Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Trailer suggestions for towing CVO roadglide  (Read 1255 times)

2smoke

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 Softail Convertible
Re: Trailer suggestions for towing CVO roadglide
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2020, 10:26:34 AM »

Forget open trailers- you spend lots of cash and time making your bike look pretty and then tow it on an open trailer through the rain, dust, snow etc. No way! Buy an enclosed aluminum trailer and you'll never look back. You'll have piece of mind that your bike is safe. The extra space to carry gear and your tools is priceless.

Bungy

• Senior CVO Member
  • Keep your stick on the ice
    • AB

• CVO1: '08 SEUC annie
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2020, 10:47:25 AM »

Forget open trailers- you spend lots of cash and time making your bike look pretty and then tow it on an open trailer through the rain, dust, snow etc. No way! Buy an enclosed aluminum trailer and you'll never look back. You'll have piece of mind that your bike is safe. The extra space to carry gear and your tools is priceless.

If you are worried about keeping the bike clean, buy a Geza Gear cover, protects 100%. I like the open trailer as it makes observing/checking the tie downs much easier and quicker. I towed two baggers f/ AB to AZ in a 7x14 enclosed trailer and unbeknownst to me the tie downs on one became loose and damaged both bikes.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2020, 10:49:54 AM by Bungy »
I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.

kevin_n

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

• CVO1: 2016 SESG
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2020, 12:00:39 PM »

I have a 7x14 enclosed trailer made by stealth. It holds two bikes no problem and like stated before, it's like having a traveling garage. Done riding for the day and they get put on the trailer every night. Keeps them protected from any storms that might roll through over night and keeps people from messing with them. Not only that but when driving down the road if you get caught in bad weather they are protected from any potential damage.

Billy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2007 SERK
    • CVO2: 2014 SERK
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2020, 01:32:31 PM »

Iron horse  is the way to go. Very light and goes thru the wind great. Great people. i have been to CA then FL 3 times no problems. i added a camera to the back to see what is going on . Billy
2014 SERK Tribal Orange Wild one 501 apes Powder coated gloss black, Mustang Seat with backrest, King tour pack with smoked lights, LED aux lights, CD Dynamic front ringz, CD custom license plate with LED turns and brake light, Zumo 660 mounted on bar, Klock Werks 17 inch Flare windshield, Saddle bag guards, Added LED turn indicators in handle bar cover, Engine guard foot pegs

roadrunner

• Tennessee Squire
  • Elite CVO Member
  • "I'm gonna see a man about a dog!"

• CVO1: 2015 FLHRUSE
    • CVO2: 2004 FLHTCSE (Sold)
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2020, 08:42:17 PM »

I just received a quote from a Texas dealer and yes the are pricey.

Twice what an aluminum trailer would be.

Sure are nice though.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

2015 FLTRUSE
Clearview GP 12", Fullsac DX, 2.25 power cores with screen and TTS Tune.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 25 queries.