Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2002 super glide  (Read 1289 times)

Jdshammer1

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY

2002 super glide
« on: July 10, 2017, 04:00:08 PM »

My 2002 super glide flashes the signal lights 6 times when turning key off . No codes are stored and bike runs fine any help on why this happens

Yellow09SERG

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 YELLOW!!
Re: 2002 super glide
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2017, 10:32:14 AM »

The alarm system on the 2002....is it set automatically or does it have to be armed with a button on the key fob?
Most great stores start with a bad decision

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2017, 10:42:33 AM »

The alarm system on the 2002....is it set automatically or does it have to be armed with a button on the key fob?

It's manually armed on an 02. 

Six flashes is a TSM/TSSM code.  Very likely something simple too.  If the bike does not have an alarm system first thing to do is make sure all the bulbs are good.  If the bike does have an alarm (and all the bulbs are good) find the siren module and replace the 9v battery inside of it.

These things might not be your problem.  But they might be too.  Probably the more likely culprits at that.  Certainly the easier and cheaper things to try.  If you were to check for codes you want to look in the TSM/TSSM section.

Yellow09SERG

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 YELLOW!!
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2017, 10:53:07 AM »

Thanks Don, maybe that will help him out. Couldn't remember for sure on the older bikes. Times I sure miss my old FXDXT
Most great stores start with a bad decision

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2017, 02:09:02 PM »

Thanks Don, maybe that will help him out. Couldn't remember for sure on the older bikes. Times I sure miss my old FXDXT

Amen to that.  Just last night I stumbled across what may be the only picture that exists of an old 1983 (if I remember right) FXRT I had about 30 years ago.  It was the first bike I ever had that was actually intended to be longer distance cruiser to knock out days on the highway.  Not the first one I treated that way of course; just the first one I ever had actually intended for the duty.  ;D

Could be wrong but it's likely either a light bulb or a 9v battery solves this gent's issues.  Will keep my finger crossed it's that simple for him.

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 20 queries.