Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 24

Author Topic: Bitubo Shock Upgrade  (Read 89648 times)

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
Re: Bitubo Shock Upgrade
« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2007, 09:35:52 PM »

I just spoke to Dan and he's waiting on your return, Chief, to do some in-house testing before he orders them for us. They want to confirm that the spring rates are adequate to handle the max loads of these bikes. If a custom spring is required to stiffen them up a little, it will probably result in a higher price. I just want them right. If we need a custom spring, so be it! We can't spend this kind of money and still be bottoming out! After Chuck goes back there, they'll do some testing in-house, and probably place the order with BiTubo next week. They said they need 5 FL orders to get them for us. He has my name and shock ht. req'ts. for my reservation. How many others have called so far? Do we have the 5 yet? Please post here if you've reserved your set with them, so we know he'll be ordering them next week! ;) Hoist! 8)

Or, be rubbing on the bags.  I'll consider the purchase when we have resolution to this issue, not before.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2007, 12:36:50 AM »

Or, be rubbing on the bags.  I'll consider the purchase when we have resolution to this issue, not before.

Don't want to get so personal as to further inquire about whatever it is that is rubbing 103's bag and what purchase is predicated on that.  But as for buying shocks; I'm with 103's bag.  Wouldn't begin to have an interest until it's know for sure the contact issues in fact are no issue.

Howie, you're going to hard bags too.  You better not jump the gun too far here brother.  Might find yourself marking up those bags you've got out getting paint right now.

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2007, 08:23:33 AM »

I just spoke to Dan and he's waiting on your return, Chief, to do some in-house testing before he orders them for us. They want to confirm that the spring rates are adequate to handle the max loads of these bikes. If a custom spring is required to stiffen them up a little, it will probably result in a higher price. I just want them right. If we need a custom spring, so be it! We can't spend this kind of money and still be bottoming out! After Chuck goes back there, they'll do some testing in-house, and probably place the order with BiTubo next week. They said they need 5 FL orders to get them for us. He has my name and shock ht. req'ts. for my reservation. How many others have called so far? Do we have the 5 yet? Please post here if you've reserved your set with them, so we know he'll be ordering them next week! ;) Hoist! 8)

I finally got hold of them earlier yesterday and chatted with Dan. They got a real toad strangler on Friday, so it was a good thing I didn't go.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2007, 08:45:22 AM »

Thanks for the heads up Don. Chief, did you try turning them upside down yet? If that didn't help, what's the resolution to the saddlebag interference? Have you discovered anything else with these shocks? Seems like there's a lot of interest in them, but the fitment issue is a major concern of people. I'd hate to spend all that money on my Hard Bags and have them damaged by the shocks. Any further help you can provide on this would be appreciated. Thanks. Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2007, 09:14:03 AM »

I'll bet you 10:1 that the problem will be solved with turning the shocks over.  All the stickers on the shocks are put on to read with the reservoir on the bottom.  If I was putting them on a bagger, it would make no difference to me...on the V, they look odd that way.

You know the Italians....always thinking of keeping the weight lower for the CG.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #50 on: June 13, 2007, 09:22:06 AM »

I'll bet you 10:1 that the problem will be solved with turning the shocks over.  All the stickers on the shocks are put on to read with the reservoir on the bottom.  If I was putting them on a bagger, it would make no difference to me...on the V, they look odd that way.

You know the Italians....always thinking of keeping the weight lower for the CG.

That would sure be a simple cure. It makes no difference to me either which way to mount them. Waiting to see if that helped, I guess. Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2007, 09:24:13 AM »

Thanks for the heads up Don. Chief, did you try turning them upside down yet? If that didn't help, what's the resolution to the saddlebag interference? Have you discovered anything else with these shocks? Seems like there's a lot of interest in them, but the fitment issue is a major concern of people. I'd hate to spend all that money on my Hard Bags and have them damaged by the shocks. Any further help you can provide on this would be appreciated. Thanks. Hoist! 8)

Not yet. Too much load bearing stuff going on here with the brick issue to mess with them yet. I'll do it today or tomorrow before I go to Traxxion on Friday.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #52 on: June 13, 2007, 10:49:09 AM »

That would sure be a simple cure. It makes no difference to me either which way to mount them. Waiting to see if that helped, I guess. Hoist! 8)

Howie...because the reservoir is filled with dry nitrogen and not fluid, the shock itself doesn't care which way it's mounted.  Doesn't have any effect on the operation.  Hopefully, this will be the solution to that issue for those who are interested in them.  If I did not have the Legends, and did not need them because of my inseam, these would be going on my scooter.  I really like them on the V...the more I ride it, the more I'm liking both the rear and the front.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #53 on: June 13, 2007, 06:17:49 PM »

Normal

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #54 on: June 13, 2007, 06:20:40 PM »

Inverted. Kind of funky to look at, but gets the chrome knuckle to the top where it will be visible instead of being hidden down behind the bags. Now, will the resevoir be out of harms way? Will the knuckle still interfere with the docking point? Scroll down to see.

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #55 on: June 13, 2007, 06:22:06 PM »

Top chrome knuckle is smaller than the black one, so no more interference with the docking point.

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #56 on: June 13, 2007, 06:23:21 PM »

Looks like there is a lot more space between the saddlebag and the resevoir.

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #57 on: June 13, 2007, 06:26:43 PM »

Bottom shot clearly showing there is NO WAY possible the resevoir will hit the bag. And, the Bitubo label is readable.

Final conclusion is that these shocks fit nicely when you mount them in what I would call upside-down fashion. Maybe the Itallians knew something when they chromed only one knuckle and put the label on the way they did.

Now that the fitment issues are taken care of, Howie can go ahead and place his order.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #58 on: June 13, 2007, 06:27:19 PM »

Chuck,
Appears problem is resolved. Can you see any issues with running shocks this way?

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #59 on: June 13, 2007, 06:32:24 PM »

Chuck,
Appears problem is resolved. Can you see any issues with running shocks this way?

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

D00d, I have been told by Traxxion that they will mount however I want to mount them. I think the chrome knuckle and label imply Bitubo's intention to put them on this way. I just naturally hung them the other.

There is one small issue, and that is pre-load adjustments will probably be a bit tougher to make this way, and I think the threads will be more likely to pick up road debris. Being up top they are offered a bit more protection.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 24

Page created in 0.175 seconds with 24 queries.