Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18

Author Topic: New 2008 CVO early release to the Press  (Read 19900 times)

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
Re: New 2008 CVO early release to the Press
« Reply #225 on: July 03, 2007, 12:49:32 PM »

There are 7 or 8 on the floor at Rossmeyers Horn Lake, MS showroom. They all have a/c medallions that say Thunder Mountain Choppers by Harley Davidson (or something close to that) Didn't pay much attention because there were no prices on anything and if you asked a price, the salesman he had a real chit attitude. I did ask about a very interesting 06 bagger w/ a nice custom paint job, to which he replied "what would you give?" I said 25 and he said "that would make a decent down payment, try at least 65". At that point I walked out laughing and never went back. It was not a Thunder Mountain, just an 06 RK with a few extras and a nice custom paint job. Appeared to me like they thought the paint job was worth about 50K but from what I've heard, everything there is priced like that. I guess there are enough dumb ass rich people that wander through there and put them on their Visa or American Express cards. :nixweiss:

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #226 on: July 03, 2007, 12:55:52 PM »

There are 7 or 8 on the floor at Rossmeyers Horn Lake, MS showroom. They all have a/c medallions that say Thunder Mountain Choppers by Harley Davidson (or something close to that) Didn't pay much attention because there were no prices on anything and if you asked a price, the salesman he had a real chit attitude. I did ask about a very interesting 06 bagger w/ a nice custom paint job, to which he replied "what would you give?" I said 25 and he said "that would make a decent down payment, try at least 65". At that point I walked out laughing and never went back. It was not a Thunder Mountain, just an 06 RK with a few extras and a nice custom paint job. Appeared to me like they thought the paint job was worth about 50K but from what I've heard, everything there is priced like that. I guess there are enough dumb ass rich people that wander through there and put them on their Visa or American Express cards. :nixweiss:
That sounds like a Rucker Performance Custom Motorcycle. Rucker's takes used Police Bikes and mod the engines up and stick a fancy paint job on them, and they are sold exclusively by (as Big B would put it) "Fat Bastard". Between the mark up from Rucker's and add to that Rossmeyer's mark up I would imagine they probably would ask 65K for it. Sad part about it as you mention somebody will pay it. :(

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #227 on: July 03, 2007, 01:06:25 PM »

.... At that point I walked out laughing and never went back. It was not a Thunder Mountain, just an 06 RK with a few extras and a nice custom paint job. ...

The very same set up at Colonial HD about 5 miles from our house.  (We seldom go there)

This spring there was a not horribly interesing Ultra sitting on the floor with a $72,000 tag on it.  It was a used bike.  When asking WT?????,  was told it was the dealer's bike, he had the parts and service guys partner together and just put one of everything they could think of on it, now he was trying to offload it at full retail price of each and every part.  Go Figure!!!!

They have those "supposed HD choppers" there too.  I know we have talked about this a lot in the past, but a HD bike is indeed a HD bike.  A CVO is a CVO. 

All others are just imitations. 
There may be a lot of nice imitations, but they are what they are. 
Imitations.

If someone wants to plop down their $60,000 on an imitation, it is a free world.  So long as they understand that they did not buy a Harley Davidson motorcycle, and for us here at CVO Harley, they did not buy one of HD's Custom Vehicle Operation motorcycles.   They are not bad people, or even necesarily misinformed about their purchase.  But, we who did make a decision to purchase a HD CVO, and then join this site to glean understanding of what we have, what we can do and share a family spirit of comraderie, know that they are not buying what we have bought.  They do not have a CVO motorcycle.   

To each their own.

:cherry:

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #228 on: July 03, 2007, 01:59:16 PM »

Last Sunday I visited a dealer near me.  They had two of each 07 CVOs except for the SERKs.
In addition they had an 07 Skreamin Eagle V Rod... so it was marked.  It was an 07 by the VIN and it had the skins that said SE VRod.  It was priced $20K new.   What made this an obvious fake was that 15 feet away was a real used 2005 SE Vrod with 2000 miles at $25K. 

They are still marking up 07s and have a sh*t load like every other dealer around.  They have 04s priced at 18K!

Buyer beware!

