Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  All

Author Topic: Sunday Sermon  (Read 9435 times)

Miss Kitty

• Admiral's Screaming Eagle
  • Full CVO Member
  • Silver Bullet BSR

• CVO1: 09 CUSE {BSR}
Re: Sunday Sermon
« Reply #60 on: January 10, 2009, 10:43:42 PM »

Oh, and by the way Miss Kitty, there is another thread that may be of interest to you. It's called "Any Miracles Out There". Being a believer in prayer, you may have had the opportunity to see some of Gods miracles first hand and be willing to share.

Also may I encourage you to start your own "New" topic if something missing here you would like to see! Gods Sweet Love and Blessings! :2vrolijk_21:

Hi JR. I just wanted you to know that I appreciate your helpful suggestion and I did take your advice.
I started a new topic called "Chicken Soup for the Soul." Please let me know what you think about it.
Thank you for the inspiration. I really appreciate your support. God Bless.

Miss Kitty
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 12:21:05 AM by Miss Kitty »

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #61 on: January 11, 2009, 02:40:56 AM »

It's late Saturday night, almost Sunday and I'm sitting here thinking about a lot of different things. Some sane and some inane. (No pun intended, it just came out that way) This website provides a bit of both wouldn't you say ? And sometimes a thread will start out in one direction and morph into many things. This thread for instance wasn't started as a prayer thread, but if anyone wants to offer a prayer or two on it, GOD knows I can use all of em I can get, so pray away. I know I do, but not necessarily the way you do or you or you or you. You see at this point in my life with my children grown and gone and my job as well, I find myself on a spiritual journey. Some of you know this as you've ridden along with me at times on this journey in the past few years. From each of you I've learned something. Far too many things actually to list them all here, but the most important thing is that most people truly do wish to do good during their lives. We tend to get into stupid arguments over the most inconsequential things at times but on the things that matter the most we're all pretty much on the same page. I suppose to some of you, that isn't exactly news but it has been to me. Why ? I suppose because there were times when I was so busy chasing the brass ring that I forgot why I even wanted it in the first place. All I knew was I wanted whatever IT was and there were a lot of other people like me who were in my opinion willing to do whatever it took to get there first. There are of course really people like that, but thankfully not too many. One good thing to come of the tough times we are facing economically speaking these days is that these types of people are more easily exposed. So as I often say, there's good and bad in everything and ferreting out these charletans is a good thing even if we all lose a few bucks along the way. Hopefully we will learn from our mistakes and our children and their children will be better for it. Hmmm, I'm a bit off track here -- - - -where was I ?  Ok, prayer, that's the thing. Prayer to me is an affirmation that I am not completely 100% in charge of everything. Prayer is me admitting to myself that maybe, just maybe I could use a bit of help, that I'm neither omnipotent nor invincible. So I speak to GOD. Is my GOD your GOD, I don't know, I've never met mine, let alone yours. BUT, I have seen evidence of his hand and I do believe in him/her. (why not a woman, we say Mother Earth don't we ? ) Anyway, in the course of this spiritual journey I have been on, I have opened my eyes to GOD's hand and have seen so many examples of it that I have come to have a very deep and abiding faith as a result. So now I'm working on the details. The Holy Trinity being the largest of them. I expect I'll get there too and I hope to find some of my answers through my friendship with as many of you as I have the good fortune to meet along the way. GOD knows (LOL) those of you I've already met have contributed greatly. So I'll close by saying that maybe there are others of you who feel as I do; that you're searching for answers. Have faith, open your heart and you'll find them. I promise you that. I have

B B
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 02:44:40 AM by SPIDERMAN »

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #62 on: January 11, 2009, 11:24:25 AM »

Have faith, open your heart and you'll find them. I promise you that. I have

B B

Amen!
Mike
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #63 on: January 11, 2009, 05:13:57 PM »

