Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Dumb mistakes that waste two hours  (Read 4978 times)

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
Re: Dumb mistakes that waste two hours
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2007, 10:21:40 AM »

I was riding in the other night and when I got to my house I hit the switch to open the garage door (the stock one that comes on the SEUC) and my bike just dies. Freaked me out until I realized I had hit the kill switch on the right instead of the high/low beam on the left!  :rolleyes4:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2007, 04:40:57 PM »

Sound like you had a good one on one time there. Maybe he just wanted to see how far this could go. Remember those big white horn buttons you would see hose clamped to the steering column on some old rods? Maybe that would help him out. Just kidding, we all make a mistake like that once in a while. :'(

Actually.......  Now I know what I'm getting him for his birthday in a couple months.

Thanks  :2vrolijk_21: !

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2007, 04:43:11 PM »

I was riding in the other night and when I got to my house I hit the switch to open the garage door (the stock one that comes on the SEUC) and my bike just dies. Freaked me out until I realized I had hit the kill switch on the right instead of the high/low beam on the left!  :rolleyes4:

I love stuff like this.  No matter how smart, how accomplished, how well practiced; we still get to laugh at our own bonehead stuff and enjoy it with everyone else.  Thank god there aren't any (or at least so few) pinheads that are members here that wouldn't think doing something stupid is also funny  :pepper: .

altugo

• 1K CVO Member
  • Screw it let's ride!

• CVO1: FLSTFSE2 nebula yellow/ cobalt blue
    • CVO2: FLTRSE3 yellow pearl / charcoal slate
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2007, 07:22:17 PM »

LOL :drink:
Ridin Legend

PHAZE

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: '05 SEEG/'06 CUSE/'07 SERK/'09 SERG (ALL SOLD)
    • CVO2: '09 CVO Fat Bob Black Diamond/Fire Quartz (SOLD)
    • CVO3: '11.5 CVO Ultra Classic Twilight Blue/Candy Cobalt
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2007, 08:34:22 PM »

One day I was riding with a couple of friends when one of them pulled over.  He complained about how much noise he was getting from his bike.  He didn't know what it was, but it was really creating a lot of noise.  He was looking around and just seemed to be baffled about the noise.  He has a Road King Classic and I noticed that he was riding without his windshield.  I asked him if he had ever ridden without his windshield before and he wasn't sure if he had.  The noise was just the air flowing over and through (maybe between) his ears.

SEULTRA

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's all about riding ...
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2007, 09:23:47 PM »

Thanks!! Had a great laugh that I shared with my wife.... ahhhhhhhh spring riding!!

CVOwner

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2007, 11:44:23 AM »

And I thought it was only me doing stupid chit like that. My favorite is the garage door opener, I hit the kill switch all the time! ::)
2004 SEEG Orange/Black
When all is said and done, there'll be more said, then done!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2007, 11:54:22 AM »

And I thought it was only me doing stupid chit like that. My favorite is the garage door opener, I hit the kill switch all the time! ::)

Ok, I really never have done that way. 

(but I've certainly tooted the air horn while the neighbors were asleep in the wee hours a few times  ::) )

CAFatBoy2006SE

• Full CVO Member
  • CVO OCD

• CVO1: FLSTFSE2
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2007, 01:43:43 PM »

This is too funny. I have been there and done that before. I know your pain! Cheers!

2006 Screamin’ Eagle Fat Boy
Vance & Hines Big Shots Staggered
18" Drag Specialties Big Buffalo 1.5" Ape Hanger
Custom Mirrors
Eliminator® LED Turn/Brake License Plate Frame
Legend Air Ride
Kuryakyn Lizard Maximus LED Kit
Adjure Diamond Cut Trillient Headlamp & Spots w/ Blue Dots
Nacelle Kit

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2007, 09:19:48 PM »

This is too funny. I have been there and done that before. I know your pain! Cheers!

Pain?  No pain!  The stupid chit is just the excuse needed to make the buddies buy your beers....

