Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8  All

Author Topic: Bitch of the day  (Read 10970 times)

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
Re: Bitch of the day
« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2007, 07:27:27 PM »

After the HD incident, I bought a vibrating sander from Lowes. I own a consruction business, so I charged it to our account there. We get a 10% discount. The sander was normally like $47. After the discount it was $42.30. I get it home, open it, and it's broke. Well chit. A week later, I'm through the area, and decided to take it back for a new one. I go to the service desk with the sander and the receipt. She first credits my account for the $47 by mistake. Then she gives me a $47 charge to void that $47 credit. The next time she is careful to take the 10% discount. she hands me the ticket to sign, and it's a charge rather than a credit. NO, I'm not signing that, it's a charge ticket. OOPS, so, she does another credit, this time with the 10% discount. I sign those two tickets but, wait for the next credit. She's like--What next credit? I just wrote you a credit. *rolling my eyes* I ask her to call the manager over after we argued a bit. Ever tried to argue with a (Fill in the blank). The manger goes through the list of tickets, listens to me, and tells the girl to write me another credit.

After getting squared away with the service desk finally, I go back to the tool section and get another sander just like the first one, hopefully not broke. I go to the cashier and tell her to charge it, and don't forget the 10% discount. She still forgot. Well, void that transaction and let's start over. NO! she can't do that, I'd have to take it to the service desk.

I mean, it's almost comical. I paid $5 more for the sander the second time. NO THANKS. No more service desk, please......................... I did get back to the office and sent a rather lengthy email to Lowe's web site. 6 Months later, I received a gift card for $25. 6 months? Will the insults ever cease?

H/B

Remind me to never go shopping with you if we are in a hurry!

;)

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2007, 07:30:45 PM »

After the HD incident, I bought a vibrating sander from Lowes. I own a consruction business, so I charged it to our account there. We get a 10% discount. The sander was normally like $47. After the discount it was $42.30. I get it home, open it, and it's broke. Well chit. A week later, I'm through the area, and decided to take it back for a new one. I go to the service desk with the sander and the receipt. She first credits my account for the $47 by mistake. Then she gives me a $47 charge to void that $47 credit. The next time she is careful to take the 10% discount. she hands me the ticket to sign, and it's a charge rather than a credit. NO, I'm not signing that, it's a charge ticket. OOPS, so, she does another credit, this time with the 10% discount. I sign those two tickets but, wait for the next credit. She's like--What next credit? I just wrote you a credit. *rolling my eyes* I ask her to call the manager over after we argued a bit. Ever tried to argue with a (Fill in the blank). The manger goes through the list of tickets, listens to me, and tells the girl to write me another credit.

After getting squared away with the service desk finally, I go back to the tool section and get another sander just like the first one, hopefully not broke. I go to the cashier and tell her to charge it, and don't forget the 10% discount. She still forgot. Well, void that transaction and let's start over. NO! she can't do that, I'd have to take it to the service desk.

I mean, it's almost comical. I paid $5 more for the sander the second time. NO THANKS. No more service desk, please......................... I did get back to the office and sent a rather lengthy email to Lowe's web site. 6 Months later, I received a gift card for $25. 6 months? Will the insults ever cease?

No.

That is the price you are paying for marrying the perfect woman. 
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

SOKOOLJ

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHRSE3
« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2007, 10:26:15 PM »

You all make excellent points, I blame the "zero tolerance" culture that corporate america has bestowed upon us. If you think on your own, you go down in flames if it isn't exactly what the boss wants. JMHO.

JesterDecor

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2007, 10:08:39 AM »

No.

That is the price you are paying for marrying the perfect woman. 

:D he told me all the bullsh....I mean info he was feedin ya yesterday.... I KNOW you're much smarter than to fall for that!! Altho perfect woman for HIM would be a good call! ( I do remind him daily so he don't fergit!)  :P
I like shiny stuff!

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2007, 03:39:14 PM »

I'm really liking this "Bitch of the Day" Thread. I have another bitch.

I'm always hearing people in the motorcyle world talk about "Posers". My first reaction is, Am I a "Poser"? If I am, what am I supposedly posing as?

I understand a poser could be a person who buys a HD and never rides it. They may trailer it everywhere they go.

I understand a poser could be a motorcyclist who wears all the leathers and dew rags and colors to pose as a member of a certain notorious club.

I ride my HD every chance I get. Have I ever trailered it? Damn straight. When it's 32 degrees here and 80 degrees in Florida I have, and certainly will again. I do prefer to ride it. I don't ride 100,000 miles a year. I have this bad habit of eating regularly that dictates I have a paying job.

