Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Why CVO????  (Read 8703 times)

CVOwner

• 1K CVO Member
Re: Why CVO????
« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2007, 11:18:26 AM »

What did you do to the 5K paint job that was on it?   :nervous: Please tell me you bought new tins? 

Welcome to the club. 

My thought exactly. I'll be the didnt though, Oh well, its a free country. Enjoy, rmarion, welcome to the site.
2004 SEEG Orange/Black
When all is said and done, there'll be more said, then done!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2007, 01:55:58 PM »

Hoist,

that aint any old boring balck paint job you got there.............. its got personality  :2vrolijk_21:

You're right about that Neal. But it's still a black Harley! I got all excited when the first SERK hit. Damn, color not for me. Then they were doing SER2. Again colors not for me. Then the '07s and I heard they were finally doing Black. I hadn't seen it or had a clue on any specs, but knew I better get in on one. Then I saw the specs and pictures of it and I went on a mission to secure one. Then I finally secured an order for one, and found this site at the same time. Some things are just meant to be. Now I got the Ultimate Hot Rod Road King, and a new family of friends at the same time! Who's got it better than me-no one! ;) Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #47 on: March 09, 2007, 02:05:49 PM »

You're right about that Neal. But it's still a black Harley! I got all excited when the first SERK hit. Damn, color not for me. Then they were doing SER2. Again colors not for me. Then the '07s and I heard they were finally doing Black. I hadn't seen it or had a clue on any specs, but knew I better get in on one. Then I saw the specs and pictures of it and I went on a mission to secure one. Then I finally secured an order for one, and found this site at the same time. Some things are just meant to be. Now I got the Ultimate Hot Rod Road King, and a new family of friends at the same time! Who's got it better than me-no one! ;) Hoist! 8)

Hey Howie,
I got it good too. ;D,
 :2vrolijk_21:,
Red

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #48 on: March 09, 2007, 02:09:29 PM »

Hey Howie,
I got it good too. ;D,
 :2vrolijk_21:,
Red

Hey Red, Most of us probably feel the same. I speak for me, that's why I use that term. But I'm pretty sure that most of us here can use that term too! ;) Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #49 on: March 09, 2007, 02:18:22 PM »

Hey Red, Most of us probably feel the same. I speak for me, that's why I use that term. But I'm pretty sure that most of us here can use that term too! ;) Hoist! 8)
Ya got that right Bro ;).  It doesn't get any better than this. :orange: (Except when I'm riding)
Cheers :2vrolijk_21:,
Red

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #50 on: March 09, 2007, 02:27:35 PM »

Ya got that right Bro ;).  It doesn't get any better than this. :orange: (Except when I'm riding)
Cheers :2vrolijk_21:,
Red

That goes without saying. After all, that's what it's all about! For some, it's about a trophy in their garage. Those aren't the one's to whom this speaks. For us, it's all spelled out in my signature! ;) Hoist! 8)

07 CVO

• Elite CVO Member
  • SCREAMIN EAGLE!! Top of the Food chain!

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2
« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2007, 01:00:20 AM »

My story is a little different than most on the site. I owned an 03 Gun metal Pearl Dyna Low Rider which I loved and had some mods done too in whichis was very happy with. Then the wife and I went to visit my parents last fall and rented an 06 Ultra that my wife fell in love with the comfort and all the cool electronics. So she started talking about getting a bigger bike that would be more comfortable for her to ride on the back of. The only thing she didn't like about the Ultra was the lack of performance compared to my Dyna. So I called the local dealer and asked if they would be getting in any 07 SEUC's that were not spoken for,and the saleman said we have one in right NOW. So the wife and I stopped by "just to look" yeah right!! I asked if we could take her out for a test ride and before we even got back my wife wispered in my ear saying that "we are getting one of these" And after talking with the sales manager the next moring the bike was mine. Everything we both wanted looks/power/electronics and one AWESOME machine!

Mark
2007 FLHTCUSE2 Black and Orange
SE A/C, SERT, Samson Caliber True Duels
2006 Honda CBR 1000RR (SOLD)
2008 VW R32 #3719/5000 United Grey
2008 VW GTI

Big Al

• If not now, when?
  • Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

• CVO1: 2002 FLHRSEI
    • CVO2: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO3: 2024 RA1250SE
    • T. Allan Hamilton
« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2007, 06:56:04 AM »

You would think one of these bikes would have all the mods you would ever want. That doesn't last too long, we all want to be a little different or unique. But they are great looking machines.

