Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8  All

Author Topic: CVO type stuff  (Read 19389 times)

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Road Glide (SOLD)
Re: CVO type stuff
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2007, 04:53:07 PM »

The blind front hole would use the existing bolt and pass through the shifter arm into the shifter rod.

I don't like a blind hole setup but it is popular! To me it is not symmetrical.

An air cleaner layover sounds cool however this is a waterjet not a CNC mill. Now if you have a rough idea of what it should look like I'll see what can be done.

As for shifter rods I should have something in the morning in the way of a first draft. I may even have some pricing as David was meeting with the chrome plater this afternoon. :2vrolijk_21:
2023 CVO Road Glide
2003 Rigid Springer Chopper "Puzzle" Bike 26"

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2007, 06:52:26 PM »

Agree with Terry on the front bolt hole - as long as sound it would be better.

On the SE air cleaner - have been considering the HD Teardrop shaped a/c cover to replace the existing one that is only slightly less ugly than a bowling shoe.  If an SE a/c cover with the SE head as mentioned were available, it would sell like hotcakes.

Would be interested in shifter if it were the SE bird head as opposed to some close approximation.  With that head engraved in the forks and the SERK air cleaner cover now got to stay consistent.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2007, 08:17:16 PM »

Oh sure Puzzled is saying to himself right about now, yesterday Spiderman was on my case about headsets, today he wants something. All I can say is I don't believe in bullchittin people so I say what's on my mind. Anyway, I love the dragon on the panel for a belt drive. Do you think you could do that in to an 03 SERK Spun Aluminum wheel ? Maybe two dragons head to tail in a circular pattern ?

B B

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2007, 08:46:32 PM »

I have thicker skin than that.

As a Harley riding Hayabusa flying rider I get my fair share of chops busted. :2vrolijk_21:

My concern with wheels is Balance. The waterjet has no clue what it is cutting through so doing a wheel isn't a problem. I just a rough design and possible layout. I'll see if I can get David to stop by and address that one.
2023 CVO Road Glide

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2007, 10:28:47 PM »

Puzzled, how large of pieces can he cut? 

Wheels.....  :nixweiss: ?

A wheel with, oh, say, three of the Screamin Eagle heads sweeping back at the end of three wide but narrowing sweeping spokes would be pretty cool.

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2007, 10:37:54 PM »

I'll ask.
2023 CVO Road Glide

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2007, 10:40:29 PM »

Does any one know if the Spun Aluminum wheels from an 02, 03 SERK and available still in the P&A catalogue are solid centers or two discs riveted together ? It's obvious they have rivets, but I was thinking those hold the center section to the rim. As to the balance question, I was thinking of checking a Speed shop to see if they have the Balance Master balancers that Drag racers put on the brake rotors of their wheels to actively balance their wheels.

B B

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2007, 10:43:10 PM »

There's also a plaque in Wyoming. I've seen it. You go through the town it's in on the way from Sturgis to Devil's Tower. Sheesh whadauthinkIdo on these road trips of mine anyway ?

Now be a good goober and go Google the damn thing.

B B

Oh chit, how'd this post get on this thread. It belongs over on the Phoenix thread in the NEXTEL cup section. Sure have another glass of Reisling with that Vocodin Brian  Oops now I'm talkin to myself
« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 10:45:57 PM by SPIDERMAN »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2007, 10:51:17 PM »

There's also a plaque in Wyoming. I've seen it. You go through the town it's in on the way from Sturgis to Devil's Tower. Sheesh whadauthinkIdo on these road trips of mine anyway ?

Now be a good goober and go Google the damn thing.

B B

Oh chit, how'd this post get on this thread. It belongs over on the Phoenix thread in the NEXTEL cup section. Sure have another glass of Reisling with that Vocodin Brian  Oops now I'm talkin to myself

As per the first responding link when "Geographic Center United States" is typed in to Google:

North America: 48°10' North, 100°10' West - 6 miles west of Balta, Pierce County, North Dakota.

The 50 United States: 44°58' North, 103°46' West - West of Castle Rock, Butte County, South Dakota.

The 48 Conterminous U.S. States: 39°50' North, 98°35' West - near Lebanon, Smith County, Kansas.

Interesting.  I knew the lower 48 commonly accepted center point was just outside Lebanon, KS.  Would never have guessed that a 50 state center point was only in South Dakota someplace.  It seems like Hawaii would move that 50 state center point a LOT farther west than that.

Crap, this is going to bug me now.  Weekend homework with the charts.....

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2007, 10:53:53 PM »

chit, I thought for sure I was in Wyoming. You mean that damn plaque is in South Dakota. hmmmmmm  I'm beginning to see why some of you guys have those whatchamacallit sattelite things on your handlebars.

B B

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2007, 10:56:01 PM »

chit, I thought for sure I was in Wyoming. You mean that damn plaque is in South Dakota.

Don't sweat it BB.  Problem is a couple of teenage kids kept moving the damn thing in front of you.  Just to screw with you.  That'd confuse hell out of anyone!

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2007, 11:00:57 PM »

I have a GPS in the Harmon Kardon 147 function radio but so far have not used it.  Someday when I need a headache, I;ll get out the manual on it.

Must be talking about the geo center near Belle Fourche, SD.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2007, 11:03:15 PM »

Don't sweat it BB.  Problem is a couple of teenage kids kept moving the damn thing in front of you.  Just to screw with you.  That'd confuse hell out of anyone!

I just pulled out my Rand McNally  Castle Rock South Dakota is about 30 miles north of Sturgis and 30 miles east of the South Dakota, Montana, Wyoming border.  Key phrase in this post " north of Sturgis " Whatever happens in Nelson, do not, I repeat DO NOT allow me to lead; God we'll end up in the freakin Arctic Circle or something. I think it's amazin how many miles I've ridden and the places I've been in my life when I absolutely do not have a clue where chit is.

B B

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2007, 11:05:02 PM »

I think it's amazin how many miles I've ridden and the places I've been in my life when I absolutely do not have a clue where chit is.

B B

Brian, rides like that have been some of best rides.  That ain't a problem son, that's just a good day riding.

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2007, 09:30:20 AM »

Here is the email I received this morning.

"I'll have drawings done by friday. Its really just working out the small details. I have the ability to do wheels. I'll also draw some up. I would like for us to come up with a whole line up of parts. If you get a chance, get me the length measurement and maybe a pic. Thanks, D.C"
2023 CVO Road Glide
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8  All

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 20 queries.