... Ok, prayer, that's the thing. Prayer to me is an affirmation that I am not completely 100% in charge of everything. Prayer is me admitting to myself that maybe, just maybe I could use a bit of help, that I'm neither omnipotent nor invincible. So I speak to GOD. Is my GOD your GOD, I don't know, I've never met mine, let alone yours. BUT, I have seen evidence of his hand and I do believe in him/her. (why not a woman, we say Mother Earth don't we ? ) Anyway, in the course of this spiritual journey I have been on, I have opened my eyes to GOD's hand and have seen so many examples of it that I have come to have a very deep and abiding faith as a result. So now I'm working on the details. The Holy Trinity being the largest of them. I expect I'll get there too and I hope to find some of my answers through my friendship with as many of you as I have the good fortune to meet along the way. GOD knows (LOL) those of you I've already met have contributed greatly. So I'll close by saying that maybe there are others of you who feel as I do; that you're searching for answers. Have faith, open your heart and you'll find them. I promise you that. I have

B B

Hey Big Buddy! It has been a joy to watch you grow on this spiritual journey your on. I'm sure there are many here that are on their own journey and might have some of the same questions or may have some of their own. That is what is good about this thread. There are a couple things you wrote I would like to address how and why I feel about what you said. The first being about God.

Is my God your God? I believe this is so important. I often hear people tell me you worship your God and I'll worship mine, it's all the same God. This is not true according to scripture. There is only one God and He is a jealous God hence the 1st commandment. Those that would argue this are not basing it on scripture, I use to be one of them. I knew nothing of Gods word yet I would tell others what I believe about God. It was on my authority I was speaking not Gods. May I warn those that's not a good place to be because all eternity could rest on it.  Some say I'm narrow minded in believing it's my God or no God. To me it's about Heaven and Hell! Eternity is for everyone, where you spend it depends what you believe about God. Narrow is the gates into heaven! Matthew 7:13-14 13 "Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it. I would rather have someone tell it like it is and not worry about hurting my feelings then saying nothing and let me go to Hell!

2nd, I believe God is refered as a He. Again, scripture refers to God as "Father". John 3:16-18  16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.

Even when one considers the Holy Trinity, God is refered to as the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Enjoy your quest on this subject BB. Many try to understand the concept of the trinity. I personally have no problem believing in the trinity. I don't understand how I can push a button and the TV turns on and I can watch the NY Giants loose to the Eagles! :huepfenlol2: I just trust in the contoller to send power to the TV. I once heard an explanation about the trinity given to a little child like this. The trinity is like an apple. The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are 3 seperate identities all being God just as the core, meat and skin are 3 seperate identies all being an apple. No arguments from the child and all was accepted. Sound familiar? The bible says we have to come as a child. A child listens and believes. Mark 10:13-16 13 People were bringing little children to Jesus to have him touch them, but the disciples rebuked them. 14 When Jesus saw this, he was indignant. He said to them, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. 15 I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it." 16 And he took the children in his arms, put his hands on them and blessed them.

My journey took me around 4 years of searching about this God and religion thing, is it real? When it all came together I realized how simple it is, even a child can understand. It is us adults that screw it all up and try to make it so hard! I was 38 years old, my journey now is going on 13 years with God and it gets better by each day! As far as God and religion....well that sounds like a great Sunday Sermon for another day!  ;D Gods Sweet Love!

:bananarock:
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 05:15:58 PM by JR »

springervett

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 CVO Springer 105th Anniversary
    • CVO2: 2013 CVO Ultra Classic 110th Anniversary
« Reply #64 on: January 11, 2009, 10:44:26 PM »

I don't think anyone can have a true comprehension of the Holy Trinity until we actually enter heaven. That said, in addition to the Word, I would recommend reading "The Shack" by William P. Young. Although there are opinions of the book by Christian leaders both positive, and negative, it really helped me put into perspective my understanding of the mystery of the Trinity, and God's love. I have been a Christian for over 30 years, and strive to grow every day (however difficult sometimes) in the Lord. Just my meager 2 cents. God bless.

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #65 on: January 11, 2009, 10:55:49 PM »

JR,  Good post.

I enjoy reading and want to recommend one of my favorite authors.  I have read everything that Max Lucado has written.  One of his books that I would like of suggest is "3:16 The Numbers of Hope".  IMO, this is an excellent book.... a book that can help answer questions that some folks may have, whether they are life-long church attenders, or someone that just starting their faith relationship with God.

Here is a link to Max Lucado's website:  http://maxlucado.com/

Mr D

• 1K CVO Member
    • WI

« Reply #66 on: January 11, 2009, 10:57:07 PM »

JR,  Good post.

