Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Author Topic: I'm done with San Diego H-D  (Read 7110 times)

SPIDERMAN

I'm done with San Diego H-D
« on: May 10, 2007, 06:33:29 PM »

Replaced the front fender on LD. When I removed the front wheel to get at the fender bolt clips, I discovered that the axle nut caps had been put back on using clear silicone, the last time the dealer ( San Diego H-D) worked on it. I told em today, I'm done. They finally reached my breaking point. I've been their staunchest support, taken chit from Beags and my other bros over em, but I'm done. $80 an hour for a factory trained mechanic to put a factory designed part on a factory built motorcycle in this manner. I'm done with San Diego H-D working on my bikes. Next warranty service I need it goes somewhere, anywhere else.  :soapbox:

B B

SEULTRA

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's all about riding ...
Re: I'm done with San Diego H-D
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2007, 06:37:29 PM »

They don't deserve your (or anyone elses) business. Incredible!

hogasm

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2007, 07:51:56 PM »

$80 an hour for them to screw your bike up, that's cheap. Here they charge $95 an hour to do the same thing.

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Road Glide (SOLD)
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2007, 08:12:09 PM »

That sucks. With a little luck you won't need anymore warranty work. :)
2023 CVO Road Glide
2003 Rigid Springer Chopper "Puzzle" Bike 26"

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2007, 08:44:26 PM »

$80 an hour for them to screw your bike up, that's cheap. Here they charge $95 an hour to do the same thing.

Yeah but Brian, you know what a big supporter I've been of SD H-D. I've posted a bunch of stuff about them on the site while my best bro Beagle has trashed them. He's right, I'm wrong. I'm admitting it in public and movin on.
(hey did I just make a rhyme?)   :D

B B

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2007, 08:51:40 PM »

You people still let dealers work on your bikes? :nixweiss: Scary chit man. There's nothing better than knowing and having a good relationship with your wrench! He will make sure he does right by you then. You can stand back there and watch everything. The shop becomes a great place to hang out. Joke, have a beer, and go watch your bike get Dyno Tuned for hours. I haven't used dealers for 20 years and even dread them touching it for warranty work. The 2 people you need to have the best relationships with are, the guy who wrenches your bike and the guy who cooks your food! This is my words of wisdom based on Hoist Logic (logic which most people don't understand)! ;) Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2007, 08:56:01 PM »

You people still let dealers work on your bikes? :nixweiss: Scary chit man. There's nothing better than knowing and having a good relationship with your wrench! He will make sure he does right by you then. You can stand back there and watch everything. The shop becomes a great place to hang out. Joke, have a beer, and go watch your bike get Dyno Tuned for hours. I haven't used dealers for 20 years and even dread them touching it for warranty work. The 2 people you need to have the best relationships with are, the guy who wrenches your bike and the guy who cooks your food! This is my words of wisdom based on Hoist Logic (logic which most people don't understand)! ;) Hoist! 8)
Howie,
I get to do all that at my dealership except drink beer during working hours. :nixweiss: Remember it's all about relatioinships. ;)

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2007, 09:02:40 PM »

Howie,
I get to do all that at my dealership except drink beer during working hours. :nixweiss: Remember it's all about relatioinships. ;)

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

d00d, consider youself special and lucky that you can get quality work there. You're the exception, not the rule! ;) Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2007, 09:04:15 PM »

d00d, consider youself special and lucky that you can get quality work there. You're the exception, not the rule! ;) Hoist! 8)
I do, and I know. I just wanted to yank your chain a little. ;) ;D

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2007, 09:25:11 PM »

Howie,
          Does taking the wrench to a steakhouse for lunch count ? No, how about buying pizza and soda for all 44 employees of the dealership ?  Or maybe a bottle of Grey Goose for the manager ?  DUDE, do not get me going on this subject. As to your comment about letting dealers work on your bike, if you've figured out a way to get the MoCo to pay you to do your own warranty work and you're not sharing it with your site bros then you're a selfish bastard  :o :oops:

B B

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2007, 09:45:57 PM »

Howie, some don't have an option.  My area is one example.  There's really not an indie shop here other than a couple of old fashioned under equipped dirty holes in the wall that probably hate to see anything as new as an Evo and think that electronic equates to supernatural.

