Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Bikes starting to arrive  (Read 7584 times)

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
Re: Bikes starting to arrive
« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2007, 09:29:05 PM »

I bet they could have gotten him a bike but maybe not at MSRP or in a timely manor ...we are doing both and would also like to do his upgrades ...it just seems fair.

Bubba
Bubba,
I agree, as the selling dealership, you should get first crack at doing his add-ons.  But, the reality is that you're so far away from him for normal maintenance that he has to feel out his local dealers, cuz they're the ones he's going to be going to for most of the service, until he relocates.  Just my thoughts. 8)
Cheers :2vrolijk_21:,
Red

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

KentuckyHarleyDude

• Banned
  • Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2007, 09:33:54 PM »

Bubba,
I agree, as the selling dealership, you should get first crack at doing his add-ons.  But, the reality is that you're so far away from him
Red

Red we wernt to far for him to travel to buy the bike ...as for warranty any dealer gets paid to do warranty work no matter were the bike was purchased ...if a Harley dealer refuses to work on a bike under warranty (and some have) all you have to do is call Harley ...it will get worked on if it falls under warranty.

Bubba
" Why Johnny Ringo ...you look like somone just ..walked across your grave"

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2007, 09:41:13 PM »

Red we wernt to far for him to travel to buy the bike ...as for warranty any dealer gets paid to do warranty work no matter were the bike was purchased ...if a Harley dealer refuses to work on a bike under warranty (and some have) all you have to do is call Harley ...it will get worked on if it falls under warranty.

Bubba

Yeah, but he wasn't gonna do that work anyway because he was concerned about w.....ty. He's going to service the bike locally and have a relationship with a local dealer. So if they do those things, he won't have to worry about it. This is between you guys. I'm steppin' out. ;)  Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2007, 09:55:07 PM »

Bubba
It's all about relationships. I believe he said he was going to get some accessories from you to me that would be expressing gratitude. I believe like the other members here have stated to show good faith and to keep a good relationship w/dealer that he's going to have bike serviced w/it may help to purchase some accessories with them also.

You stated that your dealership wasn't to far for him to come get the bike, and his other dealership could have gotten him a bike which is not always true. The amount of CVO bikes are alloted/awarded to dealerships on their Bar & Shield rating (among other things). Some dealers get more, some get less. If a particular dealer lets customers sign up/reserve bikes on a first come first serve basis its not hard for them to run out. You may be able to get put on a list, but that's no guarantee. I was in a similar situation w/my local dealer when I wanted to purchase my bike, he'd already had all of his allotment committed/spoken for, but he could put me on the list if somebody backed out. I found a dealer several hundred miles away that hadn't had all his allotment spoken for and was able to get it at the same price my local dealer could get it for (MSRP). I called my local dealer and spoke to the owner and told him this, and explained to him that I didn't want any hard feelings, and he was totally understanding and advised me to go for it since he couldn't promise me a bike. I purchased some accessories from the selling dealer (King tourpak, w/all related docking hardware), but any mods that were done to the motor (exhaust, SERT, SE Breather, Dyno) I had them done w/my local dealer.

I wonder if someone came into your store's service department w/their new bike with an issue not related to warranty, but due to improper installation would they cover it. I think not, but if you bring it back to the dealership that installed it (in this case your local dealership) most of them will make it right because it's on them.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

KentuckyHarleyDude

• Banned
  • Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2007, 10:02:39 PM »

Yeah, but he wasn't gonna do that work anyway because he was concerned about w.....ty. He's going to service the bike locally and have a relationship with a local dealer. So if they do those things, he won't have to worry about it. This is between you guys. I'm steppin' out. ;)  Hoist! 8)

Hoist Im not real concerned about it ...Ive talked enough to John to know he will do whats fair ...he is in the "business" and understands what I am saying. This is not directed at John but I must say that I find it some what perplexing when I hear of a guy traveling hundereds of miles to save 500 to a $1000 because his local dealer is asking a premium price for the bike he wants ...but then he will go back to that same dealer who he could not buy from and spend all his "bling bling" money there .... just seems to me like a contradiction ...he wants to establish a "relationship"with his local dealer but will sell him out over $500.00 on a $30000.00 bike ....yep I find that to be a contradiction JMHO .... now I KNOW someone will say that "hey my local dealer did not have a bike OR they could not get me one" and thats understandable why they might go elsewhere to buy a bike ....but I know and have read on here to many times to count how NO ONE wants to pay over MSRP and will go miles and miles away from his local dealer to buy a bike AT MSRP rather then pay thier local dealer a premium for the same bike...is that establishing that ALL precious "relationship" your talking about ...seems as long as the dealer is the one giving then a relationship can be established....in a case like that if your going to take advatage of a dealer who offers a fair price on his bikes then at least give him the oppurtunity to make a little on the bling bling ..whats fair is fair ..its not been that long ago that dealers would not sell thier bikes outside of their P&A just because of this very reason ...once you sell a bike from out of town you generally never see it or the customer again ...no service work ..no trade ins ...no bling bling $$$..no referals ...no repete business ...thats not so much the case now days on general stock but with a CVO we can get MSRP anytime ..why sell it to someone out of our area if he or she does not plan on spending the bling bling $$$ with the selling dealer ... if not why sell it to someone out of town?