I'm not a club member nor do I care to be. I'm not even a Hog member. I think I'm too proud to go by other people's rules. I'll ride when I want to, where I want to, how I want to. I have a leather vest with the HD eagle on it. Does that make me a poser? I wear a dew rag so I won't mess up my hair. Does that make me a poser since I'm not a club member? I do try and offset the "badboy" image of the dew rag and leather vest with Carhart overalls and red wing boots. I do have to admit, sometimes I'll miss 2 or 3 days shaving. does that make me a poser?

So, tell me, I sincerely wanna know, what is a poser?

It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

JesterDecor

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2007, 03:48:30 PM »

I'd answer but I'm still laughing about the part you said about messing up your hair!!

Plus I gave ya my cents already.... and ya KNOW I'm always right  :P
I like shiny stuff!

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2007, 03:55:35 PM »

I'd answer but I'm still laughing about the part you said about messing up your hair!!

Plus I gave ya my cents already.... and ya KNOW I'm always right  :P

I suppose you could call me a poser for telling you I was filthy rich before we got married. BUT, you should have known I wasn't 6' 10" tall and a former center for the NY knicks before ya married me.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2007, 04:09:19 PM »

My bitch is I'm stuck inside and not riding.....while my manager is playing golf, I'd rather be out posing riding, enjoying the wind in my dew rag, hair or whatever...................
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 04:11:06 PM by Rjob749 »

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #53 on: May 15, 2007, 04:14:32 PM »

The best way I can 'splain it is the Movie "Wild Hogs" The three main guys were "Posers" or in an earlier time "Yuppies" folks that have never lived the Hard Knock down life of a "Real" Biker so they just dress like one :)

I wear Motor clothes because my polyester doesn't hold up well in the highly unlikely event I was to get knocked off of the bike I'm "pose-in to Ride"   ;D

" Can't we all just get along"  :coolblue: :cucumber:

JesterDecor

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #54 on: May 15, 2007, 04:32:18 PM »

*skeered looks* ...we're not rich??? *grumblin, not after buying all the chrome!!*

Well, hell Ken, I'm only 5'2" and weigh as much as Rottie, and twice as mean. Plus ya know I believe EVERYTHING ya say!! *dreamy smiles*
I like shiny stuff!

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #55 on: May 15, 2007, 04:36:41 PM »

I'm really liking this "Bitch of the Day" Thread. I have another bitch.

I'm always hearing people in the motorcycle world talk about "Posers". My first reaction is, Am I a "Poser"? If I am, what am I supposedly posing as?

I understand a poser could be a person who buys a HD and never rides it. They may trailer it everywhere they go.

I understand a poser could be a motorcyclist who wears all the leathers and dew rags and colors to pose as a member of a certain notorious club.

I ride my HD every chance I get. Have I ever trailered it? Damn straight. When it's 32 degrees here and 80 degrees in Florida I have, and certainly will again. I do prefer to ride it. I don't ride 100,000 miles a year. I have this bad habit of eating regularly that dictates I have a paying job.

I'm not a club member nor do I care to be. I'm not even a Hog member. I think I'm too proud to go by other people's rules. I'll ride when I want to, where I want to, how I want to. I have a leather vest with the HD eagle on it. Does that make me a poser? I wear a dew rag so I won't mess up my hair. Does that make me a poser since I'm not a club member? I do try and offset the "badboy" image of the dew rag and leather vest with Carhart overalls and red wing boots. I do have to admit, sometimes I'll miss 2 or 3 days shaving. does that make me a poser?

Here's one possible definition by Urban Dictionary:  A once proud brand of motorcycles that were originally only owned by legit badasses back in the day. Sadly sometime in the `80s posers got into the act and Harley Davidson began to become more concerned with merchandising rather than building decent bikes and it became acceptable for doctors, lawyers, and fat bald guys having a midlife crisis to ride Harley's.

If you own a Harley Davidson edition anything you're not a bad-ass you're a pathetic poser urinating allover the once proud name of Harley Davidson. F@$kin' (edited by me) trendys always ruin everything.

Personally, I could give a chit what someone who considers themselves NOT to be a "poser" thinks about me owning HD's most expensive bike.  While I don't understand why somebody buys a motorcycle and then puts 1K on it a year, if they are able to ride after the purchase...I guess if I had to pigeon hole people as posers, those would be the ones, generally speaking.  I owned a panhead chopper in 70-72, had hair down to my ass, dilated pupils most of the time my eyes were open, and didn't care if the sun came up the next day.  Did that make me a "biker"....?

