Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: How to get a BSR?  (Read 3771 times)

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
Re: How to get a BSR?
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2007, 02:09:34 PM »

We do iski? ::) Beeble Bobble Binxie seems to enjoy it! ;D Hoist! 8)

Beeble Bobble Binxie enjoys it - great!  My BSR has been through Deals Gap and lotsa twisties plus interstate riding at 80+ to ?  But she does not enjoy the twisties as much when I cruise at anything much beyond regular warp speed, which is usually faster than most of our group rides without BSRs.

On our last ride in the mountains (last week) I heard comments about how folks could still see my tail lights even when I was waaaaaay far ahead of the pack with nobody close behind.  So they must be bright, I suppose.   :bananarock: :bananarock: :bananarock:

Not sure if that is Hoist-speed or not though.   :nixweiss:
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2007, 02:11:15 PM »

I've had the scoot up to 110 with Suzanne on the back a few times, but only for a few seconds.  It just gets uncomfortable for her back there because of the turbulent air.  I try to keep it 85 and below...typical cruising speed with a BSR is 78mph on the Interstate/State Hwys.  She never complains no matter what though, mostly because she can't really tell how fast we're going and doesn't bother looking at the Speedometer over my shoulder.  She's a great BSR...actually, I enjoy having her back there all the time on the Ultra.  She loves it as much as I do.

Similar comments with Lisa on back, Terry.  She loves to ride and I love having her on the back - but there are exceptions.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2007, 02:20:34 PM »

Always exceptions, Mike...boys will be boys, after all.  Last time I got a f'in ticket though, thanks to the great state of Kentucky's Storm Troopers.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2007, 02:26:07 PM »

Jawjah troopers like to stop me in the car for license checks and assorted profiling issues unrelated to speeding - usually.

Never been stopped on this bike Terry - had a few fellers in the bubblegum machine topped official vehicles wag a finger at me a time or three.

BRPkway saw a lot of folks stopped who had blistered on past us - not the smartest place to travel at warp speed.  Maybe I have slowed down some or have just been lucky lately.  Will find out more by this time next week.  :pepper:  :huepfenjump3: :pepper:  :huepfenjump3: :pepper:

JesterDecor

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2007, 03:02:19 PM »

Just wanted to say....BSR's ROCK!!!!!  ;D

/another shameless plug  :P
I like shiny stuff!

harleydiva

« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2007, 03:17:28 PM »

I've had the scoot up to 110 with Suzanne on the back a few times, but only for a few seconds.  It just gets uncomfortable for her back there because of the turbulent air.  I try to keep it 85 and below...typical cruising speed with a BSR is 78mph on the Interstate/State Hwys.  She never complains no matter what though, mostly because she can't really tell how fast we're going and doesn't bother looking at the Speedometer over my shoulder.  She's a great BSR...actually, I enjoy having her back there all the time on the Ultra.  She loves it as much as I do.

I love the speed...you just think I don't know how fast you're going.   ;)

harleydiva

« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2007, 03:20:38 PM »

Always exceptions, Mike...boys will be boys, after all.  Last time I got a f'in ticket though, thanks to the great state of Kentucky's Storm Troopers.

And just HOW fast were you going?   :o   ;D

I've heard it said from other BSR's that they "know" that their man drives faster when we're not on the back.   ;)   

deepsoutheagle

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 red seeg2
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2007, 03:24:28 PM »

Hey JD and alllllll yalllllll other dudes and dudettes.    JD I will tell you how I get my BSR to get on. Alls I have to do is hit that magic button on the right handlebar that says START !!!!!!!!!!!
ride it like you stole it, then stop for beer

harleydiva

« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2007, 03:25:23 PM »

HHMMMM....maybe you should change the thread topic to WHY be a BSR??  :huepfenlol2:

I wouldn't have the first clue how to get someone that has their own bike be interested in being a BSR. I really think it's just personal preference. I have no interest in riding on my own and enjoy the BSR experience. I've never had a "need for speed" and only drive the cage when I have to. I know there's others that LOVE to get behind the wheel too, I'd rather be a passenger. I guess everyone has things that make them happy and feel freedom. Mine just happens to be in the back seat soaking up the scenery? Luckily it works perfectly for me and HB.

I think it's awesome to see a chick riding her own bike. I admire their abilities tremendously. Keep on ridin' girls! As much as they enjoy riding their on bikes, I immensly enjoy riding in the backseat! So props to all the wimmens where ever they may ride!!  :huepfenlol2:

Just like the different scoots, people are wired differently.  I too think it's awesome to see a chick riding her own bike and admire them.  Sometimes I wish I could throw caution to the wind (no pun intended) and get my own bike.  However, I do REALLY enjoy being a BSR and am not ashamed of it.  After all, can't look around as much, meditate, or sleep while driving.   ;)   I prefer sitting on my "throne".    :D

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2007, 03:26:01 PM »

Hey JD and alllllll yalllllll other dudes and dudettes.    JD I will tell you how I get my BSR to get on. Alls I have to do is hit that magic button on the right handlebar that says START !!!!!!!!!!!
The ole "magic button". :2vrolijk_21: :D

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

JesterDecor

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2007, 03:27:19 PM »

DSE!!!!! Great to see ya got that online thing working agin!! Damn being on the outskirts of a rural community (is that technically the stix??)  :huepfenlol2:

HELLLL yeah, and ya tell her I'm going too (and HB of course)??? YE-f*cking-HAW!!!!!!!   :P
« Last Edit: June 01, 2007, 03:28:00 PM by Fired00d »
I like shiny stuff!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2007, 04:08:03 PM »

DSE!!!!! Great to see ya got that online thing working agin!! Damn being on the outskirts of a rural community (is that technically the stix??)  :huepfenlol2:

HELLLL yeah, and ya tell her I'm going too (and HB of course)??? YE-f*cking-HAW!!!!!!!   :P

Where the hell ya been Ed? I thought I skeered ya away when you heard I found real Ribs in NYC! ;D How's it going man? Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

REGGAB

« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2007, 05:16:47 PM »

Where the hell ya been Ed? I thought I skeered ya away when you heard I found real Ribs in NYC! ;D How's it going man? Hoist! 8)

I suppose my BSR is gonna want to get out on the scoot this evening.  'bout to leave here and go find out.  I could use a good ride.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.164 seconds with 20 queries.