Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10  All

Author Topic: Harley workers to go on strike  (Read 15685 times)

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
Re: Harley workers to go on strike
« Reply #120 on: February 10, 2007, 11:01:26 AM »

Hey Hb, you better be careful man, he's still tuning your bike. Don't you know not to piss-off your waiter before he serves your food. You wait til afterwards (unless you like eating spit)! ;D ;D ;D Hoist! 8)

Hoist, You do have a point. What can I say? I'm educated beyond my intelligence. He takes it all as fun. Last week, I stopped in the store, asked for Bubba. When I met him I introduced myself as HogBreath and he instantly started laughing. It's all good man.
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #121 on: February 10, 2007, 11:06:32 AM »

Hoist, You do have a point. What can I say? I'm educated beyond my intelligence. He takes it all as fun. Last week, I stopped in the store, asked for Bubba. When I met him I introduced myself as HogBreath and he instantly started laughing. It's all good man.

You know I'm just messing with ya HB! ;D Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #122 on: February 10, 2007, 11:14:16 AM »

You know I'm just messing with ya HB! ;D Hoist! 8)

Of course, I'm just trying to reach that Senior Member status!

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #123 on: February 10, 2007, 03:33:25 PM »

Sounds like a straight up guy.  Most of us folk from Kentucky are that way  :).  You just gotta' love those T-shirts. :huepfenlol2:
Tony

Are you from KY TCinVa? You have great tastes in motorcycles!

TCinVA

• Elite CVO Member
  • FINALLY!

• CVO1: 2007 B&O FLHTCUSE2
« Reply #124 on: February 11, 2007, 07:30:36 PM »

Are you from KY TCinVa? You have great tastes in motorcycles!
HB,
Yep.  Grew up in Hopkinsville.  Left for the Navy in 70.  Ended up spending more time than I particularly wanted to in the Washington, D.C. area.  Got pretty deep roots in Northern VA now.  Get back to KY to visit my mom at least once a year.  She stills live in Hopkinsville.
Tony

PHAZE

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: '05 SEEG/'06 CUSE/'07 SERK/'09 SERG (ALL SOLD)
    • CVO2: '09 CVO Fat Bob Black Diamond/Fire Quartz (SOLD)
    • CVO3: '11.5 CVO Ultra Classic Twilight Blue/Candy Cobalt
« Reply #125 on: February 13, 2007, 07:27:15 PM »

ARTICLE IN THE BUSINESS SECTION OF THE COMMERCIAL APPEAL TODAY. 

Edit: Fixed up the pic for you Phaze.....
« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 10:03:25 PM by hd-dude »

KentuckyHarleyDude

• Banned
  • Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #126 on: February 13, 2007, 09:27:04 PM »

Well as a lot of you know I work for a Harley dealer in Paducah Ky ...and this is how I see it ..... I think the MoCo knows exacally what they are doing ....I honestly feel this is premeditated on the companys part due to the fact that they have over produced bikes and dealers all over the country are screaming bloody murder over standing inventory and lost revinew due to floor plan interest and the lack of urgency on the buyers part which means they shop more for a better price's .... the MoCo had told us at the winter meeting in Orlando that they had met with the Dealers council, realized they had over produced and that they would make an immediate cut back ...what better way then to fource the union to go on strike .... 2800 employees at roughly $20.00 per hour works out to about $9000000 a month is saved in pay roll not to mention what they save in benifits ....why pay employees for building something that there is no need for right now ....I also think the MoCo knew what they were doing when they built to many bikes for the dealers to handle ...I think for one they were testing the market to see what it would bare ...and I think they wanted to raise some cash for verious endevors one being to build the new Harley museum in Milwalkee  ...once they build the bikes and deliver them to the dealer thier money is in the bank regardless to weather the dealers sell them or not ... I think this thing will last until the MoCo wants to end it ...when the numbers get back in round as far as inventory is concerned and the dealers are happy .... I do not have inside information to this effect and these are just my opinions but it sure makes since to me...for what its worth....

Bubba
« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 11:03:56 PM by KentuckyHarleyDude »
" Why Johnny Ringo ...you look like somone just ..walked across your grave"

SilverDawg

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #127 on: February 13, 2007, 09:56:56 PM »

I was in a meeting last night where a few of my meeting attendees are pretty close to some of their local Harley dealers, and they pretty much stated the same thing as KHD just stated above.  Perhaps it was a premeditated effort to build inventory in anticipation of a strike, or the fact the MoCo over estimated demand and the strike is something they can tolerate for 4-8 weeks to get dealer inventory in line.

