Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Author Topic: Passenger Floorboard Question  (Read 11146 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: Passenger Floorboard Question
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2007, 08:47:41 PM »

Howie I ordered the first three parts you have listed but did not order any pins. Dealer installed at delivery and if pins were needed they did not mention it nor charge me for them. JJ

Thanks JJ, I might as well get them just in case. How do those SEEG Mounts look on the SERK. Must be nicer than chrome stock ones huh? Thanks for confirming the fit! Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

twojay

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2007, 12:05:47 AM »

Thanks JJ, I might as well get them just in case. How do those SEEG Mounts look on the SERK. Must be nicer than chrome stock ones huh? Thanks for confirming the fit! Hoist! 8)

Howie, Yeah they are definitely better looking.  I am getting closer to being  able to download pics and maybe I will be able to by middle of week. If so I will send you a pic of them.  Bought a digital camera but finding time to learn how to use it and download pics to puter  has been difficult. I have a 10 year old daughter who lives with me ( I am divorced) and she takes a lot of my time,   which is ok as she has always been my no.1 priority. With soccer practice 3 nights a week and other activities, well you know as you have a daughter. Anyway to confirm earlier post I have :

Chrome Passenger Footboard Support Kit - 52714-04 $179.95 p, 491
Swept Wing Passenger Footboard Kit Grooved - 50357-04 $152.95 p. 492
Ironside Passenger Footboard Insert Kit - 52312-07 $199.95 p. 662

Good luck. jj

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2007, 12:19:11 AM »

Howie, Yeah they are definitely better looking.  I am getting closer to being  able to download pics and maybe I will be able to by middle of week. If so I will send you a pic of them.  Bought a digital camera but finding time to learn how to use it and download pics to puter  has been difficult. I have a 10 year old daughter who lives with me ( I am divorced) and she takes a lot of my time,   which is ok as she has always been my no.1 priority. With soccer practice 3 nights a week and other activities, well you know as you have a daughter. Anyway to confirm earlier post I have :

Chrome Passenger Footboard Support Kit - 52714-04 $179.95 p, 491
Swept Wing Passenger Footboard Kit Grooved - 50357-04 $152.95 p. 492
Ironside Passenger Footboard Insert Kit - 52312-07 $199.95 p. 662

Good luck. jj

Thanks a lot JJ. Those are the parts I ordered tonight. I got the pins too to be safe. I hope between these things, I don't also need additional mounting hardware! ;) Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2007, 12:59:52 AM »

Don't know where they came from, but Elvis had some spacers on the brkts for the rider footboards that are like 1" thick when I bought the bike. The spacers put the boards that much further out from the frame and a LOT more comforable. Seems to me there was a thread about it back in late 05. Anyway, if someone knows what I'm talking about, I'd like the info as well since I want to put these on LD.

Thanks
          B B

Hey B B, Terry mentioned them last week. I just ordered them. They're Kuryakin Running Board Extenders from Diamond D.  http://www.kuryakyn.com/products.asp?bn=harley&ci=3226

Hoist! 8)

BalDeagle

• FLHRSE3 Candy Cobalt with Pale Gold Leafing Graphics
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do it today, tomorrow may be too late......
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2007, 05:45:33 AM »

Maybe using the one I originally asked about, you use the existing, as they're replacement Brackets. The Kit I referenced from the SEEG might have them since it's a kit. For $7, I'll order them just to be sure. So it appears I'm set with ordering the following:

50357-04 Swept Wing passenger Floorboard Kit
52312-07 Ironside Passenger Floorboard Insert Kit
52714-04 Chrome Passenger Footboard Support Kit
50938-04 Pivot Pin (4)

Do I have it right now? and do these items include all the hardware I need? Thanks!

And Chief, thanks for the SEEG Parts page. It'll be more $ to order that way than the kits, so I'm trying to use the P&A stuff.

Hoist! 8)

I also ordered the floorboard parts you mentioned, but not the pins. They are going to fit them as part of my deal so I guess I'll let them worry about that when they get them.

Did you sort out the part nos. for relocating the OEM pegs ?

Nige

Don't leave it until tomorrow, do it today !

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander
Doherty PowerPacc + PowerVents + Mystfree
Vance & Hines Slip ons + V & H True Duals
Lots of other shiny bits!

Screamin' Al

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHRSE3 Cobalt Blue
    • CVO2: FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus
    • CVO3: FLHXSE 2018 Dark Alloy/Black Denim
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2007, 06:43:29 AM »

The pivot pins are included in Kit 52714-04. I'm looking at them now but they are shown as Part# 50933-86

Softail_Al

BalDeagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2007, 09:01:48 AM »

The pivot pins are included in Kit 52714-04. I'm looking at them now but they are shown as Part# 50933-86

Softail_Al

As long as they are part of the kit we don't have a problem Houston !

Nige

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander

Screamin' Al

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2007, 12:42:01 PM »

Didn't think there was a problem...just thought I'd mention the Part# quoted in the Instructions in case 50938-04 referred to a different application....and Nige, don't call me Houston :-).

Softail_Al

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2007, 01:03:54 PM »

Howie...if you really want to make the Bride happy, get the Kury adjustable hiway pegs to go with those rear floorboards/brackets.  Suzanne LOVES 'em!!!  Mucho points earned!!
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Screamin' Al

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2007, 01:24:49 PM »

Now that I'm looking at the parts in Kit 52714-04, there are two long adhesive black pads described as "Bumper (2 for HDI only) 44430-04". According to the instructions, the pad, which is contoured to match the support, sticks along the outside edge of the support. This not only covers the chrome!!! (I know guys it's sacrilege), but is visible when the footboard is in the up position. If there is a metal to metal issue in the down position then I may use a piece of the bumper to fix to the underside of the footboard.