Pretty much my thinking.  What a great place to start.... :mango:
Big Al
1999 FLHTCU/I w. Hack (Kaz' ride)- Sold
2006 FLHTCUSE- Hit a deer- Written off
2013 Tri-glide- Sold
2012 BMW K1600GTL- Commuter
2016 FLTRU Road Glide Ultra Limited- Sold
2024 RA1250-SE- CVO Pan America

JW

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2007, 07:36:05 AM »

I'm struck by how many of us had this gut/visceral reaction, "had to have it", reaction to our CVO's.  I just havent experienced that kind of reaction to a material thing very many times in my life.  Its seems we are all on the same wavelength.  Maybe thats what makes this such a great site, I dont know. Like the experience of Mark and his wife and others, it just all comes together on alot of different levels.  I think the sales manager at the dealership I bought my bike from thought I was a little wacked when I asked him "can you love a bike", but I see Im not alone.

2005 Cherry SEEG-

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2007, 08:32:19 AM »

In 2003, my husband was riding his beloved '98 95th anniversary road king and lovin it and I was riding a 1500 Suzuki Intruder.  After awhile, I think he simply got cc envy and he hated that I was riding a bigger bike than he.  Some friends told us at a HOG meeting that they had seen the best looking pair of bikes in their lives at a PA HD shop, a SE deuce and a SEEG, blue and black, every piece of chrome you could ever think of, a 103 engine ........... Well that night, Jamey got on the HD website and then the search began. He called every dealership he could think of on the East coast - from Maine to Florida, starting moving westerly got as far West as Texas and Ohio and I forget where all, then I remembered a brand new dealership in Colonial Heights, VA.  It is where we now live, but then we were 96 miles further North.  And guess what - they would sell to folks less than 100 miles away - in those days for MSRP.  They had a BnB SEEG that someone ordered, then was waffling on when it got delivered.  Got a head cold or something next day to blow off work, and we drove down to purchase the fantastic SEEG for him.  Well he was in lust - love over that bike.  He would so obviously enjoy every moment on it.

That left us with the dilemma of having a third bike, and a small garage at the time, so either the HD or the Suzuki had to go.  I could not even pull the Road King to an upright position so the thought of riding it was out of the question, but Jamey put two 2x4s under my feet and I could pull it up.  So he took the road king in and told them to lower it two inches - they did, the Suzuki got sold and I was riding my first HD - a gorgeous 95th anniversary road king.  Love the heck out of it.

Then my silly husband used to do silly things, like blare his stereo real loud to tease me that I did not have tunes on my bike.  Then he would ride down the road moving his right hand in the wind to tease me cause he had cruise control and I didn't.  He would take off like a bat out of h$ll and leave me behind in his dust and just laugh and laugh.  Then he sent me emails of pictures of the new Candy Cherry SEEG that was coming out for 2005.  Then he started hinting at getting me a new ring for our 20th anniversary.  We walked into the HD shop one night and there on the floor -------- the 2005, Two Tone Candy Cherry SEEG!  Oh my.  I felt like I may be having a heart attack.  My breathing got so rapid, my heart pounded in my chest, tears came to my eyes, a few beads of sweat popped out on my forehead. 

Well, a few hours later I told the love of my life, that if he truly wanted to buy me an anniversary present that I would love forever, save his dollars on a ring - I have tons of jewelry and it is not really my thing.  But if he wanted to truly give me a ring, what I would rather have is a key ring to a bike just like his. 

Candy now rides a 2005 SEEG and Jamey still has his 2004 SEEG and we are a two CVO family.  We both absolutely love our bikes, love riding them, puff up with pride when folks admire them.  That's our story. 
« Last Edit: March 11, 2007, 09:05:13 AM by Mrs.WeCVO »

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2007, 08:39:31 AM »

Who would not love - lust after a bike like this? 

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2007, 09:04:23 AM »

Beautiful bikes Mrs.WeCVO!

