Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Road glide handlebar install cost  (Read 249 times)

winkjr

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

Road glide handlebar install cost
« on: November 09, 2018, 10:11:37 AM »

I called a HD shop over here in jersey and was just quoted $1260 in labor to put a set of handle bars on. Plus parts. Is this crazy? Or is this right. I’m looking at the factory 47 Rivera bars 14 inch. Everything I’m reading says you don’t have to extend anything. Am I off on this? Or are they the ones that are crazy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don't let that distract you from the fact that In 1972, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them....maybe you can hire The  A-Team.

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2018 FLHTCUTG Twisted Cherry/Silver Fortune
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
Road glide handlebar install cost
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2018, 11:42:32 AM »

They must be allowing time to extend every electrical and hydraulic line for that price. That’s at least ten hours labor even if it includes shop supplies and tax.

If you have a good Indy anywhere nearby I’d check with them.

If you don’t have to extend clutch or brake lines it’s a fairly straightforward job you could do yourself. You can get extensions for the electrical from Harley or aftermarket.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
Re: Road glide handlebar install cost
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2018, 01:50:54 PM »

Without wire and hydro extensions - 2-3 hours MAX!
With complete new cables 6-8 hours. Including bleeding the ABS system

OBB

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2018, 05:46:06 PM »

I called a HD shop over here in jersey and was just quoted $1260 in labor to put a set of handle bars on. Plus parts. Is this crazy? Or is this right. I’m looking at the factory 47 Rivera bars 14 inch. Everything I’m reading says you don’t have to extend anything. Am I off on this? Or are they the ones that are crazy?

I looked at those. Ended up ordering a set of Vindicta Mauraders for mine. Plan on doing it myself. I did the ones on my old '11 and those were a lot more involved with the older wiring system. 14" you should not have to extend anything. Might have to cut a zip tie or two to adjust some things but you should be good to go. F47 seemed to have a pretty good backorder going when I looked so I went to Vindicta. Lots of videos out there to help. If you have patience and good mechanical skills, you should be able to do it yourself.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

winkjr

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2018, 08:29:51 PM »

Update. So I called the shop I got my bike at they will do for 5 hours of labor.  Plus they sell those bars and have them in stock. Also they did confirm that they will not have to extend anything. So maybe they will charge less labor.
I no doubt can do it. It’s just not worth the hassle to me anymore. I been reading about the check engine lights and everything else everyone has come across. I just don’t fell like dealing with it. I want to be able to roll into the dealer if something’s wrong and say fix it.
We get a 20% discount on parts at this dealer so I’ll order through them. Plus I got Harley bucks to spend on my account there.
Don't let that distract you from the fact that In 1972, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them....maybe you can hire The  A-Team.

OBB

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2018, 09:54:15 PM »

Update. So I called the shop I got my bike at they will do for 5 hours of labor.  Plus they sell those bars and have them in stock. Also they did confirm that they will not have to extend anything. So maybe they will charge less labor.
I no doubt can do it. It’s just not worth the hassle to me anymore. I been reading about the check engine lights and everything else everyone has come across. I just don’t fell like dealing with it. I want to be able to roll into the dealer if something’s wrong and say fix it.
We get a 20% discount on parts at this dealer so I’ll order through them. Plus I got Harley bucks to spend on my account there.

That sounds like a much better deal than the other place. Let us know what you think of those new bars. I just saw someone post about them on the RG forum recently.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 26 queries.