Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: on a mission to put a double din with Apple play on my 12 RG. What am I in for?  (Read 504 times)

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America

I love the GTS system on my 19 RG especially the Apple Play. I have great systems (Focals front and rear, 2 Arc 6 series amps) on both bikes but find myself not wanting to take my 12 because of it not having the Apple Play. My 12 has a S&S 124 in it so I love riding it and decided today to bite the bullet and figure out how to make it happen but have a feeling it is going to be a big project altering the inner fairing, matching the paint, finding the right unit etc. Help??
Alan

Sea Biscuit

• Senior CVO Member

Alan,

You are about to enter the rabbit hole buddy!😀

Actually, there are a few companies that make entire inner fairings to be able to use a double din receiver, but they do change the entire look of the inner fairing.

If you want to use your original fairing, here is one possible option:

https://fairingfactoryca.com/double_din_gps_tray_ff8054.html

Note that I have toyed with this idea for my 2012 CVO, but have never gone beyond that and have not used this product, so can’t comment on quality of same.

Obviously not plug and play, but a good fabricator should be able to make it work and paint matching should be doable.

Good luck!

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"

Puzzled did this to his 13

https://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=77341.405 start about 1/2 way down pg 28
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America

I spoke to Soundz today and they strongly suggest I do not do it. They said that though the Sony unit does have sealed buttons the screen is not sealed and even water splashing against it could mess it up not to mention getting caught in the rain like I did just a couple of days ago. they said they are working on being able to convert the GTS system to 13's and below. I asked them when they thought they may have that done and they thought by the end of the year so I am going to hold until then. Rabbit hole averted-for now...
Alan

Page created in 0.402 seconds with 20 queries.