Bubba
« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 02:08:43 PM by KentuckyHarleyDude »

KentuckyHarleyDude

• Banned
  • Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2007, 10:13:18 PM »

I wonder if someone came into your store's service department w/their new bike with an issue not related to warranty, but due to improper installation would they cover it. I think not, but if you bring it back to the dealership that installed it (in this case your local dealership) most of them will make it right because it's on them.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

dOOD I respect your view but I disagree with part of what you said ...sure if someone came to our service department with a dealer installed option that he had purchased from one of our competitors we would most likely ask him to take it back to their shop seeing is that is where he bought it and they are responsable for the work (even if under warranty) ....Im sure most dealers would want to fix something they has screwd up on.... "relationships" remember .....however if we had a traveler come through Paducah Ky and had a problem with a dealer installed option we would in most cases honor the warranty ...I had it happen on a 2005 Ultra I owned with heated grips ...I bought the bike in Nashville and when I got back to Alabama the grips were not working ..I took it to my local dealer and they called Nashville to make sure they had been installed before the bike had been deliverd to the original owner ..when they confirmed that then the dealer fixed them under warranty.

Bubba
« Last Edit: February 24, 2007, 10:16:58 PM by KentuckyHarleyDude »

SilverDawg

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2007, 10:25:48 PM »

Wow,

I step away to watch a movie and this thread gets real exciting :D

Let me make it real easy....If I do any mods at delivery  (which it sounds like y'all say I should!) then I would let my selling dealer (Four Rivers) do them.  If I decided to wait (for the break-in or 1,000 miles) then I would probably get it done locally.  Bubba has a great offer out there not only on the price, but also on some discounts for accessories (which by the way, none of the Texas dealers offer).  What I would be adding for engine mods ( V&H slip ons, A/C and the SERT #84 map) should not be a problem for any issues that may arise.

I appreciate all the thoughts and comments, and I guess I need to really consider doing these at delivery based on what you have stated and reading some of the other threads. 

But please, let's not start any drama.  I'm just buying a bike ;D

BTW, I have already started my list of other adds in addition to the above.   This s*** gets expensive real quick!!
2008 FLHTCU Candy Red Sunglo -ABS/Security/SERT/V&H ovals
2008 FXCWC - Pacific Blue Pearl Deluxe-SOLD

The poster formally known as Cobaltman...

"As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say.  I just watch what they do." - Andrew Carnegie

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2007, 10:34:49 PM »

Wow,

I step away to watch a movie and this thread gets real exciting :D

Let me make it real easy....If I do any mods at delivery  (which it sounds like y'all say I should!) then I would let my selling dealer (Four Rivers) do them.  If I decided to wait (for the break-in or 1,000 miles) then I would probably get it done locally.  Bubba has a great offer out there not only on the price, but also on some discounts for accessories (which by the way, none of the Texas dealers offer).  What I would be adding for engine mods ( V&H slip ons, A/C and the SERT #84 map) should not be a problem for any issues that may arise.

I appreciate all the thoughts and comments, and I guess I need to really consider doing these at delivery based on what you have stated and reading some of the other threads. 

But please, let's not start any drama.  I'm just buying a bike ;D

BTW, I have already started my list of other adds in addition to the above.   This s*** gets expensive real quick!!
CB,
Not trying to start any flaming wars here...was just stating my opinion...You are the one that has to be happy with what you do.  ;)  And by the way, you not just "buying a bike", you're getting an SEUC!!   ;D
Red

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

SilverDawg

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2007, 10:39:41 PM »

CB,
Not trying to start any flaming wars here...was just stating my opinion...You are the one that has to be happy with what you do.  ;)  And by the way, you not just "buying a bike", you're getting an SEUC!!   ;D
Red

Sorry Red,

I stand corrected :D  Must have lost my focus for a second.  Must have been that third cocktail :drink:
2008 FLHTCU Candy Red Sunglo -ABS/Security/SERT/V&H ovals
2008 FXCWC - Pacific Blue Pearl Deluxe-SOLD

The poster formally known as Cobaltman...

"As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say.  I just watch what they do." - Andrew Carnegie

rubaga

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2010 SESG
    • CVO2: 08 SERK Anniversary
« Reply #54 on: February 25, 2007, 02:12:06 PM »

Bubba

Thanks for posting this update. Just came accross it.  I hope my bike is now shipped.  My dealer just told me that it was produced before the strike but got delayed with shipping.

All the best!

KentuckyHarleyDude

• Banned
  • Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #55 on: February 25, 2007, 02:17:02 PM »

Bubba

Thanks for posting this update. Just came accross it.  I hope my bike is now shipped.  My dealer just told me that it was produced before the strike but got delayed with shipping.

All the best!

My pleasure Rub ....good luck with your new ride ..and ride safe!

Bubba

bisounours

• 5k CVO Member
  • First miles the 6th February 2008

« Reply #56 on: February 25, 2007, 02:37:54 PM »

Bubba

All the best!

4 to 5 weeks for the travel and it arrive !  :2vrolijk_21:

Jacques
********2007 FLHTCUSE2 Red/Black**********
  SE RYO A/C and KN filter, V&H dressers duals and
          oval, TM/AT map#364, SE 251 cams.
     2008 FLHTCUSE3, White Frost and Silver Mist
              (Casper) -> 6th February 2008
             SE 251 cams/Torrington bearings,
      SE pushrods, SE High compression pistons,
             A/C Big sucker, V&H dresser duals ,
             Fullsac baffles, SE Pro Super Tuner.
2011 FLHXSE2, Stage1

rubaga

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2010 SESG
    • CVO2: 08 SERK Anniversary
« Reply #57 on: February 25, 2007, 03:18:52 PM »

4 to 5 weeks for the travel and it arrive !  :2vrolijk_21:

Jacques

...in Europe. For us add anothe 3. About 8 weeks the dealer said.

Anyway, its another 5 before we can drive and then I still have my SE Fatboy! Not the langhaul but good for driving around city.

Thanks Jacques for support!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.207 seconds with 24 queries.