One end result may be the MoCo has a pretty good feel on what the "saturation" point is in the US market.  Financially healthy dealers are critical for sustained  profitable growth for the MoCo, and floor plan interest can take a huge bite out of a dealers bottom line.  Profitable dealers SHOULD treat their customers with respect, build competitive facilities, advertise and promote their products, train and pay their employees in a fair and equitable manner and continue to build the Harley brand in their respective market place.

The "sweet spot" for us as consumers is that  point where the dealers can turn their inventory fast enough to not be subject to huge flooring expense, but not so short in supply where waiting lists exists (except CVO's :P) and they begin slap the addendums on all of their bikes.  Not sure what that production level is for the US, but somewhere around 2005-2006 model year levels would be my guess.  For those of us who took a boat load of economics classes in college, it is truely a model of supply vs. demand.  Even the MoCo is subject to this basic fundamental principle of business.

I would bet the excess capacity over US demand will go toward filling orders on a global basis.  I would guess they have no plans to cut back production, rather ship it overseas in some of the rapidly expanding markets (China, etc.)  They will become a truely global company to help them continue to grow and keep the mystique alive in the US!!
2008 FLHTCU Candy Red Sunglo -ABS/Security/SERT/V&H ovals
2008 FXCWC - Pacific Blue Pearl Deluxe-SOLD

The poster formally known as Cobaltman...

"As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say.  I just watch what they do." - Andrew Carnegie

PHAZE

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: '05 SEEG/'06 CUSE/'07 SERK/'09 SERG (ALL SOLD)
    • CVO2: '09 CVO Fat Bob Black Diamond/Fire Quartz (SOLD)
    • CVO3: '11.5 CVO Ultra Classic Twilight Blue/Candy Cobalt
« Reply #128 on: February 13, 2007, 10:15:28 PM »

I've got my name on a blue SERK that was to be manufactured on 03/02/07.  The sales manager at the dealership doesn't seem to have any inside info as to what's going on and doesn't indicate that the MOCO has shared any info on how they would get back on track with CVO bikes.  Maybe I'll wait to see what '08 has to offer.

KentuckyHarleyDude

• Banned
  • Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #129 on: February 13, 2007, 10:19:04 PM »

I've got my name on a blue SERK that was to be manufactured on 03/02/07.  The sales manager at the dealership doesn't seem to have any inside info as to what's going on and doesn't indicate that the MOCO has shared any info on how they would get back on track with CVO bikes.  Maybe I'll wait to see what '08 has to offer.

Phase I called SPOCK today to ask what to expect in regards to two CVOs we have due in March ...they said it was about a 50/50 chance that we would receive them in March ....

Bubba

DavidB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #130 on: February 13, 2007, 10:27:44 PM »

Phase I called SPOCK today to ask what to expect in regards to two CVOs we have due in March ...they said it was about a 50/50 chance that we would receive them in March ....

Bubba

Hey Bubba,
    Was anything mentioned about a new Harley dealer in KY ?

KentuckyHarleyDude

• Banned
  • Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #131 on: February 13, 2007, 11:02:37 PM »

David I have not heard anything about a new dealer here in Kentucky ... however we are building a new dealership here in Paducah.

Bubba

DavidB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #132 on: February 14, 2007, 01:09:19 AM »

David I have not heard anything about a new dealer here in Kentucky ... however we are building a new dealership here in Paducah.

Bubba

I checked out your webb sight and the new building looks great. I'm gonna ride in that direction in Apr..
I`ll try to get buy that way if you guys keep a put of coffee plugged in. The strike should be over by then and the world placed back in balance.
Dave

KentuckyHarleyDude

• Banned
  • Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #133 on: February 14, 2007, 06:40:27 AM »

David your always welcome my friend and Ill have the coffee ready  :drink:

Bubba

SilverDawg

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #134 on: February 14, 2007, 07:52:56 AM »

Bubba

Bubba,

What is SPOCK?  (OK, besides the pointy-ear dude on Star Trek ::)

John
2008 FLHTCU Candy Red Sunglo -ABS/Security/SERT/V&H ovals
2008 FXCWC - Pacific Blue Pearl Deluxe-SOLD

The poster formally known as Cobaltman...

"As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say.  I just watch what they do." - Andrew Carnegie
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10  All

Page created in 0.185 seconds with 21 queries.