there. Maybe not as bright as the HD or Motolights, but doing the job for a lot less $$$. And, I hear their customer service and warranty is excellent.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 09:01:22 PM by qwicker »
2015 CVO Road Glide Ultra.  Love the Rushmore refinements.  Carbon Dust/Autumn Sunset.  Fullsac DX-Pipe, 2" Cores, TTS. Still Lovin it.

2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra.  Rio Red. Third time in the shop in six months. 31,000 miles. Traded

2002 Ultra Classic. Rio Red.  SE 2 into 1.  41,000 miles.  Sold
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 20 queries.