So, you guys who have fitted the swept wing boards, is there a contact problem?..and why are these "bumpers" meant only for HDI models?

Softail_Al

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2007, 07:14:14 PM »

Now that I'm looking at the parts in Kit 52714-04, there are two long adhesive black pads described as "Bumper (2 for HDI only) 44430-04". According to the instructions, the pad, which is contoured to match the support, sticks along the outside edge of the support. This not only covers the chrome!!! (I know guys it's sacrilege), but is visible when the footboard is in the up position. If there is a metal to metal issue in the down position then I may use a piece of the bumper to fix to the underside of the footboard.

So, you guys who have fitted the swept wing boards, is there a contact problem?..and why are these "bumpers" meant only for HDI models?

Softail_Al

Probably interferes with your Flappers! ;D Thanks for all the responses and suggestions. I ordered everthing last night for the rear footboards. Terry, I saw what you did, but you're more ambitious than I. Just don't let Suzanne show them to her in HS! ::) Seriously, My wife's comfortable on the '03 RK so these Swept Wing shouldn't change her seating position. I'll install them this way, knowing I can always add the adjustable. Just doing it this way was $450 already! I can't believe that. That's a set of cams!!! Well next winter I wont have to buy passenger boards, so It'll be cam time then! ;) Hoist! 8)

BalDeagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2007, 08:25:57 PM »

Probably interferes with your Flappers! ;D Thanks for all the responses and suggestions. I ordered everthing last night for the rear footboards. Terry, I saw what you did, but you're more ambitious than I. Just don't let Suzanne show them to her in HS! ::) Seriously, My wife's comfortable on the '03 RK so these Swept Wing shouldn't change her seating position. I'll install them this way, knowing I can always add the adjustable. Just doing it this way was $450 already! I can't believe that. That's a set of cams!!! Well next winter I wont have to buy passenger boards, so It'll be cam time then! ;) Hoist! 8)

You want to think yourself lucky Howie - move to the good ole UK and you're lookin at $725.00. Now that should make your shirt shrivel !

Nige

P.S. Anyone going to answer the question about the parts needed to refit the OEM pegs ?

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2007, 08:52:40 PM »

You want to think yourself lucky Howie - move to the good ole UK and you're lookin at $725.00. Now that should make your shirt shrivel !

Nige

P.S. Anyone going to answer the question about the parts needed to refit the OEM pegs ?

Hey Nige, what you're saying is, think UK, and I'll be getting almost twice as much stuff for my money! I feel bad for you guys. For $725, she could get real used to pegs! ;D

I haven't solved the Peg Relocation thing yet. I've narrowed it down to a few choices of adjustable mounts. But now you have to decide on the "long" or "short" versions of them. I started a separate thread on it. http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=11976.0 I'll have to try to see them in person to see which work best for me. The last Clamps I bought were in '95, and I've just moved them from 1 bike to the next. I figured I should treat the SERK to new ones. I'm rethinking that now! It's easier to pick a cam or exhaust system! ;) Hoist! 8)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2007, 10:07:43 AM by Hoist »

BalDeagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2007, 06:31:08 PM »

Hey Nige, what you're saying is, think UK, and I'll be getting almost twice as much stuff for my money! I feel bad for you guys. For $725, she could get real used to pegs! ;D

I haven't solved the Peg Relocation thing yet. I've narrowed it down to a few choices of adjustable mounts. But now you have to decide on the "long" or "short" versions of them. I started a separate thread on it. http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=11976.0 I'll have to try to see them in person to see which work best for me. The last Clamps I bought were in '95, and I've just moved them from 1 bike to the next. I figured I should treat the SERK to new ones. I'm rethinking that now! It's easier to pick a cam or exhaust system! ;) Hoist! 8)

I wasn't thinking of using them for highway pegs. I've seen a few bikes with them set in a different position for the passenger. This just gives a second resting place for the pillion on long haul days.

Any ideas ?

:-\

Nige

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2007, 02:19:30 PM »

Maybe using the one I originally asked about, you use the existing, as they're replacement Brackets. The Kit I referenced from the SEEG might have them since it's a kit. For $7, I'll order them just to be sure. So it appears I'm set with ordering the following:

50357-04 Swept Wing passenger Floorboard Kit
52312-07 Ironside Passenger Floorboard Insert Kit
52714-04 Chrome Passenger Footboard Support Kit
50938-04 Pivot Pin (4)

Do I have it right now? and do these items include all the hardware I need? Thanks!

And Chief, thanks for the SEEG Parts page. It'll be more $ to order that way than the kits, so I'm trying to use the P&A stuff.

Hoist! 8)

Got the Passenger Floorboard parts yesterday and mounted them this morning. Easy enough. If you press hard enough, you don't need dishwahing liquid to press the insert into the pan, past the pivot pins. And yes the pivot pins come with the hardware. You don't need to order seperate pivot pins. This time, I only wasted $7! They look OK, but the right side seems to stick out pretty far when the board is folded up. I think I like 'em, but gotta get used to them. This mod was for her. Definitely would not have done this if I were single. Looks better with the pegs! Hoist! 8)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Page created in 0.188 seconds with 20 queries.