Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8  All

Author Topic: Stephanie  (Read 15665 times)

REGGAB

Re: Stephanie
« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2007, 06:16:34 PM »

Hey REGGAB, I my self had a pretty hard teenage life.  At the age of 14 I was diagnosed with AVN (too lazy to spell it all out).  So I know what pain is involved with that, at the age of 24 (5 years ago) I had to have a full left hip replacement, and had to relearn to walk at the same time my nephew was learing.  So what that lead to too was many days of a train consisting of myself, my nephew, and my 16 yo Shih-tzu doing laps back and forth in the house.  To endure all your daughter has is remarkable, and I hope it only improves, if she ever wants anyone who as been through the same troubles and pains as herself tell her to drop me a line at uncbaboy@gmail.com.  I may not have neem through all she has but I have a good idea.  You and your family are in my families thoughts, good luck and good health.

Tommy

Hi Tommy!  Thank you very much for your warm thoughts and wellwishes.  Sounds to me like you had Perthes Disease, which is non-trauma induced Avascular Necrosis (AVN) of the hip.  As previously mentioned, Stef's AVN was trauma induced.  As you can see from the huge exfix on her left hip, she is going through the Perthes Disease treatment protocol, which was basically the only rehabilitative procedure she hasn't endured, since everything else has either failed, or caused other undesirable effects.  The reason she is going through the Perthes Disease protocol is to help her regain the ROM she lost during her Free Vascularized Fibular Graft of FEB 2005.  She couldn't extend her leg more than 10 degrees from the verticle, so her orthopod consulted with colleagues, and it was decided that the tendon releases performed during the Perthes Disease protocol would greatly increase the ROM in her hip.  It looks like she is going to have success this time, because when that lock bar is in, she is as straight as a piece of calibrated granite.  Anyway, I'll pass your info to her.  Thanks again for your wellwishes.

BalDeagle

• FLHRSE3 Candy Cobalt with Pale Gold Leafing Graphics
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do it today, tomorrow may be too late......
« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2007, 06:48:31 PM »

Thank you very much, Nige, for your warm thoughts and wellwishes.  BTW, Hoist tells me you're a single malt man.  Stop by sometime.  I have a cabinet full of The Glenlivet 12, 15 French Oak, and 18, with which I'm sure I'll need help consuming! :2vrolijk_21:

I don't need a second invitation for that. Where the heck is Meridianville anyway ?

Guess you will become part of the pickup ride for next year. I have been drinking a fantastic Glenlivet 12 year old first fill from Bourbon Casks just lately - it is the business. better see if i can save you one for next year. (That could be difficult !!!)

;D

Nige
« Last Edit: June 03, 2007, 04:27:26 AM by ahog110 SERK »
Don't leave it until tomorrow, do it today !

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander
Doherty PowerPacc + PowerVents + Mystfree
Vance & Hines Slip ons + V & H True Duals
Lots of other shiny bits!

REGGAB

« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2007, 08:15:06 PM »

I don't need a second invitation for that. Where the heck is Meridianville anyway ?

Guess you will become part of the pickup ride for next year. I have been drinding a fantastic Glenlivet 12 year old first fill from Bourbon Casks just lately - it is the business. better see if i can save you one for next year. (That could be difficult !!!)

;D

Nige

Meridianville is about 7 miles north of Huntsville, Alabama on US HWY 231/431.  I've pin marked my house on the map in my profile.  I hope to become part of the pickup ride for next year.  Glenlivet from Bourbon Casks sounds very good.  Each year around Christmas time, Renea allows me to order a Glenlivet 21 year old.  It doesn't last long, and I've never shared it, since I normally keep mum about it.  Plus, it takes the Class VI store a pretty good while to find one and get it to me.  Usually the box is dusty, but I always manage to get a box once a year.  It costs a quarter of a day's pay, but it is well worth it.  Perhaps I can cut back in other discretionary spending this year, get two, and save one for your visit.  I really do like the single malts.

Garznhogs

• Elite CVO Member
  • $$$ heals all

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG
« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2007, 09:57:33 PM »

Henry, what a beautiful smile on a great girl! I don't know that I could smile like that if I had to go through those tribulations. God bless you and your family. I'll be praying for all of you.
Jerry
Ness Big Sucker, SuperTrapp 2:1, SERT, Dyno by Cycle-Rama = 107 hp, 108.5 tq. And that's all I need. Oh, wait... a working radio would be nice.