That being so I take it a step farther than you do.  I've known my wrench for even longer.  I can hang out with him whenever I want.  He always buys the beer.  And while he rarely gives me chit, when he does he takes it back fairly.  In other words I work on my own.  That's a wrench I can trust.  But not everyone has the option of doing their own or having a real option outside the dealership.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2007, 09:51:01 PM »

Howie,
          Does taking the wrench to a steakhouse for lunch count ? No, how about buying pizza and soda for all 44 employees of the dealership ?  Or maybe a bottle of Grey Goose for the manager ?  DUDE, do not get me going on this subject. As to your comment about letting dealers work on your bike, if you've figured out a way to get the MoCo to pay you to do your own warranty work and you're not sharing it with your site bros then you're a selfish bastard  :o :oops:

B B

Brian, as well as you've enjoyed your relationship with the local shop in times past I personally have always hated this approach too.  If they really were a competent, professional, effective shop they should actually be insulted that someone thinks they have to be bribed to do good work. 

The professionals and quality tradesmen that occupy these positions should do well and do effectively because doing well and doing effectively is the right thing to do.  In the end game it's also the most efficient and easiest thing to do.  Getting that across to the masses is more trouble than it's worth sometimes though.  Equating a trained tradesman to a pizza delivery pup that needs to be tipped for getting your pie delivered before it's frigid, however, just shouldn't be necessary.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 01:37:06 AM by Twolanerider »

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2007, 09:51:36 PM »

Howie,

B B

You just summed up the HD Dealer Experience. I had to arrange my own clutch hub delivery by pulling strings to get it fixed. Then my PC caused my odometer to crap out. :o Yeah right! This is with a great relationship. If I get 2 years out of it, I'd be lucky. My ultimate secret, which I don't think will go over very well with the 7 yr w.....ty crowd is FTW! W=W.....ty! I was just talking about that tonight. I've been fixing broken chit for years on my own dime. Why should this be different. If I can get something fixed under W.....ty, fine. If  not, I ain't gonna whine about it here! I'll fix it right and move on. This very subject tonight was about crank runout, Timkin Bearings and welded flywheels. This won't be my first motor job, that's for sure. It'll give me an excuse to punch it to 124 anyway! ;D But it sounds like you got the Royal Screwing there, after trying to defend them. So, I'll leave this alone B B! Hoist! 8)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2007, 09:54:21 PM »

Howie, some don't have an option.  My area is one example.  There's really not an indie shop here other than a couple of old fashioned under equipped dirty holes in the wall that probably hate to see anything as new as an Evo and think that electronic equates to supernatural.

That being so I take it a step farther than you do.  I've known my wrench for even longer.  I can hang out with him whenever I want.  He always buys the beer.  And while he rarely gives me chit, when he does he takes it back fairly.  In other words I work on my own.  That's a wrench I can trust.  But not everyone has the option of doing their own or having a real option outside the dealership.
Don,
This is so very true. Even though I rely on my dealer for some service work because of the knowledge I've learned from here I feel more comfortable doing stuff on my bike. Until the time where I have all the tools and other related things (table lift, garage/shop) to be able to do the job myself I have to take it to the dealer.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2007, 10:13:20 PM »

Well I think anyone who's followed my posts knows I can do damn near anything when it comes to working on a bike. And what I can't do, Beagle can and does. So having said that, I have this dumbass habit of letting the dealer do stuff like changing out lower fork legs when the bike in question is three weeks old. I figure I don't need issues with them questioning my work until I've got some mileage and time on the bike. S'anyway, this is what I get in return. So I guess I go about the same distance north to BIGG's H-D as I've been going south to San Diego H-D for warranty work and do the rest myself.

B B
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Page created in 0.197 seconds with 24 queries.