Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Which Thunder-Max Tune Are You Running In Your Stock FXSTSSE2?  (Read 715 times)

SKREMN110

• CVO1: FXSTSSE2

Just wondering which Thunder-Max tune y'all are running in your 110ci Springers? What have you done to get maximum performance out of the tune you're running?

Thanks

1Fordman

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

Re: Which Thunder-Max Tune Are You Running In Your Stock FXSTSSE2?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2016, 03:45:51 PM »

I have a 309-362 T-max which is for a throttle by wire touring bike.  Not sure this is the model a springer would run.  Started off at the installation with a map close to my engine specs as a starting point.  The auto-tune builds from there.  Everytime I ride the bike it runs better, can actually feel the difference.  Bike runs cooler, starts easier and all of the quirks of the stock ecm are gone.

They are pricy but I was fortunate to find mine used for a great price.  I bought 2 new 17014 Bosch O2 sensors (same ones they come with from T-max) for good pricing on Amazon.  Sent the unit to T-max for a functionality test and to preload a starting map.  Cost was 35.00.  They'll request a lot of info about your engine for a starting point map.

Installation is easy,  their ecm replaces the stock one, run the leads for the O2 sensors, secure everything and you're ready to run.

The best part is watching it work while hooked to a laptop and the ability to change parameters.   

SKREMN110

• CVO1: FXSTSSE2
Re: Which Thunder-Max Tune Are You Running In Your Stock FXSTSSE2?
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2016, 08:39:55 AM »

Thanks for the reply..... I've actually been running a Thunder-Max on my Springer since 2011. I agree, they really do run much better. Mine is not TBW.  I just recently started playing with tuner again and noticed they haven't updated any base maps for my application since I installed it back in 11 and was wondering if anyone has experimented with other maps and saw performance gains.

Page created in 0.113 seconds with 20 queries.