Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 29

Author Topic: BS topic  (Read 60849 times)

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
Re: BS topic
« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2007, 11:00:40 PM »

No it's not, it's an artform. Especially when you do it and the originator doesn't even know it. heeheehee

B B

I have been known to do that on occasion.  For amusement purposes only.  Mine.

I resisted the impulse to change your quote here, cuz whathehell, it woulda been too damn obvious. ;D
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2007, 11:00:56 PM »

No it's not, it's an artform. Especially when you do it and the originator doesn't even know it. heeheehee

B B

But when they do notice it's..............................................................BULL CHIT! ;D Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

JesterDecor

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2007, 10:11:26 PM »

But when they do notice it's..............................................................BULL CHIT! ;D Hoist! 8)

Ya spelled it wrong Howie and it's in the topic...dat's Bull"S"hit  ;D

NO worries...just bumping this up cuz HD KNOWS we all can spout more BS than this!
I like shiny stuff!

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #48 on: May 13, 2007, 06:10:52 AM »

Ok, the information I seek is probably buried in past threads somewhere in this site. I'll admit it, I'm too lazy to look it up. I've spent the weekened cleaning out the garage. If Hoist doesn't call my scooter a Garbage Barge, I figured I need to have room for his scooter.

First, about the garage. It's 28' or so, by 44' or so, three bay garage. Finished out with sheetrock etc. One bay is for my truck, one for Cheri's truck and one for the Jester. As you'all know, the CVO's come with a truckload of extra items. I'm always taking the lowers off, the TP off, and swapping parts back and forth. I bought an old Job box last year and keep a lot of the extras in that box. I still have extra motorcycle parts all over different shelves. OK, I'm just rambling here because I couldn't sleep. On to my question.

I'd love to purchase a motorcycle lift. The bay where I'd have the lift is 14' x 28' or so. The back wall is already full of shelves, the job box workbenches etc. Between that bay and the next bay is folding chairs etc. SO, I end up with open space of 10' x 24' or so. In that space right now is the WG and the Jester. The floor space is too valuable for a lift, but I sure as hell want one. Are any of the store bought lifts light enough they could be stood on end and rolled out of the way when not in use?
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2007, 06:14:18 AM »

Ok, the information I seek is probably buried in past threads somewhere in this site. I'll admit it, I'm too lazy to look it up. I've spent the weekened cleaning out the garage. If Hoist doesn't call my scooter a Garbage Barge, I figured I need to have room for his scooter.

First, about the garage. It's 28' or so, by 44' or so, three bay garage. Finished out with sheetrock etc. One bay is for my truck, one for Cheri's truck and one for the Jester. As you'all know, the CVO's come with a truckload of extra items. I'm always taking the lowers off, the TP off, and swapping parts back and forth. I bought an old Job box last year and keep a lot of the extras in that box. I still have extra motorcycle parts all over different shelves. OK, I'm just rambling here because I couldn't sleep. On to my question.

I'd love to purchase a motorcycle lift. The bay where I'd have the lift is 14' x 28' or so. The back wall is already full of shelves, the job box workbenches etc. Between that bay and the next bay is folding chairs etc. SO, I end up with open space of 10' x 24' or so. In that space right now is the WG and the Jester. The floor space is too valuable for a lift, but I sure as hell want one. Are any of the store bought lifts light enough they could be stood on end and rolled out of the way when not in use?

Sounds like you may be looking for a product that Kendon offers.  It's designed to be a portable lift.  Fold it down and use it when needed.  When not needed it folds up (a bit) and is made to stand up against a wall out of the way.

http://www.kendonindustries.co.uk/html/lift-cruiser-harley.html

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2007, 06:18:57 AM »

How much US money is £499.00*?
Have you ever seen one of these lifts? In the photo it looks MickeyMouse.

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2007, 06:24:34 AM »

I've got a fabrication shop, welders, press brakes, sheers lathes, end mills, and $50,000 of steel inventory.  I think if I put my head to it, I can build something specific to my needs/wants. Can I build it cheaper than i could purchase it? I doubt it, but, it'd be what I want.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #52 on: May 13, 2007, 06:26:49 AM »

How much US money is £499.00*?
Have you ever seen one of these lifts? In the photo it looks MickeyMouse.

Ooops, here is link to their US site.  Looks like $650.00 US. 

http://www.kendonusa.com/lift.htm#Cruiser_Lift

No, have never used one.  Have seen a heavyweight bike on one though.  Got a chance to shake it a bit and it all felt stable.  Then watched them roll off the bike and stand the thing up against a wall of the conference center where it was being displayed.

Can't say I was blown away by it.  But it seemed to do what it advertised itself as doing.

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #53 on: May 13, 2007, 06:27:35 AM »

Hmmmm,,,

I could come up with a winch system and winch a standard lift up in the ceiling area when not in use.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #54 on: May 13, 2007, 06:27:53 AM »

I've got a fabrication shop, welders, press brakes, sheers lathes, end mills, and $50,000 of steel inventory.  I think if I put my head to it, I can build something specific to my needs/wants. Can I build it cheaper than i could purchase it? I doubt it, but, it'd be what I want.

Well hell, just build a bike that jacks itself up and down when it needs servicing!

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #55 on: May 13, 2007, 06:28:57 AM »

LOL at jacking it up and down.

My neighbor has a large building for his toys and has a lift. BUT, who wants to go there? Not me.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #56 on: May 13, 2007, 06:31:47 AM »

LOL at jacking it up and down.

My neighbor has a large building for his toys and has a lift. BUT, who wants to go there? Not me.

What about one of those BestWay single post hydraulic lifts?  Post sinks in the floor so only thing occupying floor space is the lift plate itself.

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #57 on: May 13, 2007, 06:34:07 AM »

First question is how much excavating? Looking for a link.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #58 on: May 13, 2007, 06:35:24 AM »

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #59 on: May 13, 2007, 06:39:24 AM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 29

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 20 queries.