I'm not all that fat, and not entirely bald...I'm no lawyer or doctor, and I'm sure not rich.  I wear do-rags sometimes too, to keep people from seeing how screwed up my hair is from wearing a helmet for the last 4 hours, and to keep from sweating in the helmet so much (see: fat/bald).  I buy some HD clothing, even though I know it's overpriced, but I like some of the stuff.  I quit riding HD's after the panhead not because I didn't like Harley any more, I had other priorities, like paying my way through school.  So I drove VW Bugs, Honda bikes...that's all I could afford.  25+ years later I was in a position to go in debt for a HD of my dreams.  I love my bike and riding as much as anyone who thinks they are not a "poser".  I don't have the brand tattooed on my body anywhere...don't have any tats at all, in fact, as I've never seen anything I liked well enough to have it become a permanent part of my body 'till I die.  I've not been in many bar fights, or any kind of fights for that matter.  I've never felt the need to show anyone how tough I am.  I choose my real friends carefully, and don't need colors to remind me of who they are, or why.

Am I a "poser"?  Maybe in some people's eyes I am.  I love riding motorcycles.  I'd ride anything with two wheels and a motor and love doing that too, no matter the brand.  If that makes me less than a "real" biker, so be it.  Those who might think that about me would not be my friends in the first place, so f'em and feed 'em beans.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #56 on: May 15, 2007, 04:44:03 PM »

TC, I agree with everything you wrote! Ride on when ya can Bro!

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #57 on: May 15, 2007, 04:54:19 PM »

Here's one possible definition by Urban Dictionary:  A once proud brand of motorcycles that were originally only owned by legit badasses back in the day. Sadly sometime in the `80s posers got into the act and Harley Davidson began to become more concerned with merchandising rather than building decent bikes and it became acceptable for doctors, lawyers, and fat bald guys having a midlife crisis to ride Harley's.

If you own a Harley Davidson edition anything you're not a bad-ass you're a pathetic poser urinating allover the once proud name of Harley Davidson. F@$kin' (edited by me) trendys always ruin everything.

Personally, I could give a chit what someone who considers themselves NOT to be a "poser" thinks about me owning HD's most expensive bike.  While I don't understand why somebody buys a motorcycle and then puts 1K on it a year, if they are able to ride after the purchase...I guess if I had to pigeon hole people as posers, those would be the ones, generally speaking.  I owned a panhead chopper in 70-72, had hair down to my ass, dilated pupils most of the time my eyes were open, and didn't care if the sun came up the next day.  Did that make me a "biker"....?

I'm not all that fat, and not entirely bald...I'm no lawyer or doctor, and I'm sure not rich.  I wear do-rags sometimes too, to keep people from seeing how screwed up my hair is from wearing a helmet for the last 4 hours, and to keep from sweating in the helmet so much (see: fat/bald).  I buy some HD clothing, even though I know it's overpriced, but I like some of the stuff.  I quit riding HD's after the panhead not because I didn't like Harley any more, I had other priorities, like paying my way through school.  So I drove VW Bugs, Honda bikes...that's all I could afford.  25+ years later I was in a position to go in debt for a HD of my dreams.  I love my bike and riding as much as anyone who thinks they are not a "poser".  I don't have the brand tattooed on my body anywhere...don't have any tats at all, in fact, as I've never seen anything I liked well enough to have it become a permanent part of my body 'till I die.  I've not been in many bar fights, or any kind of fights for that matter.  I've never felt the need to show anyone how tough I am.  I choose my real friends carefully, and don't need colors to remind me of who they are, or why.

Am I a "poser"?  Maybe in some people's eyes I am.  I love riding motorcycles.  I'd ride anything with two wheels and a motor and love doing that too, no matter the brand.  If that makes me less than a "real" biker, so be it.  Those who might think that about me would not be my friends in the first place, so f'em and feed 'em beans.

A lot of Rage man glad you got it out , I'm old and can have all the hair I want I choose to look like this :)

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #58 on: May 15, 2007, 04:56:30 PM »

A lot of Rage man glad you got it out , I'm old and can have all the hair I want I choose to look like this :)

LOL VaZHog.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #59 on: May 15, 2007, 06:49:26 PM »

This latest " bitch " is amusing as hell to me on a very personal level. After 15 years of 1% club membership, I hung it up on 1/10/04. Had enough. So I have to turn in everything with the club logo on it which means hats, belts, t-shirts, sweatshirts, and of course my "colors "  So I got nothin at that point but it feels good to be free. So I go out and buy a bunch of Screamin Eagle and H-D stuff. Got called a newbie and a RUB a few times by folks with no clue who I am/was/will be/whatever. Made me laugh. I loved it when I joined this site and it said newbie next to my name. I wish it still did. The other day I ran into an old friend I hadn't seen since I was still flyin colors. I had on H-D everything "B B he says, what's happened to you ? "  I'm incognito and I like it that way " LOL So maybe I am a poser, a former outlaw posing as an ordinary citizen. Does that ring true to those of you who have met me ? Or was I an ordinary citizen posing as an outlaw for 15 years ?  Seems like a long time to keep up a ruse if you ask me. Or maybe, I am who I am was and always will be and it's just clothes.

B B
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8  All

Page created in 0.234 seconds with 20 queries.