Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7  All

Author Topic: Best AFR?  (Read 30315 times)

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
Re: Best AFR?
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2007, 09:31:44 PM »

Hey IronHorse, could you please clarify if your running with the o2 sensors? Your comment about the autotune set for 13.1 should be shaded, and autotune, o2 sensors detected should have been noted, unless you are just running the zippers ECM without them. Lemme know I can help

Rhino (fastestjesterinonemoreday)

Rhino,

I am running the Auto-Tune T-max with the two O2 sensors. It's the full Zippers kit, ECM, TB and air cleaner. I think maybe I have EVERYTHING all wrong. When I changed the settings from 13.1 to 13.8, did I just go from 13 parts air and 1 part fuel, to 13 parts air and 8 parts fuel, there by increasing fuel and losing mpgs?

Mark
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2007, 09:35:27 PM »

Rhino,

I am running the Auto-Tune T-max with the two O2 sensors. It's the full Zippers kit, ECM, TB and air cleaner. I think maybe I have EVERYTHING all wrong. When I changed the settings from 13.1 to 13.8, did I just go from 13 parts air and 1 part fuel, to 13 parts air and 8 parts fuel, there by increasing fuel and losing mpgs?

Mark

IH, I don't know the AT but 13,8 is 13,8 parts of air. It's always Parts of Air to Parts of fuel, with fuel being one. Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2007, 09:36:30 PM »

Hoist,

The Wego II is a product made by Daytona Twin Tec the originator for closed loop AFR Systems.   They are based in Daytona Beach off Beville Road.

Problem with using it right now is the same problem people with the T-Max are having with the bungs.  The rinehart bungs on the 07's need to be moved for the front cylinder.   Once that happens you upload your map for SERT or PC and then run it for up to an hour with the scan tool and it will tell you what changes to make to your maps to get the target A/F desired.

HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2007, 09:38:53 PM »

Hoist,

The Wego II is a product made by Daytona Twin Tec the originator for closed loop AFR Systems.   They are based in Daytona Beach off Beville Road.

Problem with using it right now is the same problem people with the T-Max are having with the bungs.  The rinehart bungs on the 07's need to be moved for the front cylinder.   Once that happens you upload your map for SERT or PC and then run it for up to an hour with the scan tool and it will tell you what changes to make to your maps to get the target A/F desired.

Harry, can it share the O2 sensor from the AT? Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Rhino

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2007, 09:40:04 PM »

Nope,  13.1 or 13.8, it is only an air ratio you can adjust. It is always to 1 for fuel. so 13.1 is richer than 13.8.

Best also check out your software, look in closed loop module and make sure you have closed loop selected.  If you are changin fuel across the board, you must have AFR override selected. Not neccessary, since auto tune give you all the adjustables for idle, cruising and high end, on each of the 32 different maps available. The base map provided from Zippers is pretty close, but it is a compromise between fuel economy and power.  Nice thing is you can change high end fuel, and maintain the good economy at the lower ends. Again, if you have the o2 sensors, make sure autotune, close dloop is enabled.

They just released a comprehensive manual which gives a bunch more detail too.

Rhino etc.

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2007, 09:41:48 PM »

IH, I don't know the AT but 13,8 is 13,8 parts of air. It's always Parts of Air to Parts of fuel, with fuel being one. Hoist! 8)

That's what I thought. Maybe I'm not a dimwitted after all.
So,.....changing my T-MAX afr from 13.1 to 13.8 just added .7 more parts of air to the existing fuel, thereby leaning it.

Right?
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2007, 09:42:41 PM »

When you buy the WEGO II it comes with the same VW wide band sensors made by bosch I think it is.  So no they couldnt share it you would use one product or the other, but the same bungs.   WEGO using a Deutsch Connector pinned out for their product while I am sure T-Max has it pinned out for its setup.

Same Wide Band Sensor though.   I would setup a deutsch connector for pins 1 / 4 on the accessory plug under the seat infront of the tank and use that for the WEGO if it were me nice and clean and easy to access.
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2007, 09:43:22 PM »

Yes Hoist you leaned it out a bit more

Rhino

« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2007, 09:47:01 PM »

Just to make things a bit more complicated, it is not AFR always that gives the best indicator.  If you can look at the exhaust temperature, and the CO2, you can also find out which AFR runs best in your machine.   Auto tuners electronics wizards have used this testing for a few years now. Problem is to find one that can measure the gases in PPM's, and tune to that, then adjust the AFR.  Or, borrow a dyno, and run the bike at cruise with cruisecontrol, and do live tuning. It's simple with the ZIppers, as long as the dyno has a inertial brake sys on it.   But the bottom line is are you going for best performance on the street with what the stock setup has?  I think so, becsue the current setup witll only do so much. And I want to find out, with the stock setup I have, what works the best for tuning, BEFORE I add a cam, compression and headwork for flo.  

Rhino

Rhino

« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2007, 09:48:48 PM »

That's what I thought. Maybe I'm not a dimwitted after all.
So,.....changing my T-MAX afr from 13.1 to 13.8 just added .7 more parts of air to the existing fuel, thereby leaning it.

Right?

That's right, but check to make sure you did not do the AFR override in the closed loop page.

Rhino

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2007, 09:54:27 PM »

Sounds like AJ is going to have to spend some more money on that perty motosickle he has.

I'm planning the bank robbery now.

I have your new signature all picked out, it should say at least I beat AJ
Rhino (FastestJester w caveat)
Rhino (fastestjesterinonemoreday)

Chipster, after the robbery, let's get with your boys and put some ponies in my 110. Then we'll see who can run!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2007, 10:04:08 PM »

Rhino,

Mark

IH, you're ok.  You're just not seeing the full ratio.  Think of it like this:

13.1:1 or 13.8:1  The first half of the ratio is air and the second is fuel.

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2007, 12:24:38 AM »

IH, you're ok.  You're just not seeing the full ratio.  Think of it like this:

13.1:1 or 13.8:1  The first half of the ratio is air and the second is fuel.

.....And since the fuel stays the same at 1 all I can do is either add more air or take away air.

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2007, 08:44:23 AM »

It's called AFR, meaning Air Fuel Ratio, stated as 13.1:1 for example. Therefore the higher the first number the more air, or leaner. The lower the ratio, the richer. You should be a little richer at idle and WFO than the cruising range. The expert tuners here can guide you better on the AFR's at various RPM's, but the bottom and top should be richer than the middle. Hoist! 8)

Is that something like a nice rack, ample badonkadonk and a trim waiste?

Honky Tonk Badonkadonk

Chief

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2007, 08:51:15 AM »

If you guys wanna play around and have some real fun, get their Wego II AFR Monitor System http://www.zippersperformance.com/catalogue/showproduct.asp?cat=588&prod=2129 Then you'll really know what's going on. Hoist! 8)

I'm using the same type of system, but I'm using the Daytona Sensors Twin-Scan II+ with WEGO IID. It gives me the info I need for tuning the PC.

Twin Scan II+ Tuning Aid for Screamin Eagle® Race Tuner (SERT) and Dynojet Power Commander

Chuck

<EDIT> I just clicked on your link, and that is actually the original 1 channel Daytona system. The CD even says Twin-Tec on it. The system I am using is their two-channel (2 WB O2 sensors) so I can measure both cylinders at once.(/EDIT>

« Last Edit: March 20, 2007, 09:00:30 AM by Chief »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7  All

Page created in 0.178 seconds with 20 queries.