Any day on the bike is a good day.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #229 on: July 03, 2007, 02:04:42 PM »

The very same set up at Colonial HD about 5 miles from our house.  (We seldom go there)

If someone wants to plop down their $60,000 on an imitation, it is a free world.  So long as they understand that they did not buy a Harley Davidson motorcycle, and for us here at CVO Harley, they did not buy one of HD's Custom Vehicle Operation motorcycles.   They are not bad people, or even necesarily misinformed about their purchase.  But, we who did make a decision to purchase a HD CVO, and then join this site to glean understanding of what we have, what we can do and share a family spirit of comraderie, know that they are not buying what we have bought.  They do not have a CVO motorcycle.   

To each their own.

:cherry:

A very interesting post there Mrs. We!

The most important message I read from it was,

"To each their own."

So very true!

I have one of those rather expensive (by my standards) bikes that uses mostly Harley parts.
No imitation there, it is and always will be the very first Frontier softtail dresser sold to the public.
Again, no imitation there because Harley has never produced a softtail dresser with hard bags and fairing and even discounting the exclusive never available on a production Harley, the 120 motor.

Nancy and I came to this site when I owned a 2005 SEEG. Through that period we made friends with many many people from north to south and from coast to coast. I sold that bike to move on to the Frontier. Notice I said to move on, not move up! I didn't know (or realize) that when the SEEG was gone I had to give up the friends also. If thats the case then I will have to challenge the system again (damnit) because the friends I have made here, I consider friends for life no matter what they or I ride. What's important is that we do ride!

I know I don't have a CVO bike, but Mrs. We as you said,
"To each their own"
I respect your right to have your opinion and only ask this.
If by not owning a bike produced by Harley Davidson and labeled CVO you feel we are not worthy of being on this site dedicated to CVO's please tell me.

As a man 53 years old I go where I want to go. As a man that believes giving respect is more important than getting it I try not to go where I'm not wanted!

"To each their own"

:2vrolijk_21:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #230 on: July 03, 2007, 02:10:39 PM »

A very interesting post there Mrs. We!

The most important message I read from it was,

"To each their own."

So very true!

I have one of those rather expensive (by my standards) bikes that uses mostly Harley parts.
No imitation there, it is and always will be the very first Frontier softtail dresser sold to the public.
Again, no imitation there because Harley has never produced a softtail dresser with hard bags and fairing and even discounting the exclusive never available on a production Harley, the 120 motor.

Nancy and I came to this site when I owned a 2005 SEEG. Through that period we made friends with many many people from north to south and from coast to coast. I sold that bike to move on to the Frontier. Notice I said to move on, not move up! I didn't know (or realize) that when the SEEG was gone I had to give up the friends also. If thats the case then I will have to challenge the system again (damnit) because the friends I have made here, I consider friends for life no matter what they or I ride. What's important is that we do ride!

I know I don't have a CVO bike, but Mrs. We as you said,
"To each their own"
I respect your right to have your opinion and only ask this.
If by not owning a bike produced by Harley Davidson and labeled CVO you feel we are not worthy of being on this site dedicated to CVO's please tell me.

As a man 53 years old I go where I want to go. As a man that believes giving respect is more important than getting it I try not to go where I'm not wanted!

"To each their own"

Holy chit!!! Chip doesn't have a CVO? :nixweiss: Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

ccr

• 5k CVO Member
« Reply #231 on: July 03, 2007, 02:11:54 PM »

I never said anything intended to hurt you or was it intended for you.  Sorry if you read it that way.  I don't know what kind of bike you have now, but do remember you from your CVO owning days. And this site is for all members no matter what they ride now, have ridden or may some day ride.  

I was responding to MJZ' comment about overpriced non HD bikes on the showroom floor of a HD business.  

Sorry that my thoughts about our great bikes, yours included, was not recieved in the same way it was formed in my feeble mind.  I guess I was thinking about all the non- HD bikes that are trying to look like the HD bikes, two of which I have owned myself in the past.  I actually did not realise your bike was one of the ones I was talking about. Sorry for my ignorance.  

To everyone that may have found my now quoted post - so I won't delete it - if I in any way offended you or made you feel that you were not welcome here for any reason, I appologise.
I don't usually make such exclusive posts, as I prefer to be inclusive.

And again, I do like that you found solice in my statement - to each your own. 

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #232 on: July 03, 2007, 02:16:14 PM »

I never said anything intended to hurt you or was it intended for you.  Sorry if you read it that way.  I don't know what kind of bike you have now, but do remember you from your CVO owning days. And this site is for all members no matter what they ride now, have ridden or may some day ride.  

I was responding to MJZ' comment about overpriced non HD bikes on the showroom floor of a HD business.  