Here's my story. I rode a Kawasaki and a Yamaha whenever I was in my 20's. After having two kiddos I started thinking about what would happen to them if I crashed. I sold the bike. I got divorced in 2000 and after figuring out I wasn't flat broke after getting the D settled, I bought a 2003 Honda VTX1300. Biggest bike I'd ever dreamed of riding. Everyone thought I was going thru my 2nd childhood. They were wrong, it was my 3rd childhood. I rode that 1300 to KeyWest a month after buying it, and loved it. I took my sweetheart with me. The ride thru the keys was awesome! I started riding with a new friend here who had a 2005 SEEG with the 103 engine. His bike was beautiful! After riding with him I decided it was time for a Harley. I wanted a UC, but settled for a 2006 EG. We loved the stereo (wife is a music nut like me) and the sound of the Harley. 2 weeks after buying that 06 we went back to the dealership for a T-shirt. There on the floor was a 2005 UC chromed out, Stage one kit, nice exhaust solid black. I asked the salesman. "I'm really not interested but, what are you asking? Wow! Cheap! OH, it's used? WHO trades in a bike with 850 miles? An hour later we rode out on that bike. I traded in the 06 for the 05 and I only had 750 miles on it. My buddy with the 103 was constantly ragging me about his bigger engine. SO, I started looking for a harley with a 104 engine. They don't make a 104, so, when the 07 CVO came out with the 110, THAT was me! When I bought the Honda I gave $8500 for it, and wondered if I was crazy spending that much. All of you know what the SEUC sells for, and it ain't cheap. I have no regrets and This bike is a keeper! Besides, if I got rid of it, I couldn't post on this web site no mo!
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

twojay

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2007, 10:02:05 AM »

In 2003, my husband was riding his beloved '98 95th anniversary road king and lovin it and I was riding a 1500 Suzuki Intruder.  After awhile, I think he simply got cc envy and he hated that I was riding a bigger bike than he.  Some friends told us at a HOG meeting that they had seen the best looking pair of bikes in their lives at a PA HD shop, a SE deuce and a SEEG, blue and black, every piece of chrome you could ever think of, a 103 engine ........... Well that night, Jamey got on the HD website and then the search began. He called every dealership he could think of on the East coast - from Maine to Florida, starting moving westerly got as far West as Texas and Ohio and I forget where all, then I remembered a brand new dealership in Colonial Heights, VA.  It is where we now lived but then we were 96 miles further North.  And guess what - they would sell to folks less than 100 miles away - in those days for MSRP.  They had a BnB SEEG that someone ordered than was waffling on when it got delivered.  Got a head cold or something next day and we drove down to purchase the fantastic SEEG for him.  Well he was in lust - love over that bike.  He would so obviously enjoy every moment on it.

That left us with the dilemma of having a third bike, and a small garage at the time, so either the HD or the Suzuki had to go.  I could not even pull the Road King to an upright position so the thought of riding it was out of the question, but Jamey put two 2x4s under my feet and I could pull it up.  So he took the road king in and told them to lower it two inches - they did, the Suzuki got sold and I was riding my first HD - a gorgeous 95th anniversary road king.  Love the heck out of it.

Then my silly husband used to do silly things, like blare his stereo real loud to tease me that I did not have tunes on my bike.  Then he would ride down the road moving his right hand in the wind to tease me cause he had cruise control and I didn't.  He would take off like a bat out of h$ll and leave me behind in his dust and just laugh and laugh.  Then he sent me emails of pictures of the new Candy Cherry SEEG that was coming out for 2005.  Then he started hinting at getting me a new ring for our 20th anniversary.  We walked into the HD shop one night and there on the floor -------- the 2005, Two Tone Candy Cherry SEEG!  Oh my.  I felt like I may be having a heart attack.  My breathing got so rapid, my heart pounded in my chest, tears came to my eyes, a few beads of sweat popped out on my forehead. 

Well, a few hours later I told the love of my life, that if he truly wanted to buy me an anniversary present that I would love forever, save his dollars on a ring - I have tons of jewelry and it is not really my thing.  But if he wanted to truly give me a ring, what I would rather have is a key ring to a bike just like his. 

Candy now rides a 2005 SEEG and Jamey still has his 2004 SEEG and we are a two CVO family.  We both absolutely love our bikes, love riding them, puff up with pride when folks admire them.  That's our story. 

