Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9  All

Author Topic: Stainless Steel Oil Filter  (Read 19064 times)

icybay

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: (2) 2004 SEEG B&B's ECoast & WCoast
    • CVO2: 2000 FLTRSEI B/O/W
Re: Stainless Steel Oil Filter
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2007, 06:55:16 PM »

Would someone please hurry and set a GP up, I haven't bought anything today and its making me cranky..

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2007, 06:58:06 PM »

That was my next question....have they verified the fitment with the oil coolers we have and also the O2 sensors for both stock and TMax systems?

I really like the piece, and want it to fit....

I guess if we had access to the tech sheet to get the overall dimensions, we could answer these questions ourselves.

Terry, more than one oil cooler too.  The 07s are completely different with lines that swing around in front of the filter.  Likely a change to eliminate that short hose with the short radius turn that busted on so many of the earlier models.  But they've got less clearance forward of the filter itself than we do.

Of course we're not worried about them right now, are we  :huepfenlol2: ?  (sorry guys  :oops: )

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2007, 06:59:28 PM »

Would someone please hurry and set a GP up, I haven't bought anything today and its making me cranky..

Icy, don't get in too much of a rush.  I'm just jazzed that someone else is guinea pigging something here  :bananarock: ! :worthless:

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2007, 07:01:43 PM »

Terry, more than one oil cooler too.  The 07s are completely different with lines that swing around in front of the filter.  Likely a change to eliminate that short hose with the short radius turn that busted on so many of the earlier models.  But they've got less clearance forward of the filter itself than we do.

Of course we're not worried about them right now, are we  :huepfenlol2: ?  (sorry guys  :oops: )

I've only had the chance to take a cursory look at the new oil cooler lines and filter configuration, but knew it may be more of an issue for them.  But screw 'em....there's more of us 103 owners... :P :P :P ;) ;)
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2007, 07:02:28 PM »

But screw 'em....there's more of us 103 owners... :P :P :P ;) ;)

Damn Straight !!

SCRM-R

• Elite CVO Member
  • It's Only $Money$...And I Can Make Some More!!
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2007, 07:19:13 PM »

SCRM, which of the two mentioned above are you guinea-pigging for us?
I'm guinea-pigging the K & P Engineering Chrome (of course) version.  Also comes in black and polished aluminum.  My indy is a dealer for them, so I'll get it from him.  Overall exterior dimensions are bit smaller than a stock Harley filter, and according to the manufacturer's information, and the indy who has experience with them, they clear the front sensor on twin cam models.  Don't know about oxygen sensors, but since it is slightly smaller than a standard filter, common sense tells me they will clear this one if they will clear a stock one.  Go browse their website (link in my first post about them)...tons of information about them there...I just can't believe that I haven't heard about them before now.
2003 Screamin' Eagle Road King with Custom "Real Fire" Paint Scheme
Zipper's 117" Kit, Including:
   H-D Race Tuner
   Zippers 54MM Throttle Body
   RedShift 647 Cams

Diamond Cut Cylinders & Heads
Custom Engraved Front Lower Legs, Primary Inspection Cover & Saddlebag Latch Covers

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2007, 07:21:47 PM »

I'm guinea-pigging the K & P Engineering Chrome (of course) version.  Also comes in black and polished aluminum.  My indy is a dealer for them, so I'll get it from him.  Overall exterior dimensions are bit smaller than a stock Harley filter, and according to the manufacturer's information, and the indy who has experience with them, they clear the front sensor on twin cam models.  Don't know about oxygen sensors, but since it is slightly smaller than a standard filter, common sense tells me they will clear this one if they will clear a stock one.  Go browse their website (link in my first post about them)...tons of information about them there...I just can't believe that I haven't heard about them before now.

If the housing OD is smaller that answers all the clearance questions immediately.  Now the only question will be if it's actually as good as their hyperbole makes it out to be.