I enjoy reading and want to recommend one of my favorite authors.  I have read everything that Max Lucado has written.  One of his books that I would like of suggest is "3:16 The Numbers of Hope".  IMO, this is an excellent book.... a book that can help answer questions that some folks may have, whether they are life-long church attenders, or someone that just starting their faith relationship with God.

Here is a link to Max Lucado's website:  http://maxlucado.com/

:2vrolijk_21:
2014 FLHRSE6 Orange/Black
2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby/Typhoon [Sold]
2007 SEUC2 Red/Blk [Sold]
2006 SEUC Haze/Black [Sold]
2005 SEEG Yellow [Sold]
2003 VRSCA [Sold]
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
Phil 4:13

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #67 on: January 12, 2009, 05:47:27 PM »

JR,
Enjoyed your post, as I always do. Thanks for the spiritual lift your posts provide.
Love you brother!
Mike
 :2vrolijk_21:
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #68 on: January 21, 2009, 01:18:35 AM »

It's late Saturday night, almost Sunday and I'm sitting here thinking about a lot of different things. Some sane and some inane. (No pun intended, it just came out that way) This website provides a bit of both wouldn't you say ? And sometimes a thread will start out in one direction and morph into many things. This thread for instance wasn't started as a prayer thread, but if anyone wants to offer a prayer or two on it, GOD knows I can use all of em I can get, so pray away. I know I do, but not necessarily the way you do or you or you or you. You see at this point in my life with my children grown and gone and my job as well, I find myself on a spiritual journey. Some of you know this as you've ridden along with me at times on this journey in the past few years. From each of you I've learned something. Far too many things actually to list them all here, but the most important thing is that most people truly do wish to do good during their lives. We tend to get into stupid arguments over the most inconsequential things at times but on the things that matter the most we're all pretty much on the same page. I suppose to some of you, that isn't exactly news but it has been to me. Why ? I suppose because there were times when I was so busy chasing the brass ring that I forgot why I even wanted it in the first place. All I knew was I wanted whatever IT was and there were a lot of other people like me who were in my opinion willing to do whatever it took to get there first. There are of course really people like that, but thankfully not too many. One good thing to come of the tough times we are facing economically speaking these days is that these types of people are more easily exposed. So as I often say, there's good and bad in everything and ferreting out these charletans is a good thing even if we all lose a few bucks along the way. Hopefully we will learn from our mistakes and our children and their children will be better for it. Hmmm, I'm a bit off track here -- - - -where was I ?  Ok, prayer, that's the thing. Prayer to me is an affirmation that I am not completely 100% in charge of everything. Prayer is me admitting to myself that maybe, just maybe I could use a bit of help, that I'm neither omnipotent nor invincible. So I speak to GOD. Is my GOD your GOD, I don't know, I've never met mine, let alone yours. BUT, I have seen evidence of his hand and I do believe in him/her. (why not a woman, we say Mother Earth don't we ? ) Anyway, in the course of this spiritual journey I have been on, I have opened my eyes to GOD's hand and have seen so many examples of it that I have come to have a very deep and abiding faith as a result. So now I'm working on the details. The Holy Trinity being the largest of them. I expect I'll get there too and I hope to find some of my answers through my friendship with as many of you as I have the good fortune to meet along the way. GOD knows (LOL) those of you I've already met have contributed greatly. So I'll close by saying that maybe there are others of you who feel as I do; that you're searching for answers. Have faith, open your heart and you'll find them. I promise you that. I have

B B

B B I'll miss your posts, Vaya con Dios big guy  :(

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #69 on: January 21, 2009, 05:59:08 AM »

B B I'll miss your posts, Vaya con Dios big guy  :(
OK, I just saw AJ's post now this one from Roger.  What has happened to Brian? 
My heart is pounding like a freight train!  Is anyone out there that knows what is going on?

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #70 on: February 15, 2009, 10:01:58 AM »

I have sent out an email attachment to some of you on this young man named Logan. He is a 13 year old cowboy that touched my heart. I tried to post it here but don't know how to post a wmv file so I found one of him on youtube. It's just his voice but it's good! :2vrolijk_21: Enjoy and be blessed!

