Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Author Topic: Beaufort, SC Member Visits NYC Member!  (Read 15181 times)

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Road Glide (SOLD)
Re: Beaufort, SC Member Visits NYC Member!
« Reply #60 on: May 05, 2007, 10:43:07 PM »

2023 CVO Road Glide
2003 Rigid Springer Chopper "Puzzle" Bike 26"

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #61 on: May 05, 2007, 10:43:40 PM »

2023 CVO Road Glide

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #62 on: May 05, 2007, 10:44:22 PM »

2023 CVO Road Glide

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #63 on: May 05, 2007, 10:45:00 PM »

2023 CVO Road Glide

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #64 on: May 05, 2007, 10:45:35 PM »

2023 CVO Road Glide

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #65 on: May 05, 2007, 10:45:58 PM »

A place in East Gabippie Hoist took us for dinner. Thank you AJ for dinner. :2vrolijk_21:
2023 CVO Road Glide

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #66 on: May 05, 2007, 11:41:37 PM »

All I can say is: WOW  ;D ;) 8) Need I say more?

Randy says: "Tell your friends thank you and it was an enjoyable run".

AJ (Hoist's anchor)

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #67 on: May 06, 2007, 08:10:01 AM »

I was fortunate enough to meet Howie, AJ, Travis and Randy (board member?) yesterday. A great group of guys.

Howie is all New Yorker no doubt about it. ;D I think he spends more time between lanes than in them. He does make good time though. That 110 runs pretty dam good in a relatively light bike. I had to keep the old 95" on her toes in order to stay with him. ::)

AJ is a good guy from the South. Hard to believe he hails from NY. He was on his Deuce yesterday without a windshield so at Howies pace he had to have been getting beat up. We'll have to head South to hook up with him and do some Southern riding. :2vrolijk_21:

Randy is just a big quiet guy, very laid back. He'll ride at whatever pace everyone else is at. If that bike is still only a 88", it runs. He is AJ's bud and I'm not certain if he's a member here or not. If he isn't he should be.

Travis is well, just Travis. Young!

We had two GPS units and one couldn't follow it and the other (me) had no clue where we were trying to go. SO Howie with his trusty two piece, four dollar map did a great job of getting us out and into the wind. For most of the day I had no idea where I was. That was cool as I'm usually the leader with the pressure of getting everyone where we want to go. I can see heading East hooking up with Howie again to do some more riding.

That's it for now, off to Allentown to meet up with the Philly crew, chilly.
2023 CVO Road Glide

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #68 on: May 06, 2007, 08:32:51 AM »

Hoist rolling in for our initial meeting.

Howie, you're headlight is bass ackwards. You've got the Hi beam hooked into the Lo beam.

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #69 on: May 06, 2007, 10:38:24 AM »

We had a really good time. Howie, I've come to learn, does not lane split. No, Howie creates his own lane wherever there is pavement, or not. The man knows how to ride. Mike has one tricked out '01 SERG! That bike is beautiful and he can keep up with Hoist.

Well, Randy and I are off to Marcus Dairy in Danbury, CT. I'll report back tonight.

AJ(notasfastasRhinoonmyDeuce)

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #70 on: May 06, 2007, 10:38:53 AM »

good eye chief, i didnt notice that the first time
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #71 on: May 06, 2007, 11:13:40 AM »

Hee, Hee! Handlebars were just done a few weeks ago. I guess I know how that happened. But isn't there only a single plug, that can only go on one way, for the lights? Is it wired wrong? Interesting. If it's a single plug, it must have been wired wrong from the factory. Strange chit!

We had a great ride yesterday. Put a little over 350 more miles on. I'll get it on the Dyno this week and get those headlights fixed too.

Started by meeting Puzzled in NJ and rode up to Bear Mountain to meet AJ, Randy and Travis. We rode to Moroney's HD in Newburgh, NY. They were having their open house. Band, lots of bikes and free Hot Dogs and Soda! Lunchtime!! ;D Then we got on NY 52 and headed into the Catskills. We rode to Lake Huntington and had dinner at Pete's Pub, a favorite Watering Hole/Restaurant when I'm around there. We headed back on Rt 17 late in the day and split off in our own directions as we got to our exits.

Spent a couple of good days with AJ and look forward to doing it again. Maybe down South next time.

It was great riding with Puzzled. The boy can ride and had no trouble keeping any pace. I guess by now you see my riding is kinda like my posting. Fast as possible! ;D Had some great roads where we were really able to open them up. With the Deuce and Pick-up truck as anchors, we had a tough time getting over 110-115 for very long. But the pace was still 80-90 most of the time. And yes, Randy's 88" did really well keeping pace. it must be bone stock, like Otis'. ;D

2 weekends in a row metting members and riding with them. All great times. Now next weekend, I get to do it again. This time It'll be for 9 days! I cant wait and and hope to meet and ride with many more of you. And don't worry, we won't be doing a buck ten on the SLD/BRP. I'll slow the pace down to 90! ;)

See you all next weekend! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #72 on: May 06, 2007, 11:17:02 AM »

Hee, Hee! Handlebars were just done a few weeks ago. I guess I know how that happened. But isn't there only a single plug, that can only go on one way, for the lights? Is it wired wrong? Interesting. If it's a single plug, it must have been wired wrong from the factory. Strange chit!

It's 2 plugs, interchangeable. You'll just need to swap them to get rid of that cyclops look.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #73 on: May 06, 2007, 11:23:26 AM »

It's 2 plugs, interchangeable. You'll just need to swap them to get rid of that cyclops look.

Thanks Eagle Eye Chief. You're almost next on my hit list. First to meet a bunch in VA going down SLD/BRP. Then Chip in Charlotte. Then you and Pinkie are next Chief! Looking forward to finally meeting you. Unfortunately, my bike will be in Traxxion all day. If I can get the shop GW, maybe we can get some riding in anyway. You need to think of 2 dinners for us. The 14th, where am I taking you and Pinkie? And the 15th, CVO GTG Dinner. Anyone respond to that yet? See you in 10 days! :2vrolijk_21: Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #74 on: May 06, 2007, 12:21:50 PM »

Thanks Eagle Eye Chief. You're almost next on my hit list. First to meet a bunch in VA going down SLD/BRP. Then Chip in Charlotte. Then you and Pinkie are next Chief! Looking forward to finally meeting you. Unfortunately, my bike will be in Traxxion all day. If I can get the shop GW, maybe we can get some riding in anyway. You need to think of 2 dinners for us. The 14th, where am I taking you and Pinkie? And the 15th, CVO GTG Dinner. Anyone respond to that yet? See you in 10 days! :2vrolijk_21: Hoist! 8)

Howie, any idea when you'll be hitting town? Pinkie will be busy on the 14th, but I've got a pizza joint I'd like you to rate. It's run by a displaced yank, and they claim the best slice south of NYC. I'm sure they'd like to meet you, and get your dining review.

Not too much for the GTG except maybe VGirl and DAWG. FlyingWillie and TBone should be back from PC today. Maybe they'll pick up on the thread and join us.

Any idea what time you'll be rolling in on the 14th?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Page created in 0.176 seconds with 21 queries.