Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7  All

Author Topic: What Kind of Heads on the '07 110" Engines?  (Read 31919 times)

hogasm

Re: What Kind of Heads on the '07 110" Engines?
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2007, 02:44:22 PM »

. I am about customer service,

This is what will make some companies go away. So many motorcycle supply companies are making soo much money that they don't have time to sit and talk out what the consumer wants. Their moto is buy what I have because it is the best, Period.
I believe that Zippers has a good product in the Thundermax, but since Daytona Bike Week they have not called me back to even discuss installing one on my bike....not good customer service...

GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2007, 04:03:26 PM »

We install the DTT and field tech calls for them.  Again customer service is where it is at with us. We are a small shop, we do not have huge budgets to work with. We care if a customer has a issue.  Prime example of poor customer service. I had DTT ( not the same company) build a transmission for our diesel dodge truck.  They had us take it to there guy here in south AZ, we drive down there drop the truck off, pick it up. Seems to run ok but still not right. Call them back, we go round and round as I have taken it to 3 other shops and payed to have them check it out. All tell me the same thing the convertor is too tight causing the HUGE lag in power from idle to 1600 rpm. I am now told they do not think it is a issue, but if I want to pay to have them remove the trans , customized the convertor again paying for that service, they will be happy to see if they can get the truck in by end of July!!!  So I guess the idea of towing our 40ft toy hauler and the summer vaction trip is done !!  Cost on the trans 6500, fuel to take it there and back 102, time invested a total of 12 hours as we had to take two vehicles as well.  What can i do now?? I am stuck, live with the truck not running correctly or pay them again for the same job.   They are a big company and they have been paid, that is all they care about.

I have a customer that bent a valve on a install as he did not adjust the pushrods correctly. I sent him out a head that I had ready to go on the shelf , the two heads crossed paths in UPS. I could have said weLL send it in I will fix it when I get time. I did charge him but only cost nothing more. I can feel his pain, he made a mistake and he really wanted to go on a road trip, I made it happen for him.  "We are human and make mistakes that is fact, it is not that we made a mistake but what we do about it. "  That is a qoute from my mom.

"YOU HAVE TO GIVE IT AWAY TO KEEP IT"

2012 SHARK  S&S 124 150/140   www.gmrperformance.com

hogasm

« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2007, 04:18:10 PM »

Customer Service!!!!!!

I have a marine electronics Furuno dealer here that I deal with. He may or may not be the less expensive one out there but if you buy your electronics from him and have a problem one is on the way to you while you send him your old one. He does not want you to miss any days on the water.     Great customer service :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2007, 04:15:13 PM »

OK, now that I've confirmed the use of the 18401-03 Perfect Fit Pushrods with the SE 251 cams on a 110" FLHRSE3, I'm not doing it. The SE '07 racing parts book doesn't address the cruise control on the 50mm Throttle Body. The '06 book says it's not compatible. The SM checked with Tech Services and confirmed that it is still not compatible with cruise control. Therefore, I've decided to do nothing but w.....ty work on my bike. The dealer won't w.....ty it with anything but SE/HD parts. I'll let them repair the defective chit under w.....ty, and then get it tuned properly at Joes. When I decide that I'm not concerned about the motor blowing or after the w.....ty expires, I'll use the parts I want to modify my engine and not limit myself to SE parts. So the bike will remain stock for at least the remainder of this season. I'm a little disappointed, but not willing to take the risk for a new engine on my dime at this point.

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2007, 04:24:08 PM »

what happened to "F*** the Wa***ty?

Me <-------------instigator
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2007, 04:40:04 PM »

what happened to "F*** the Wa***ty?

Me <-------------instigator

FTW to a point. When I'm on the hook for 5-7 grand out of my pocket with an engine that has a history of self destructing, I'll let HD take that risk. When I'm on my own dime, I'll make sure I do whatever work I have to, to make it bulletproof. And not one more HD part will go into it on my dime! Bottom line, FTF for putting us in this position!!! >:( Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2007, 04:47:52 PM »

OK, now that I've confirmed the use of the 18401-03 Perfect Fit Pushrods with the SE 251 cams on a 110" FLHRSE3, I'm not doing it. The SE '07 racing parts book doesn't address the cruise control on the 50mm Throttle Body. The '06 book says it's not compatible. The SM checked with Tech Services and confirmed that it is still not compatible with cruise control. Therefore, I've decided to do nothing but w.....ty work on my bike. The dealer won't w.....ty it with anything but SE/HD parts. I'll let them repair the defective chit under w.....ty, and then get it tuned properly at Joes. When I decide that I'm not concerned about the motor blowing or after the w.....ty expires, I'll use the parts I want to modify my engine and not limit myself to SE parts. So the bike will remain stock for at least the remainder of this season. I'm a little disappointed, but not willing to take the risk for a new engine on my dime at this point.

