Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Rockford Fosgate head unit  (Read 937 times)

Finster101

• Full CVO Member
Rockford Fosgate head unit
« on: May 29, 2020, 08:19:26 PM »

Thinking about updating my 08 Roadglide with this Digital Media Receiver for 1998-2013 Harley-Davidson
PMX-HD9813.  Anyone have any experience with them.  I have J&M amp and speakers but still have the HK radio.  It would be nice to have Bluetooth and a USB plug for carplay.

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
Re: Rockford Fosgate head unit
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2020, 09:24:57 PM »

I just bought a used bike and it has it in it. Seems to work as advertised. I'm not super crazy about the EQ settings as it doesn't have the simple bass/mid range and treble adjustments. Other than that, it's ok. It does take specific iDevices to be compatible with the USB port. The Nano I have doesn't work but I was lucky enough to have a neighbor with an iPod Touch that they gave me to use. Fairly simple install from the looks of it. Plug and play. The only thing you'll have to "install" is the dual port unit that has the Aux in port and the usb port. I need to add another charging port for my phone somewhere on the bike and not sure where yet as it's a 12 SERG with no tour pack.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

TraumaSlave

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TN

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2020, 07:21:27 PM »

Its a high dollar unit. $650 is steep. That being said,,, I plan to pay it.
A cat almost always blinks when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer.

barrhill

• barrhil
  • Full CVO Member
    • AB

• CVO1: 2008 CVO RK gold and copper
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO RGC maple
    • CVO3: 2019 CVO RGC mako shark fade
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2020, 10:39:57 AM »

friend just but one in it works very well . in a road glide can see in bright day light
we took the USB cord  brought it out in left hand pocket then used a good quality 6FT cord back in then up the handle bars to a ciro 3D phone holder (charges phone , advances song , shows title and boots up very fast ) blue tooth work also

threw all the J&M stuff out replaced amp with the Rockford fosgate 400 watt with Alpine 6.5(the alpines can take abuse) up front and kicker 6x7 in the back with V-twin audio adapters in the rear

this systems rocks .
2019 road glide Mako 2012 road glide  in maple , GMR 117,600 gmr cams , fullsac pipes and slipons , S&S crank and oil pump , TTS ,Barnett scorpion , 58mm oval HPI ,DD7   2008 CVO road king in copper with 16 apes ,fullsac baffles, SE tuner

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2020, 07:02:23 PM »

friend just but one in it works very well . in a road glide can see in bright day light
we took the USB cord  brought it out in left hand pocket then used a good quality 6FT cord back in then up the handle bars to a ciro 3D phone holder (charges phone , advances song , shows title and boots up very fast ) blue tooth work also

threw all the J&M stuff out replaced amp with the Rockford fosgate 400 watt with Alpine 6.5(the alpines can take abuse) up front and kicker 6x7 in the back with V-twin audio adapters in the rear

this systems rocks .
Curious if your speaker choices are marine grade?

Sent from my boring Droid phone.

PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

SIKBIRD

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AL

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE: Orange Pearl & Jet Black
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2020, 09:11:40 PM »

this systems rocks .

You’re right about the Alpines taking abuse. I have 4 Type R 6.5’s (2 in upper & 2 in lower fairing) and over the last 3-4 years they have been exposed to excessive volume, water, dirt, and extreme temperatures, never had a bit of trouble and they still look and sound like the day I installed them. My brother has had the same pair on his RK for 6-7 years and they have been wet hundreds of times and they’re still rocking as well.

barrhill

• barrhil
  • Full CVO Member
    • AB

• CVO1: 2008 CVO RK gold and copper
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO RGC maple
    • CVO3: 2019 CVO RGC mako shark fade
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2020, 11:02:44 PM »

R-S65.2 alpine

you could also check out v-twin audio
https://vtwinaudio.com/

did a system I another friend bike victory XC
with same front speakers with v-twin 6.5 adapters in the front and same speakers ( up from 5.3 )
this make a victory system actually sound awesome

2019 road glide Mako 2012 road glide  in maple , GMR 117,600 gmr cams , fullsac pipes and slipons , S&S crank and oil pump , TTS ,Barnett scorpion , 58mm oval HPI ,DD7   2008 CVO road king in copper with 16 apes ,fullsac baffles, SE tuner

TraumaSlave

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TN

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2020, 07:01:52 PM »

Getting one installed now. Long story of circumstance leading to my obtaining it. Will post about that when it is finalized. Will also post a review on the radio.
A cat almost always blinks when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer.

Finster101

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2020, 06:01:17 PM »

Getting one installed now. Long story of circumstance leading to my obtaining it. Will post about that when it is finalized. Will also post a review on the radio.

Looking forward to your review.  I'm planning on getting one later this year but have a couple of other projects I want to do first.

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 20 queries.