Mrs.WeCVO, Beautiful bikes and a really sweet story. Hope you have many more anniversaries and all the chrome and happiness that you surely deserve. My best, jj.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #58 on: March 11, 2007, 10:53:13 AM »

I had taken a 21 year break from riding, as the then wife did not really care much for it, career development got in the way, other hobbies/passions were explored.  Got divorced 3 1/2 years ago after 24 years of what was basically a very good marriage that grew apart in the end.  I had never really lost my love of riding, and would go look at bikes off and on, but could never afford what I really wanted...a HD, so just did without.  Dated a few people and finally met Suzanne (aka, HarleyDiva)...she had never ridden, other than a couple of times on the back of a bike when she was a little girl.  Shortly after we met, I mentioned my past riding experience and all the great fun it was, and how I would love to have another bike one of these days.  Suzanne, being an adventurous spirit, encouraged the growing seed I had planted, so we began looking at HD's back last January, knowing at the time I could not afford one after struggling financially after the divorce.  Some things were changing for me at work, and I saw a way to afford a bike by April of last year, so in early March we began looking in earnest...had all but settled on getting a Street Glide, but in my research I knew there were many things I would end up doing to it before I would be satisfied...obviously more chrome, but also a 95 kit, pipes, seat, etc.  Then one Saturday in March, we happened by the local dealer and there sat a brand new Haze on the floor...I didn't even know what a Screamin' Eagle CVO bike was at the time, but once I sat on the bike, and Suzanne got on the back, we both knew this was THE one, though I was unsure of the color choices.  So began my several day research process to learn all I could about CVO bikes and what they offered over all others.  After figuring out that the bike came with all the bling I wanted on a bike from the factory (hahahahaha), and looking at pictures of the color choices, we decided on the Black Candy Crimson/Slate.  Then it was a process of finding  a dealer who would sell me one at MSRP, without the 4K markup they were getting around here, plus the timing had to be early May because of my financial situation and the changes happening there in April.  Finally located a dealer, Mobile Bay HD, who had a bike coming in mid May, my color, and for MSRP + the usual fees, plus would take a 500 dollar deposit rather than the normal 1K.  So, put the deposit down over the phone and began the wait.  Found this site and began lurking a bit, then joined, so I could learn as much as possible.  When I am passionate about something, my mind can be like a sponge, soaking up information, and then trying to understand what I am learning.  The people here on the site were "different" from some of the other sites I had visited...more knowledgable, nicer, and seemed to have the same kind of passion about their bikes as I knew I would.  Figured out the basic mods I wanted for the bike prior to delivery by asking a few questions and reading a whole lot, so had all that added to the price.  Meanwhile, I had located my Ducati, another bike I had always wanted, on E-bay...the price was cheap enough, and I figured it would be a good way to hone my old skills before swinging my leg over what was fast becoming a 35K bike.  That was a good move, as the Duc allowed me to get the "feel" back for riding, and I soon discovered that I had retained my ability to ride safely, handle curves, braking properly, etc. 

Finally, my SEUC arrived at the end of May, and we drove down to Mobile to trailer her back to Montgomery, AL so I could ride the 100 miles back to Birmingham to do the initial break-in.  I could not believe how nimble this big, heavy bike was when riding!!  Someone here asked if it is possible to "love" a bike...well, it was love at first ride for me!  Well, 9 months later, 11K miles, another 3 or 4K in seats, pipes, bars, shocks, etc, I am more in love with this bike than ever.  I have spent a lot of time and money making this bike "fit" me, which I knew beforehand was going to be a process.  I'm just about there...have new wheels, brakes, rotors coming, and will soon be putting some goodies in to make her run stronger and smoother. 

The process for me has now turned into seeing the bike as a moving piece of Art, and I am doing a few things to make it unique to my tastes, attempting to blend the existing elements of the bike into the new ones I'm adding.  There may be a couple of thousand bikes with the same paint scheme as my bike out there, but soon mine will be unlike any of the others...my personal piece of sculpture, make of steel, plastic, and chrome.

More importantly, the bike is a way for me and Suzanne to spend great time together...she loves it at least as much as I do...and most important of all, a way for us to meet the great people from this site, making new friends with those who share this obsession with HD CVO Sceamin' Eagles.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

rmarion

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #59 on: March 11, 2007, 08:36:12 PM »

My thought exactly. I'll be the didnt though, Oh well, its a free country. Enjoy, rmarion, welcome to the site.
sorry guys................

no need for new tins when this bike will be mine for a loooong time...........

BTW, I have the best color produce (in my eyes) in the 06 CVO line...... I don't think I'll have any problems selling her if that time ever arises...... :bananarock: that is the reason why I kept the insigina paint style...just a differant color guys.........

Enjoy.........I know I am... :bananarock:

2006 FLHTCUSE - Candy/Black
SERT
SEAC
Branch Head Work
BP 595 cam gear drive
2:1 RB Racing Black Hole
Hawgwired Speakers & Amps
Rock & Roll Paint
Danny Grey Seat

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.241 seconds with 21 queries.