Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10  All

Author Topic: Sta Bo bushings  (Read 58827 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Sta Bo bushings
« Reply #75 on: April 25, 2007, 11:21:57 PM »

But it's so much fun. :huepfenlol2:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

Not sure but I think I might be more inhibited about some of the "ideas" so willingly tossed around by the brethren.  It's harder to justify another Saturday working on the bike for every good idea when it's your own Saturday getting burned up and your own knuckles getting skinned each time  :huepfenlol2: .

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #76 on: April 25, 2007, 11:26:09 PM »

Not sure but I think I might be more inhibited about some of the "ideas" so willingly tossed around by the brethren.  It's harder to justify another Saturday working on the bike for every good idea when it's your own Saturday getting burned up and your own knuckles getting skinned each time  :huepfenlol2: .
Truth be told you know you love doing that. Remember we have seen pictures of your shop/garage. A person wouldn't put all that into an area that they didn't enjoy working in. :2vrolijk_21: Plus we know you don't give up all your Saturday's working on the bike your more likely to save doing it for rainy/cold days. Then you put on parts and let your mind drift off on the rides you are going to take with them.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #77 on: April 25, 2007, 11:36:06 PM »

Truth be told you know you love doing that. Remember we have seen pictures of your shop/garage. A person wouldn't put all that into an area that they didn't enjoy working in. :2vrolijk_21: Plus we know you don't give up all your Saturday's working on the bike your more likely to save doing it for rainy/cold days. Then you put on parts and let your mind drift off on the rides you are going to take with them.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

Too true Gary.  Both the little garage here at the house and the shop are decent places to work.  And at the shop I can just about anything short of machine work.  It does make it easier when the playgrounds are tooled such that you're not having to fuss and futz about always looking for something or wondering if the equipment will be the shortcoming.  Even tasks that require you to get a bit "creative" like, oh...., maybe; power saddlebag locks are a lot easier and a lot less of a headache when tools and common supplies necessary are at hand.

You're also right that a lot of the time out there is relaxing, in its own way anyway.  Granted, some chores are just a pain in the butt no matter what.  But a lot of the things we do to these beasts really is discretionary.  So we're choosing to mess with them.  Nice rainy days or otherwise unoccupied weekends are good for that.  You don't have to get in any hurry.  You can be careful.  You can tinker and experiment a bit if an idea pops in.  And hours can pass with the radio in the background and the only thing that passes your lips are cold beer and the occasional under your breath bad word when something doesn't go just like you wanted it to.

hogasm

« Reply #78 on: April 26, 2007, 07:01:33 AM »

Hoping my new bushings will arrive today. Bike is still on the lift so not a problem to install them.

Since installing the 18" rear and the 21" front the bike has a horrible drifting problem. Will try the bushings first then will install the Alloy Art stabilizer.

Will keep you posted

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #79 on: April 26, 2007, 09:04:02 AM »

Hoping my new bushings will arrive today. Bike is still on the lift so not a problem to install them.

Since installing the 18" rear and the 21" front the bike has a horrible drifting problem. Will try the bushings first then will install the Alloy Art stabilizer.

Will keep you posted

Sounds like an opportunity for the Traxxion front fork mod to me.  Hope your sta-bo's get there today.  I imagine your weather is looking good this time of year.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #80 on: April 26, 2007, 09:07:30 AM »

Hopefully, when the new place is done I'll have a good area to work on the bike, but for now and as long as it keeps returning to the barn for recalls I don't mind having the shop do it.  Besides, the labor rate there is so low it doesn't sting that much, plus I figure if they ever have a warranty question on something they'll ere on my side.

Although I hope I never have to find out about the latter.

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #81 on: April 26, 2007, 11:17:26 AM »

I assume these bushings are urethane? They are much denser than rubber and this would relate to more vibration. Anything that firms up the suspension componets is going to help, but if these are just two urethane why are the over $80? I can replace all the suspension bushings in a jeep front end for just over $100 and that about six bushings, some with steel sleeve's! I might do it, but think the price is a bit high. 

