Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8  All

Author Topic: New SERK Can't Take Hoist's Abuse!  (Read 14908 times)

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
Re: New SERK Can't Take Hoist's Abuse!
« Reply #60 on: May 30, 2007, 09:15:27 PM »

Howie,
Glad to hear the dealership is standing behind the 2 YEAR WARRANTY!  :orange: Seriously, it is discouraging to see so many problems surface on these new engines. It should not happen if they were designed and tested properly before releasing them to production and some questionable quality assurance.  :sauer055:

We're their test bed, and you're one of the test pilots man!  :2cr_01:

Hope your beautiful ride gets back out on the pavement shortly.
 :drink:
CHEERS!
Joe
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #61 on: May 30, 2007, 11:47:52 PM »

Howie,
Glad to hear the dealership is standing behind the 2 YEAR WARRANTY!  :orange: Seriously, it is discouraging to see so many problems surface on these new engines. It should not happen if they were designed and tested properly before releasing them to production and some questionable quality assurance.  :sauer055:

We're their test bed, and you're one of the test pilots man!  :2cr_01:

Hope your beautiful ride gets back out on the pavement shortly.
 :drink:
CHEERS!
Joe

Thanks so much Joe. I'm going in on Friday and hope to leave with an understanding on their resolution. First thing is crank runout. If it's good, we move forward. If not, they'll get a new one. I'll let you guys know. Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #62 on: May 31, 2007, 08:33:51 AM »

Thanks so much Joe. I'm going in on Friday and hope to leave with an understanding on their resolution. First thing is crank runout. If it's good, we move forward. If not, they'll get a new one. I'll let you guys know. Hoist! 8)

Lord help us all if Hoist needs a new motor.  :o

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #63 on: June 01, 2007, 04:37:24 PM »

Lord help us all if Hoist needs a new motor.  :o

I'd bet he'd get a 111.
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #64 on: June 02, 2007, 11:31:31 AM »

No 111 Motor Ken. Just keeping it bone stock! ::) Good meeting with dealer yesterday. Parts are being ordered for repairs and bike will go back on Wed for the work. No arguements over any issues and all issues will be dealt with. The issues are apparent and obvious to them too, so no squabbling over them. I hope they only have the bike a few days after the parts come in. Maybe when I'm done, the New SERK will be able to take Hoist's Abuse! Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #65 on: June 02, 2007, 11:35:58 AM »

No 111 Motor Ken. Just keeping it bone stock! ::) Good meeting with dealer yesterday. Parts are being ordered for repairs and bike will go back on Wed for the work. No arguements over any issues and all issues will be dealt with. The issues are apparent and obvious to them too, so no squabbling over them. I hope they only have the bike a few days after the parts come in. Maybe when I'm done, the New SERK will be able to take Hoist's Abuse! Hoist! 8)

The issues are willfully obvious to them now.  Before they were still making up bullchit about Power Commanders and speedometer displays.

Still looking forward to the sequel though.  SERK II: The Resurrection.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #66 on: June 02, 2007, 11:43:00 AM »

The issues are willfully obvious to them now.  Before they were still making up bullchit about Power Commanders and speedometer displays.

Still looking forward to the sequel though.  SERK II: The Resurrection.

Me too Don, and hopefully that thread will be much more pleasant! ;) Hoist! 8)

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #67 on: June 02, 2007, 04:55:45 PM »

Don't worry Don, Howie says "I'll be back."  :2vrolijk_21:

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #68 on: June 07, 2007, 11:11:35 AM »

Don't worry Don, Howie says "I'll be back."  :2vrolijk_21:

And not on a Fatboy either! How about "SERK3, Back With A Vengeance"! ;) Hoist! 8)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #69 on: June 19, 2007, 11:05:00 AM »

Let's start again on a positive note. I dropped the bike off this morning. First order of business is checking crank runout. Hopefully they're pulling the cam chest apart today to check that. If it's OK, on to the next step. Take Top End apart to do head gaskets, clearance rocker boxes and install cams and TB. They're also finally replacing the Speedo/Tach and Oil Temp/Level Dipstick. SM seems to genuinely want to do the right thing and has his own reservations on these 110" engines. But his attitude is that you're spending top dollar for their Flagship and deserve a properly running bike. Kudos to Frank! Let's hope the Head Tech there, who's doing the work, feels the same. He's a hard to read kinda guy, but knows his chit. If he combines that with giving a chit, it should come out good. All I can do is hope and wait now!

Hoist! 8)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #70 on: June 19, 2007, 12:18:56 PM »

Let's start again on a positive note. I dropped the bike off this morning. First order of business is checking crank runout. Hopefully they're pulling the cam chest apart today to check that. If it's OK, on to the next step. Take Top End apart to do head gaskets, clearance rocker boxes and install cams and TB. They're also finally replacing the Speedo/Tach and Oil Temp/Level Dipstick. SM seems to genuinely want to do the right thing and has his own reservations on these 110" engines. But his attitude is that you're spending top dollar for their Flagship and deserve a properly running bike. Kudos to Frank! Let's hope the Head Tech there, who's doing the work, feels the same. He's a hard to read kinda guy, but knows his chit. If he combines that with giving a chit, it should come out good. All I can do is hope and wait now!

Hoist! 8)

Good luck buddy.   Hope they don't take forever and get it right  :2vrolijk_21: .

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #71 on: June 19, 2007, 12:26:06 PM »

Hoist! 8)

Hoist - its a pain to have to wait for an engine repair, but considering you will have more peace of mind with it all done right does make it a positive.  Your SERK will be stronger than ever, and ready for more Hoist abuse (fun!).

Best of luck & hope you get it back soon.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #72 on: June 19, 2007, 12:42:46 PM »

Good luck buddy.   Hope they don't take forever and get it right  :2vrolijk_21: .

Thanks Don. They're shooting for this weekend. That would be great. But anytime before next weekend would be fine. I'm going up to Mechanicsville to Joe's for tuning it that weekend. I guess I'll need the bike for that! ::)

Thanks iski! I don't mind the downtime if it's not ridiculous. As long as the bike is right when I get it back!

Hoist! 8)

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #73 on: June 19, 2007, 08:46:53 PM »

Best wises on the repairs Howie!!  :2vrolijk_21:

And, don't they adjust your TWO-YEAR WARRANTY as well?  :bananarock:

Joe

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #74 on: June 20, 2007, 08:39:38 PM »

Thanks Joe, yeah, they'll adjust that 2 yr. w.....ty OK! ::)

Today's progress roport: NONE! That's right, 0 progress! Not even on the lift yet! Yeah right, I'll get it back on Friday! ::) I guess I better cancel this weekend's tuning appointment! :o Damn! >:( Here we go again! ;) Hoist! 8)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8  All

Page created in 0.186 seconds with 24 queries.