REGGAB

« Reply #49 on: June 02, 2007, 10:23:59 PM »

Henry, what a beautiful smile on a great girl! I don't know that I could smile like that if I had to go through those tribulations. God bless you and your family. I'll be praying for all of you.
Jerry

Jerry, thank you very much!  I'll be sure she knows you said that.  She is a very strong young lady.  She's been through alot, but you know what they say............that which doesn't kill us only makes us stronger.  No wonder she possesses such strength.  Thank you for your thoughts, prayers and wellwishes.

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #50 on: June 03, 2007, 05:47:45 AM »

Prayers and great wishes to your entire family.  Thank you for sharing your life story with us.  It means a lot.  Actually, thanks to all of your sharing very personal life stories.  No wonder this is such a great site.  There is lots here about our CVO bikes, but there is so much more here about our loves, lives and passions. 

:cherry:

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #51 on: June 03, 2007, 05:55:59 AM »

That's one tough little girl, I hope everything works out fine for your family, I will remember her in my prayers and best wishes tp you all, Steph looks as though she'll break some hearts.   It is great to see her up and about.

REGGAB

« Reply #52 on: June 03, 2007, 08:20:50 AM »

Prayers and great wishes to your entire family.  Thank you for sharing your life story with us.  It means a lot.  Actually, thanks to all of your sharing very personal life stories.  No wonder this is such a great site.  There is lots here about our CVO bikes, but there is so much more here about our loves, lives and passions. 

:cherry:

Thanks Candy!

REGGAB

« Reply #53 on: June 03, 2007, 08:24:12 AM »

That's one tough little girl, I hope everything works out fine for your family, I will remember her in my prayers and best wishes tp you all, Steph looks as though she'll break some hearts.   It is great to see her up and about.

Thanks Smiler.  Your thoughts and prayers are very much appreciated.  We're hoping hearts are the only things she'll be breaking, and I for one hope she breaks alot of them until she gets through her undergraduate degree.  We're pretty stoked about her drive and prognosis.  Thanks again.

REGGAB

Re: Stephanie (GREAT NEWS) UPDATE!!!!!!!
« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2007, 01:01:27 PM »

Mornin' everyone!
Renea took Stef down to UAB Children's Hospital this morning for a follow-up appointment.  The external fixator is scheduled for surgical removal on 27 JULY 2007!!!!!  WOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO!  I'm SO Stoked!  And you can only imagine how great Stef feels seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.  Measurements today:  -10 degrees extension, 98 degrees flexion.  No binding, ratcheting or pain.  GR8 Stuff!  Appears your thoughts, prayers and vibes are paying HUGE dividends for my daughter.  Thanks!!!!!  :2vrolijk_21: :orange: :mango: :bananarock: :apple: :jalapeno: :cucumber: :pineapple: :pepper:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #55 on: June 19, 2007, 01:05:04 PM »

Mornin' everyone!
Renea took Stef down to UAB Children's Hospital this morning for a follow-up appointment.  The external fixator is scheduled for surgical removal on 27 JULY 2007!!!!!  WOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO!  I'm SO Stoked!  And you can only imagine how great Stef feels seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.  Measurements today:  -10 degrees extension, 98 degrees flexion.  No binding, ratcheting or pain.  GR8 Stuff!  Appears your thoughts, prayers and vibes are paying HUGE dividends for my daughter.  Thanks!!!!!  :2vrolijk_21: :orange: :mango: :bananarock: :apple: :jalapeno: :cucumber: :pineapple: :pepper:

Great news Henry! We'll just have to keep her in our thoughts so she gets better even quicker! You guys gotta be psyched about this progress! :2vrolijk_21: Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #56 on: June 19, 2007, 01:18:47 PM »

Keep it up!  It's great to hear this type of news!
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

harleydiva

« Reply #57 on: June 19, 2007, 01:50:45 PM »

Mornin' everyone!

Henry, that is GREAT news!   :2vrolijk_21:

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #58 on: June 19, 2007, 02:08:54 PM »

... Appears your thoughts, prayers and vibes are paying HUGE dividends for my daughter.  Thanks!!!!!  :2vrolijk_21: :orange: :mango: :bananarock: :apple: :jalapeno: :cucumber: :pineapple: :pepper:

Fantastic news.  Stephanie, keep up the good work.  We are all cheering you on.   :bananarock:

Hobo

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #59 on: June 19, 2007, 02:14:12 PM »

Mornin' everyone!

Thats really great Henry! I'm so glad to hear it. I'll be thinking about yall. Keep us posted.

Hobo :2vrolijk_21:
2001 Screamin' Eagle Road Glide (FLTRSEI2)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8  All

Page created in 0.274 seconds with 20 queries.