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2007, 08:49:29 AM »

I feel Twolane and TC's pain...I leave the house for work aroung 5:15am when I'm riding in, and I've had to stop using turn signals in the neighborhood, cuz I was waking too many of them up...Here I'm trying to be quiet with the pipes and then I get up to the stinking corner and hit the horn instead of the turn signal button!!! :o
Cheers :2vrolijk_21:,
  :devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2007, 08:59:44 AM »

A local band was playing at a biker's club house once. Three of the four band members works for me. how can I not go? It was a Sunday afternoon gig. We ride to the clubhouse with JestorDecor on the back. We get there and there's like 200 bikers all standing around outside around a gravel parking lot. I pull in on the bagger with the Mrs and the TP full. Everyone's eyes are on the new bikes landing. I stop, put my foot down, but let the bike get overbalanced slightly. I start pulling it back upright, but, it's getting heavier. I grunt, pull, tug, with EVERY bit of energy I had to fully upright the bike. I don't think anyone noticed, but how embaressing would it be to pull up to the crowd, stop, and fall over?
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2007, 09:16:09 AM »

Here's a happening that shows off my extreme mechanical ability. I'd just bought the SEUC last summer. Of course, like everyone else, I had to change the slip-ons. I didn't know about this site at the time, so, LOTS of information I have now, I didn't have then. Of course the dealer's salesman feeds a ling of BS. CAN'T change the exhaust. It'll void warranty. It WILL burn the engine up. EPA, Noise, Warranty. The bike just didn't sound like a Harley. Within two days, I'd met another CVO owner who is a motorhead. He says BULLchit. Yes, it could possibly overheat, but WATCH the plugs. He even sold me this set of V&H slip ons for like $100. I get home and call one of my buddies to help me with the slip ons. Several people had told me to get a good mental picture of the plugs. If it is overheating, the plugs will discolor and you'll know it before doing major damage. JesterDecor heard all of this and she's freaking out thinking I'm going to blow up this new $35,000 bike. SO, I procede cautiously. We pull the plugs to get a good mental picture, and start removing the stock slip ons. Within 45 minutes or so, We have the V&H slip ons installed and I'm anxious to hear it. I hit the starter, and it sounds awful! Sounds terrible! Runs like chit. That's unbelievable! Maybe the sales guy is right? Just hope I didn't ruin the engine already! We take the V&H's back off and re-install the originals. Hit the starter, and DAMIT. It's STILL awful. I can't beleive it! Brand new bike and it's ruined! My heart sank. Then my buddy asks--YOU did put that plug wire back on didn't ya?

Well kiss my ass. Grab a beer just as the women head out to check on the progress. How's it coming? OH, it's going great, We're half finished!
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2007, 12:28:59 PM »

Well kiss my ass. Grab a beer just as the women head out to check on the progress. How's it coming? OH, it's going great, We're half finished!

Outstanding!  If everyone who'd ever fired an engine with a plug wire (or a whole bank of plug wires) still off suddenly raised their hands this room would be full of arm pit B.O.  Here's my favorite stupid stunt recently HB.

When putting in the HID headlights a few weeks back had everything all in.  Left the outer trim ring off so I could adjust the light assembly though.  Rode the bike around the neighborhood at like midnight.  Stopping two or three times to tweak the admustment one way or the other a little bit. 

After having covered a few blocks doing this pull it back in to the garage and climb off the bike.  Then nearly soil my drawers as I see the leather front fender cover still on the bike.  Edges of it rolled up inside the fender.  Thank god it didn't get pulled up inside there and just rip the fender off the legs.  But it did do a beautiful job of polishing the ouside lip of the rim.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2007, 01:19:50 PM »

Good one Don, actually a few good ones.

My latest was changing out the battery on the Dyna yesterday.  Never done one so this battery cover must just pull off, mmmmmm, a few...10 minutes later it's off and I get to looking and see the nut that lowers the battery box. 

Wow, that would have made it easier to get the cover off.  Anyway after a few interuptions and 30 minutes of dicking around I got the thing out and another 20 or so getting the new Interstate Universal post BS hooked up I had it. 

Man all that time to do what now would take about 20 minutes.  All with box wrenches, I guess it would have been better at thome with the manual and correct tools.  Live and learn.....re-learn.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.173 seconds with 25 queries.