Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: National Geographic TV show  HD factory Tour  (Read 1047 times)

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHRSE5
    • Phillips and Lyon LLC
National Geographic TV show  HD factory Tour
« on: January 29, 2007, 02:11:33 PM »

I watched the show yesterday pm.  It seemed like HD had so much input and control that it appeared like I was watching a one hour infomercial on the Vrod.   Am I missing something or was there an absence of torque wrenches when assembling the bikes?
"A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory"

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
Re: National Geographic TV show  HD factory Tour
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007, 05:29:28 PM »

I watched the show yesterday pm.  It seemed like HD had so much input and control that it appeared like I was watching a one hour infomercial on the Vrod.   Am I missing something or was there an absence of torque wrenches when assembling the bikes?

ROBOTS HAVE THERE OWN TORQUE SPECS LIKE THE GERMANS..... "GOODNTITE" ;D
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2007, 07:50:17 PM »

I guess we don't have a National Geographic channel in my town. Couldn't find this anywhere last night. Did I miss anything ?

B B

skyglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE (concord)
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2007, 08:11:58 PM »

I guess we don't have a National Geographic channel in my town. Couldn't find this anywhere last night. Did I miss anything ?

B B
Yes #66 . Something I did not know maybe you did? Seems there is one person who takes our CVO and is with from bare frame to its completion with about five different location stops in factory.Then he signs is John Hancock. On the V-Rod he signs under air box. Says he has great satisfaction in walking up to us when see us out on road and he can tell who built our bike. Boy I can not wait till that day happens >:( With all of the loose bolts and misaligned gaps I have found on the last two CVO's. Was interesting to say the least.

skyglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE (concord)
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2007, 08:15:25 PM »

The show was about "making of a Vrod" in the Kansas city plant. With a nice segment about CVO'S

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide "Silvia"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® (SOLD)
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2007, 08:29:30 PM »

B B

Big B, Move out of Northern Mexico, or maybe try the Spanish Channel next time  ;)
 [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]
« Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 08:33:29 PM by EAGLE1 »
Toes in the water, ass in the sand

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 20 queries.