Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: GPX warning  (Read 642 times)

Glenncarp

GPX warning
« on: February 19, 2017, 04:17:22 PM »

Lots of threads on GPS stuff, just a word of advice; if you use Google maps and then the GPS visualizer to convert it to a GPX file, if you do not have the correct settings in the visualizer, the route saved in "Saved" folder (no saved in "Trips" now) on Boom Box will show there, but cant be loaded and cannot be erased. As mentioned in previous posts, you have to do a factor reset on the BB system. Sucks!

WTF Chuck

• IBA 74296
  • 1K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2012 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic Sold
    • CVO2: 2014 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO3: 2022 Screamin Eagle Road Glide Limited
    • Muck Cross Weather
Re: GPX warning
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2017, 11:04:52 AM »

They can be erased until you fill the memory. Once the memory is full you have to do a factory reset.

Fullsac DX Pipe  2" cores and screens
Dynojet  Power  Vision  Tuner
KST's
HARLEY 28 SPOKE CHROME WHEELS
Custom Dynamics Dynamic Ringz Magic Strobe-LTP
WHAT' S Next
Darkside
Ecsta PA31
195/60/16

Glenncarp

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2017, 11:08:15 AM »

They can be erased until you fill the memory. Once the memory is full you have to do a factory reset.

I think they are just faulty files. If memory were full, I could no longer add routs to the BB. I still can import routes if created in HD ride planner or Tyre. The routes that I cannot erase or open on BB are the ones I created in Google maps, converted with GPS visualizer and imported, but they did not work.

WTF Chuck

• IBA 74296
  • 1K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2012 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic Sold
    • CVO2: 2014 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO3: 2022 Screamin Eagle Road Glide Limited
    • Muck Cross Weather
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2017, 11:57:23 AM »

Well I was playing around yesterday trying to get a few different routes built with google maps then ran thru GPS visualizer they all went into the saved folder. I was still able to delete them. But in the past when I did the same thing with bigger routes I was not able to delete and had to do the factory reset.
Now like I posted yesterday I took them same files that I ran thru GPS visualizer and simply opened them with TYRE checked the route and saved with Tyre as GPX copied to my USB went to the bike imported and they went in to the trips folder and ran correctly on the bike.

Fullsac DX Pipe  2" cores and screens
Dynojet  Power  Vision  Tuner
KST's
HARLEY 28 SPOKE CHROME WHEELS
Custom Dynamics Dynamic Ringz Magic Strobe-LTP
WHAT' S Next
Darkside
Ecsta PA31
195/60/16

Glenncarp

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2017, 12:03:09 PM »

Well I was playing around yesterday trying to get a few different routes built with google maps then ran thru GPS visualizer they all went into the saved folder. I was still able to delete them. But in the past when I did the same thing with bigger routes I was not able to delete and had to do the factory reset.
Now like I posted yesterday I took them same files that I ran thru GPS visualizer and simply opened them with TYRE checked the route and saved with Tyre as GPX copied to my USB went to the bike imported and they went in to the trips folder and ran correctly on the bike.

I will have to do the factory reset.

I too did what you did with Google maps and GPS visualizer, but the route I created did not import, just point A to pint B in Tyre

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 24 queries.