Ditch

• Elite CVO Member
  • SoA # 56.345 1/2

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE Orange & Black
« Reply #71 on: February 15, 2009, 10:36:10 AM »

I have sent out an email attachment to some of you on this young man named Logan. He is a 13 year old cowboy that touched my heart. I tried to post it here but don't know how to post a wmv file so I found one of him on youtube. It's just his voice but it's good! :2vrolijk_21: Enjoy and be blessed!

WOW!!!!

Thanks JR!!!!

Enough said!!!!
"Lead don't follow, just don't follow me!!!"

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #72 on: February 15, 2009, 02:40:44 PM »

It's a touching audio, wise beyond his years JR.

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #73 on: October 17, 2010, 07:49:14 PM »

A message from my heart to all brothers and sisters of faith on this wonderful site. I ask, what is Faith and how strong is yours? Hebrews 11:1 says Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. Do you trust God, by faith, in All things or only when you come across something you have no control over? This has been a battle for me since my walk with the Lord. So often I have allowed myself to wander away from trusting an all knowing God, to trusting in myself. The out come would always be the same. The more I tried to fix it myself the more miserable I became. When I finally couldn't take it anymore, I would give it up to God. You know what? God always comes through. God would give me confirmation that if I put my trust and faith in Him, He will provide the necessary Grace I need to get me though any trial I am facing. I would thank the Lord and tell myself, I'm giving everything to God. I walk in Peace and Joy when I walk in Faith. I would do good for a while then it seemed I would slowly go down that old path, trusting in myself again until I would come to a breaking point once again. There God was, waiting on me again with open arms. Thankfully, my season of placing my faith in myself is getting shorter as I mature in my walk with God.

You know what? Often I would start down that old road by thinking God didn't need to be burdened by all the little things in my day. I was wrong! God wants to hear from you all day, every day! You see, when I'm seeking God's advise during my day, my focus is on God and I'm in tune to make Godly decisions which in turn pleases God. I am less likely to drift away from God where I stand dangerously alone flirting with a sinful nature that can have consequences I have to live with the rest of my life in this world. Does that mean God doesn't love me? Not at all! His position never changes, He is always there. It is us who wander away! Isaiah 53:6 says We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to his own way, and the Lord has laid on him (self), the iniquity (Sin) of us all. We can be encouraged when we read the bible and see even the prophets and apostles at times struggled down that road. But we also see when they stepped out in Faith...God's Faith there was miracles, peace, joy and power to those that trusted in a holy God!

So brothers and sisters, I want to encourage you to persevere! No matter if you are in a season of plenty or if you are in a season of trials and persecution. Continue to place your faith in a all knowing Holy God that loves you far greater than anyone in this world. I end with the word of God from Hebrews 10:19-25 which says Therefore, brothers, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus, by a new and living way opened for us through the curtain, that is, his body, and since we have a great priest over the house of God, let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water. Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another---and all the more as you see the Day approaching.

It is from the love of Christ in my heart from which I write today! May God richly Bless you all!!!   :2vrolijk_21:

:bananarock:

fatboy se

« Reply #74 on: October 17, 2010, 10:11:25 PM »

JR, IT is good to hear you profess your faith.I have been on this website for a couple of years and this is the first time I have seen this thread. I have been a Christian for over 30 yrs. Senior Pastor for the last 26 yrs. It is good that we all decide we need to change our lives for the better, quit doing this and start doing that, but the thing we must all realize is that we can't do it on our own, we can't save ourselves that's why we need a savior. The Bible speaks of sin being a bondage,we all like to think we can quit or stop when we get ready,but there always comes a time when you find that this thing is bigger than you. You see sin is like a dog that's free to roam his neighborhood all his life until one day someone complains and you are told you have to put him on a chain. He doesn't know he's restrained or bound until he tares out on a run and the chain snatches him off of all four legs, then for the first time he realizes he is bound. There is only one that frees from bondage, His Name Is Jesus!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        If you were to ever meet me I am no different than you or others on this site, I don't push my beliefs on anyone, but will offer to those who ask. I am here to serve.            
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 10:13:51 PM by fatboy se »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  All

Page created in 0.261 seconds with 21 queries.