Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Zumo 660 questions  (Read 835 times)

danner55

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHTCUSE6 Big Red "Izzy"
    • CVO2: 1989 FLT TOUR GLIDE CLASSIC
    • CVO3: 1997 Heritage Springer Softail
Zumo 660 questions
« on: August 25, 2017, 10:27:32 AM »

I'm going to update my Zumo 660 with the latest maps.

I talked to Garmin support & they said to update the Harley Davidson dealers I would need to go to Harley for it. Does anyone know where I can get the info to update the HD dealers?

Also Garmin say to use an 8 or 16 gb SD card. Any thought on this?

Thanks, Danner
IBA #63514
If you can't run with the big dogs stay home on the porch!

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
Re: Zumo 660 questions
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2017, 10:41:10 AM »

a quick google search for Harley dealer poi gave me this:  http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=5068  updated as of nov 2016.

yes, you'll want to use an sd card.  as the maps get bigger, they won't fit on your internal memory, so you'll definitely want to use one.  I use a 32g card, that way I can also load a bunch of mp3s to listen to as well.

(edit- not sure what happened above, I had included the link for the poi factory hd dealer download that had been updated in aug 2017.  not sure why it left the garmin download that hasn't been updated since nov 2016.  but anyways, here's the link to the poi factory download: http://www.poi-factory.com/node/1995)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 02:17:02 PM by skratch »
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

92fxsts

• Junior CVO Member
    • MD

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE...sold
    • CVO2: 2009 FLHTCUSE...sold
    • CVO3: 2015 FLHTKSE
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2017, 01:38:19 PM »

I used to have a 660 (RoadTech) same unit but HD version.  I got my dealer poi from the Garmin link above, but I use the Garmin Express program to update the maps and GPS software.  The GPS is connected to the computer and Express checks for the latest software and maps and does the update online.  An SD card in the GPS is wise as stated for the large overflow files.

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2017, 01:45:52 PM »

The Garmin Express deal is the best going. Just hook 660 to computer with USB and it will check and download the latest software/maps available. I do mine about 4 times a year. Sometimes it takes an hour or so but the Express will do it automatically, it tells you when you can leave the computer and go about your business, return when complete and disconnect.
The dealer update is not updated as regular as the maps and I could only figure out how to update it thru the same link as listed above.

Page created in 0.104 seconds with 24 queries.