Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Seeing old topics  (Read 416 times)

ultra13

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Ultra
Seeing old topics
« on: January 09, 2019, 06:18:05 PM »

When I log on I click on "show Unread post since last visit". Once I read a post and then scroll onto the next, where the heck does the one I just read go in case I want to return to it? I has happened many times. They just disappear.  :-[

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE
Re: Seeing old topics
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2019, 06:25:44 PM »

ya, know what your saying, I just got a new lap top a few weeks ago and that s when it stated for me. im sure its in my settings... but cant figure it out  :nixweiss:
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF

bigchuck

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2015 Limited
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2019, 07:52:50 PM »

When I log on I click on "show Unread post since last visit". Once I read a post and then scroll onto the next, where the heck does the one I just read go in case I want to return to it? I has happened many times. They just disappear.  :-[

After reading a post on my phone I just clicked on the back button on my phone and not the unread  messages at the top of the page. It will return to the previous page with the post that I just read highlighted. I always use my phone so I can't help when using pc
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 07:55:23 PM by bigchuck »
2015 CVO Limited
Long Ride Shield
Fullsac dx w/2"cores, TTS tuned by Wolfgang

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2019, 09:48:26 PM »

It doesn't go anywhere it just doesn't show up as unread (because it isn't since you've read it) when you click on "show unread posts since last visit" again. The software realizes that you have read the post so it's no longer "unread". If it didn't do that (eliminate the posts you read) the list would contain all the posts since the site was started and never clear any of them out.
It works the same way on PC too if you use the back button instead of hitting the "show unread posts since last visit" again. When you hit the back button it's just like turning the page back on a book you're reading... what was shown on that page when you first read/saw it is the same.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1236
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Page created in 0.192 seconds with 24 queries.