SCRM-R

• Elite CVO Member
  • It's Only $Money$...And I Can Make Some More!!
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2007, 07:25:54 PM »

I'm supposed to pick it up on Wednesday of next week, so I should have some photos of it up by the evening.  Retail on it is 150 bucks.  There is a list of dealers on the mfg. website...maybe one of them will be willing to offer a group discount. 
2003 Screamin' Eagle Road King with Custom "Real Fire" Paint Scheme
Zipper's 117" Kit, Including:
   H-D Race Tuner
   Zippers 54MM Throttle Body
   RedShift 647 Cams

Diamond Cut Cylinders & Heads
Custom Engraved Front Lower Legs, Primary Inspection Cover & Saddlebag Latch Covers

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2007, 07:31:11 PM »

Hmm, I kinda like the SS Pure Power SS Finned Model 8110-BF. The filters 3-3/4"L x 3"W. (  http://www.gopurepower.com/store/item.asp?cmd=dsplyItem&itemKey=684 ) Pure Power makes good stuff! Racing, aircraft and industrial grade chit! I don't know K&P Engineering. Anyone familiar with them? Which one are we talking about to try for the group deal? Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2007, 07:34:39 PM »

Hmm, I kinda like the SS Pure Power SS Finned Model 8110-BF. The filters 3-3/4"L x 3"W. (  http://www.gopurepower.com/store/item.asp?cmd=dsplyItem&itemKey=684 ) Pure Power makes good stuff! Racing, aircraft and industrial grade chit! I don't know K&P Engineering. Anyone familiar with them? Which one are we talking about to try for the group deal? Hoist! 8)

I'm a little familiar with Pure Power also Howie.  The other company may indeed be good stuff too.  I just don't happen to have heard of them before. 

I'm interested enough to pursue this further though.  Won't be home until probably early afternoon on Tuesday.  If folks wish I'll call them then and see what kind of terms we might get out of them.

SneakyPete

• 1K CVO Member
  • AKA FGL
    • VA

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG O/B- RIP
    • CVO2: 2009 SERG3 O/B
    • CVO3: 2014 SERK6 O/B
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2007, 07:43:15 PM »

I'm a little familiar with Pure Power also Howie.  The other company may indeed be good stuff too.  I just don't happen to have heard of them before. 

I'm interested enough to pursue this further though.  Won't be home until probably early afternoon on Tuesday.  If folks wish I'll call them then and see what kind of terms we might get out of them.

Don, Count me in for one!
Member Hillbilly Rocket Riders MC, Virginia THE FASTEST CHAPTER!

ESJ JESTER

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 B/O
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2007, 07:43:49 PM »

Flow rate is a great thing and it seems thats where the HP  gain is coming from reguarding  the strain on the pump ect, but what is the filtering level? I dont recall seeing the spec on how many microns?  just wondering? :nixweiss:  5microns being the accepted min  imho
Do it right the first time, don't leave it for the next guy, as YOU may be the next guy!!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2007, 07:56:10 PM »

On the same page here. Did you watch the PP video? Makes sense to me! The K&P is less expensive, if it retails for $154. The PP is $199. I like the industrial look of the PP. And you know me Don, if it's SS, it's even better! ;) Hoist! 8)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2007, 12:36:14 AM by Hoist »

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2007, 08:06:45 PM »

Don, Count me in for one!

Ok Pete, Howie, et.al.  Next week I'll call both companies and see how many of either product they want to sell at once to offer a real level of discount.  Will post it back here after those conversations. 

Between now and then someone should double check whatever filtrations spec's either device offers.  Make sure it's not a pig in a poke.  I'm relatively comfortable in the Pure Power part just because of the company's history and rep.  But real data is always better.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2007, 08:18:47 PM »

Ok Pete, Howie, et.al.  Next week I'll call both companies and see how many of either product they want to sell at once to offer a real level of discount.  Will post it back here after those conversations. 

Between now and then someone should double check whatever filtrations spec's either device offers.  Make sure it's not a pig in a poke.  I'm relatively comfortable in the Pure Power part just because of the company's history and rep.  But real data is always better.

This is the the best info PP has. I don't see actual specs. I'll see if it attaches. Hoist! 8)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9  All

Page created in 0.174 seconds with 20 queries.