Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What does everyone use for a headset w/half helmet on bike with intercom?  (Read 671 times)

WildmanUltra

• Wildman
  • Full CVO Member
  • Scars only show where we've been, Live Life
    • WA

• CVO1: 2015 CVO RGU Carbon Dust/Autumn Sunset
    • CVO2: 2011 Road Glide Ultra
    • CVO3: 2010 Road Glide Custom

Since the PO didn't include the headsets that came with the CVO I bought I have still been using the J&M headsets that I have used since 2012. I have 1 of the older HD headsets they sold to use with a half helmet or if you were riding with no helmet. Just curious to hear what others are using and if there is anything out there better. I am not really thinking about trying to go wireless as that would just mean one more item I would have to remember to charge each night and I always worry about the battery going dead on me.

So for wired headsets that will work with a half helmet what do you all use?

lorenc

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NE

The best thing I found is something I made. I made a 7 pin din connector that I attached a 3.5mm connector for the mic and another for any earbuds I like. The mic that works great is about $16 from amazon and is a Pyle PRO PMEM1. It is light weight and I can use any earbuds I want. It is 2 things to put on but you cant beat the feel of it and I can wear it all day

glinkmeyer

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

Since the PO didn't include the headsets that came with the CVO I bought I have still been using the J&M headsets that I have used since 2012. I have 1 of the older HD headsets they sold to use with a half helmet or if you were riding with no helmet. Just curious to hear what others are using and if there is anything out there better. I am not really thinking about trying to go wireless as that would just mean one more item I would have to remember to charge each night and I always worry about the battery going dead on me.

So for wired headsets that will work with a half helmet what do you all use?
I have a set of two for half helmets that I no longer use since I bought a 2019 CVO with wireless. Worked great for intercom, radio and the CB if your interested.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WildmanUltra

• Wildman
  • Full CVO Member
  • Scars only show where we've been, Live Life
    • WA

• CVO1: 2015 CVO RGU Carbon Dust/Autumn Sunset
    • CVO2: 2011 Road Glide Ultra
    • CVO3: 2010 Road Glide Custom

I have a set of two for half helmets that I no longer use since I bought a 2019 CVO with wireless. Worked great for intercom, radio and the CB if your interested.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry but what do you have that will work with a half helmet? If you mean the J&M headsets I already have those but was just wondering if there was something better.

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 20 queries.