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Road Glide (SOLD)
« Reply #82 on: April 26, 2007, 11:38:30 AM »

I assume these bushings are urethane? They are much denser than rubber and this would relate to more vibration. Anything that firms up the suspension componets is going to help, but if these are just two urethane why are the over $80? I can replace all the suspension bushings in a jeep front end for just over $100 and that about six bushings, some with steel sleeve's! I might do it, but think the price is a bit high. 
Good point. No they are not poly bushings. They are made from Delrin or a version of it. Hard plastic per-say. I agree on MC pricing. Why is it 2K for a pair of MC wheels when I can do all 6 on my Dually for that? Why is a MC 32K and a pickup cost the same? Got me! :nixweiss:

On that note CVO Harley pricing is $60 to your door.

EDIT: I misquouted the price. It is  Sta Bo 2 for $89.78, $102.03 retail, 2002-Present including 07 FLHT, & FLHR Plus $10 shipping http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=12926.0

« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 06:53:40 PM by Puzzled »
2023 CVO Road Glide
2003 Rigid Springer Chopper "Puzzle" Bike 26"

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #83 on: April 26, 2007, 12:10:50 PM »

Guess it's a Harley thing, if your putting it on a Harley style bike it's 50% more!!!!!   >:(

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #84 on: April 26, 2007, 12:25:26 PM »

Guess it's a Harley thing, if your putting it on a Harley style bike it's 50% more!!!!!   >:(

Might be just numbers, they can mass produce the Jeep or other truck ones and I imagine the run for the Harleys is much smaller.  And as you say, it is for a Harley so what the hell, look at the money a Harley owner spends on Tshirts and chrome. :huepfenlol2:

jfh

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #85 on: April 26, 2007, 06:01:04 PM »

Good point. No they are not poly bushings. They are made from Delrin or a version of it. Hard plastic per-say. I agree on MC pricing. Why is it 2K for a pair of MC wheels when I can do all 6 on my Dually for that? Why is a MC 32K and a pickup cost the same? Got me! :nixweiss:

On that note CVO Harley pricing is $60 to your door.

Puzzled - Are you serious about the CVO Harley pricing of $60 to your door?  That is a far cry from the price you just quoted me.  Am I missing something? :confused5:

Hammer - CVO Member #641

2009 FLTRSE3: Axtell jugs, JE forged flat top pistons, S&S 585 cams, SE 58mm TB, Dewey's Pro-Street porting, SE cam plate, Zipper's tapered pushrods, Cat-less, 2" Fullsac, TTS, Twin Jagg oil coolers, AK-20, 13" Works Black Trackers w/ARS, Clearview, Hawg Wired, Yaffe Monkey Bars, Danny Gray Big Seat

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Road Glide (SOLD)
« Reply #86 on: April 26, 2007, 06:52:11 PM »

No I messed up in my reply.

The bushings are  $89.78, plus $10 shipping.
http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=12926.0

The fork cap is $60. plus shipping
http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=12928.0

Sorry for the panic and confusion. :oops:
2023 CVO Road Glide
2003 Rigid Springer Chopper "Puzzle" Bike 26"

jfh

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #87 on: April 26, 2007, 07:10:51 PM »

No I messed up in my reply.

The bushings are  $89.78, plus $10 shipping.
http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=12926.0

The fork cap is $60. plus shipping
http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=12928.0

Sorry for the panic and confusion. :oops:

No panic, but thanks for the clarification.
Hammer - CVO Member #641

2009 FLTRSE3: Axtell jugs, JE forged flat top pistons, S&S 585 cams, SE 58mm TB, Dewey's Pro-Street porting, SE cam plate, Zipper's tapered pushrods, Cat-less, 2" Fullsac, TTS, Twin Jagg oil coolers, AK-20, 13" Works Black Trackers w/ARS, Clearview, Hawg Wired, Yaffe Monkey Bars, Danny Gray Big Seat

hogasm

« Reply #88 on: April 26, 2007, 10:11:36 PM »

Got mine today. Will install them Sunday. I know, why wait till Sunday?     If this friggin breather was not such a b_tch because they dont make one for these larger cylinders, and it did not take so long to fabricate a new breather assembly, then I would do it tomorrow.

Tomorrow I ride........carefully.

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #89 on: April 27, 2007, 09:16:41 AM »

Thats a good deal on the end caps I guess I better order it.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10  All

Page created in 0.169 seconds with 21 queries.