Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Trikes  (Read 13142 times)

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
Re: Trikes
« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2007, 07:03:27 AM »

Thanks for posting the link, Candy.  Heard all sorts of things about this HD/Lehman R & D trike.  Very interesting. 

It does look a bit strange, but bet it runs like a scalded dog (if there is a model on the road/track somewhere).
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #47 on: November 06, 2007, 10:04:46 AM »

napalm

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2012 FLHTCUSE7
« Reply #48 on: November 06, 2007, 02:45:23 PM »

My wife rides a 2003 Road Kinf Classic that was converted using a Lehman Kit.  M & J Motors did the conversion.  They are located in Martinsburg, W. VA.  The Trike rides great, very easy to handle and yes, reverse is a must!

Also Lehman offers a kick out for the front end that changes the angle of the front forks.  Her Trike rides like it has power steering.  I would recommend that also.  There are pictures of her Trike in the pictures section of this web site.

napalm
napalm

Woop De Doo

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2007, 11:43:16 AM »

I was talking to a gentleman on Sunday who said that any HD bike that is "triked" no longer has the HD warranty. If this is true it would really be a gamble to trike a 110. Any comments?/

TIA
     Don S

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2007, 11:56:30 AM »

My neighbor Cappy picked up his CANAM Spyder on Saturday. He's got #252 of the original production run. They number the bikes and gave each owner an " Original Owner "  goretex riding jacket. I've sat on the bike and it has mid pegs and a sportbike feel to the seating position. First mistake in my book as this bike to me is going to appeal to aging baby boomers with bad joints ( maybe not ? )  The write-ups I read on this vehicle said it would have long footboards, but that must have gotten lost in committee. Anyway, with only a couple hundred miles on the Odo, I didn't ask Cappy if I could ride it yet. He says anyone expecting a motorcycle feel to the bike will be disappointed and anyone expecting a sportscar feel will be disappointed. So I'm not sure what it is untill I ride it. Cappy says it handles more like a car that you're steering with handlebars. While the front end feels light, you still have to steer it through corners. It doesn't lean much. He said his forearms got a bit tired after 100 miles and Cappy's a rugged guy. The vehicle looks cool and is definitely an attention getter. He bought the Silver / Black model. I would think that riding in the rain would be more comfortable as you don't have to worry about going down. Storage is ok with a good size trunk in the front and a tank bag and sissy bar bag available. There's also a taller windshield available. I'm trying to talk Cappy into joining me for my run to Daytona next spring. Anyway, after seeing Cappy's new CANAM and talking to him, I think the best bet in a trike is two wheels in the back with suspension that allows you some lean in the corners. I don't want a vehicle I've got to " work " when I'm riding it. 

B B

Dean_Nelson

• Full CVO Member
  • Now it is a DFT Tike
« Reply #51 on: November 13, 2007, 01:57:20 PM »

Don,

Warranty ends up with the dealer and what is wrong with the bike. DFT has lots of our dealers that are Harley dealers and they do all the warranty work on the bike with out problems. How can you put falt on a Trike kit if your head lite goes dead, gas tank pump stops, floor boards fall off or IF THE MOTOR LEAKS OIL FROM THE GASKET.

The hard part of any warranty from any factory is most all state "no mods or it will void the warranty"

So.....if you custom paint a bike? change the "anything" and it is out of warranty.

I think the Company has to prove that the broke part was a direct cause of the trike kit being inatalled.

Now on the other side of this, if the kit is installed wrong and it made the belt break that that would be with the trike kit mfg to warranty and pay to fix it all.

I had a warranty one time in the last 10 years with trikes, I would be running down the street at any speed and the bike would just shut off, go dead.

When I took it in the dealer said "this will cost you, it is a trike no warranty" I asked him how a trike kit makes the bike just shut off.......

I told him lets look at this together and see whats wrong first and if you can prove to me that the kit made the problem, I will pay you for it.

We found the "tip sensor" was not working as it needs to be. The little ball would bounce up and down and shut it off.

later Harley had a recall on them to change them all.

How did I fix that tip sensor.........dealer did not have the part......I took supper glue and it never bounce up or down anymore! Tip sensor.....it's a trike I don't think it will fall over.

Dean Nelson
2008 FLHX BAGGER CUSTOM
2006 FLHTCUSE
2004 SEEG  SOLD
2002 V-ROD AS A CUSTOM
1998 ROAD KING 95TH
1982 GS1100E
1977 XLCR ONE OWNER 600 MILES
1970 XLH MY FIRST H-D 1800 MILES
1963 CUSHMAN 7500 MILES

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #52 on: November 13, 2007, 04:22:34 PM »

And Dean comes along with the tip of the day! :huepfenlol2:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

johna

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #53 on: November 15, 2007, 12:56:58 AM »

FYI, HD Trader posted this:

http://www.bloggingstocks.com/2007/06/18/harley-davidsons-three-wheeled-hog/

NEW BOLDNESS ??CUTTING EDGE  ?? I guess for moco it may be ?

HFS Morgan, who contributes the accompanying story of the three-wheeler which he designed, at the controls of the first model. It was built in 1909 had a 7 h.p. Peugeot engine.

EGUC7

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Black and Orange
« Reply #54 on: November 16, 2007, 08:51:03 PM »

The Trike rides great, very easy to handle and yes, reverse is a must!

Also Lehman offers a kick out for the front end that changes the angle of the front forks.  Her Trike rides like it has power steering.  I would recommend that also.  There are pictures of her Trike in the pictures section of this web site.

napalm

Not trying to be argumentative, but I did not have reverse on the 03 MotorTrike nor do I have it on the 07 Lehman.  If you park smart (definitely NOT downhill), I can push the Trike around easily.  I think it depends on how much strength you have left in your knees.  For me, it is not problem.  Love the Lehman triple tree, its a winner.

Ride Safe.
Walt

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #55 on: November 16, 2007, 08:59:51 PM »

My neighbor Cappy picked up his CANAM Spyder on Saturday. He's got #252 of the original production run. They number the bikes and gave each owner an " Original Owner "  goretex riding jacket. I've sat on the bike and it has mid pegs and a sportbike feel to the seating position. First mistake in my book as this bike to me is going to appeal to aging baby boomers with bad joints ( maybe not ? )  The write-ups I read on this vehicle said it would have long footboards, but that must have gotten lost in committee. Anyway, with only a couple hundred miles on the Odo, I didn't ask Cappy if I could ride it yet. He says anyone expecting a motorcycle feel to the bike will be disappointed and anyone expecting a sportscar feel will be disappointed. So I'm not sure what it is untill I ride it. Cappy says it handles more like a car that you're steering with handlebars. While the front end feels light, you still have to steer it through corners. It doesn't lean much. He said his forearms got a bit tired after 100 miles and Cappy's a rugged guy. The vehicle looks cool and is definitely an attention getter. He bought the Silver / Black model. I would think that riding in the rain would be more comfortable as you don't have to worry about going down. Storage is ok with a good size trunk in the front and a tank bag and sissy bar bag available. There's also a taller windshield available. I'm trying to talk Cappy into joining me for my run to Daytona next spring. Anyway, after seeing Cappy's new CANAM and talking to him, I think the best bet in a trike is two wheels in the back with suspension that allows you some lean in the corners. I don't want a vehicle I've got to " work " when I'm riding it. 

B B

UT  OH   :oops:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.175 seconds with 21 queries.