Hoist! 8)

Hoist...isn't the TB on the 110 a 48mm (I think the 06 103 is too)?  If so, have you checked to see if changing the injectors to the 4.9's would do what you need it to do for now?
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2007, 04:55:59 PM »

06 07 style 4.9 gps injector is part # 27654-06
2012 SHARK  S&S 124 150/140   www.gmrperformance.com

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2007, 04:57:04 PM »

Hoist...isn't the TB on the 110 a 48mm (I think the 06 103 is too)?  If so, have you checked to see if changing the injectors to the 4.9's would do what you need it to do for now?

The stock TB from what I understand is 46mm. My tuner highly recommended the larger TB with cams. He can get almost as good a tune out of a stock 110" SERK with performance exhaust as he can by just adding 251's. It's not the injector size the tuner wanted, it's the increased flow he was looking for. So I might as well wait until I'm ready to use the parts I want to in this engine, instead of settling on HD's limited choices. After all this research and finding HD offers little performance upgrades themselves for this engine, FTF. I'll wait and won't buy any of their crap instead! I'd rather work with an experienced engine builder with proven performance parts and do the work later. Hoist! 8)

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2007, 05:01:15 PM »

The stock TB from what I understand is 46mm. My tuner highly recommended the larger TB with cams. He can get almost as good a tune out of a stock 110" SERK with performance exhaust as he can by just adding 251's. It's not the injector size the tuner wanted, it's the increased flow he was looking for. So I might as well wait until I'm ready to use the parts I want to in this engine, instead of settling on HD's limited choices. After all this research and finding HD offers little performance upgrades themselves for this engine, FTF. I'll wait and won't buy any of their crap instead! I'd rather work with an experienced engine builder with proven performance parts and do the work later. Hoist! 8)

Didn't know for sure...I do know they took a jump up from the 04/05 in 06 on the 103's.  But from what to what, I'm not sure.  Maybe it was 43 to 46.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

djkak

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2007, 07:31:41 PM »

OK, now that I've confirmed the use of the 18401-03 Perfect Fit Pushrods with the SE 251 cams on a 110" FLHRSE3, I'm not doing it. The SE '07 racing parts book doesn't address the cruise control on the 50mm Throttle Body. The '06 book says it's not compatible. The SM checked with Tech Services and confirmed that it is still not compatible with cruise control. Therefore, I've decided to do nothing but w.....ty work on my bike. ......
Hoist! 8)

Hoist,

H-D's 50mm Throttle Body is compatible with cruise control; I’m running one. I went through the same thing just over a year ago when I got mine; the folks at H-D said that the 50 mm was not cruise compatible yet the photograph on page 30 #B of the SE catalog pictures all of the hardware necessary to hook up the cruise.

Unless H-D has changed the hardware in the last year, the 50mm is cruise compatible. If you want to be absolutely sure, take a look at the cruise hookup on your throttle body as well as the photo in the catalog and compare it to the 50mm throttle body prior to handing over your American Excess card.

djkak
« Last Edit: June 13, 2007, 07:52:39 PM by djkak »

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2007, 08:42:53 PM »

Hoist,

H-D's 50mm Throttle Body is compatible with cruise control; I’m running one. I went through the same thing just over a year ago when I got mine; the folks at H-D said that the 50 mm was not cruise compatible yet the photograph on page 30 #B of the SE catalog pictures all of the hardware necessary to hook up the cruise.

Unless H-D has changed the hardware in the last year, the 50mm is cruise compatible. If you want to be absolutely sure, take a look at the cruise hookup on your throttle body as well as the photo in the catalog and compare it to the 50mm throttle body prior to handing over your American Excess card.

djkak

Thanks dj, I'll check it. The SM told me Tech Services said "there's a way to hook it up, but they don't recommend it". Maybe they just don't want to promote cruise on a performance product? Interesting. Hoist! 8)

djkak

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2007, 08:49:25 PM »

Thanks dj, I'll check it. The SM told me Tech Services said "there's a way to hook it up, but they don't recommend it". Maybe they just don't want to promote cruise on a performance product? Interesting. Hoist! 8)

Just a follow up to the last post; I need to work on my post count if I’m going to catch you by summer’s end. The pictures are of my 27623-05, 50mm throttle body hooked up to the business end of my Road Glide’s cruise control. I checked and I see that this throttle body was purchased 8-25-2005.

The hardware and hookup are identical to the original OEM takeoff; bolts right up.

djkak

djkak

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2007, 08:50:15 PM »

The bottom end.

djkak

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2007, 10:29:24 AM »

Well, thanks to my friends here, who obviously know more and definitely care more than HD, I'm back to waiting for the cams. which should be in next week. The bike goes in on Tuesday. Thanks to Harry and djkak for confirming compatibility of the SE 50mm TB with the cruise. I spoke to the SM and told him to take the TB over to another cruise bike and tell me it's not compatible. I told him I took the SE catalog picture into my garage and compared it to the one on my bike. Looks identical to me. He doesn't know why Tech Services told him what they did, or why HD doesn't promote this TB for cruise applications, but he wasn't surprised that it would work fine, even though they said it wouldn't. You guys are the best and this site rules!!! :2vrolijk_21: Hoist! 8)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7  All

Page created in 0.191 seconds with 20 queries.