Sorry that my thoughts about our great bikes, yours included, was not recieved in the same way it was formed in my feeble mind.  I guess I was thinking about all the non- HD bikes that are trying to look like the HD bikes, two of which I have owned myself in the past.  I actually did not realise your bike was one of the ones I was talking about. Sorry for my ignorance.  

To everyone that may have found my now quoted post - so I won't delete it - if I in any way offended you or made you feel that you were not welcome here for any reason, I appologise.
I don't usually make such exclusive posts, as I prefer to be inclusive.

And again, I do like that you found solice in my statement - to each your own. 

Don't let it get you down Candy. Chip's just jealous that he doesn't have a CVO! :D Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

ccr

• 5k CVO Member
« Reply #233 on: July 03, 2007, 02:25:40 PM »

Don't let it get you down Candy. Chip's just jealous that he doesn't have a CVO! :D Hoist! 8)

I'm can't get down on myself right now for making a mistake.  One I am woman enough to stand up and say I made.  Right now, I am waaaaaayyyyyyyyy tooooooo excited about leaving in a couple of days to head for Nelson, BC to meet up with some other CVO sister and brothers.  Whooooo Hoooooooo.  :huepfenjump3: (And some of them won't be on CVO bikes and it won't matter one bit.   :D haa haa!)

But I know Chip has no jealousy at all towards any of us with CVO bikes. Because he had one, and he sold it  He knows what he had, and he knows what he wants, and he has the means to have anything he puts his mind to. 

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #234 on: July 03, 2007, 02:28:36 PM »

I'm can't get down on myself right now for making a mistake.  One I am woman enough to stand up and say I made.  Right now, I am waaaaaayyyyyyyyy tooooooo excited about leaving in a couple of days to head for Nelson, BC to meet up with some other CVO sister and brothers.  Whooooo Hoooooooo.  :huepfenjump3: (And some of them won't be on CVO bikes and it won't matter one bit.   :D haa haa!)

But I know Chip has no jealousy at all towards any of us with CVO bikes. Because he had one, and he sold it  He knows what he had, and he knows what he wants, and he has the means to have anything he puts his mind to. 

Candy, you and Jamey have a fantastic trip. Talk about jealous. I'm the jealous one! Jealous that I'm not going with you! You guys have fun andride safe and take plenty of pics for us! BTW, you know I was just kidding before, right! ;) Hoist! 8)

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
« Reply #235 on: July 03, 2007, 02:36:00 PM »

Holy chit!!! Chip doesn't have a CVO? :nixweiss: Hoist! 8)

he's an Alumnus....
Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #236 on: July 03, 2007, 02:43:36 PM »

Mrs. We

Thank you!   :2vrolijk_21:

Just wish we could be excited like you and Jamey about the Nelson trip.

Hopefully we will see you in Hot Springs!

Good luck and be safe!

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #237 on: July 03, 2007, 02:45:45 PM »

Mrs. We

Thank you!   :2vrolijk_21:

Just wish we could be excited like you and Jamey about the Nelson trip.

Hopefully we will see you in Hot Springs!

Good luck and be safe!

"Hopefully"?  Does this mean you're not sure you're making the trip or just trying to nudge the Ryans along?

ccr

• 5k CVO Member
« Reply #238 on: July 03, 2007, 02:52:09 PM »

Nelson is the Shoot the Moon Holiday for us this year. 

We might take a day off here and there before or after a weekend - end of Sept to go to York for Open House (even though every year I say I won't go back.  It is like Octoberfest in Munich you just have to go.  I assume it is like Bike Week for those that live close.)

End of Oct to go to Massanutten to see the fall foliage on the Blue Ridge Parkway.

So, no we will not be going to Hot Springs.

Nice Try Don - just trying to nudge the Ryans along.  But we can only do what we can, and this is all we can do this year. 

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #239 on: July 03, 2007, 02:54:49 PM »

Nelson is the Shoot the Moon Holiday for us this year. 

We might take a day off here and there before or after a weekend - end of Sept to go to York for Open House (even though every year I say I won't go back.  It is like Octoberfest in Munich you just have to go.  I assume it is like Bike Week for those that live close.)

End of Oct to go to Massanutten to see the fall foliage on the Blue Ridge Parkway.

So, no we will not be going to Hot Springs.

Nice Try Don - just trying to nudge the Ryans along.  But we can only do what we can, and this is all we can do this year. 

I'm lucky so far as Hot Springs is concerned.  For me it is just a weekender.  It's a two tank trip.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18

Page created in 0.224 seconds with 24 queries.