Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Security Alarm  (Read 6215 times)

Hobo

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Security Alarm
« on: June 04, 2007, 09:29:18 AM »

Over he last few days I have been hearing the security alarm chirp while I am riding, I couldn't figure out at first, if that noise was coming from the bike or not. Well it is, yesterday the alarm would sound for 5 to 10 seconds at a time about every 3 or 4 minutes while I am riding and then return to normal.  Also if try to set the alarm with the fob, the lights will flash like they are supposed to, but the alarm doesn't chirp. It will do this at hwy speeds or sitting at a stop light.  Road surface, bumps, speed do not seem to affect the situation. Any suggestions?

Hobo
2001 Screamin' Eagle Road Glide (FLTRSEI2)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Security Alarm
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007, 09:31:47 AM »

Replaced the battery recently?  Or ever?

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2007, 09:56:25 AM »

There's an "alarm" 9v battery that Don is speaking of.

That most likely is your problem.

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2007, 10:00:46 AM »

I don't know much, but I did see our good friend Otis have a great deal of problems because he did not do something fast enough when switching out his battery when we were leaving Maggie Valley last fall.  You gotta click on your light switches or something crazy, lay on the ground facing the right direction, hop on two feet while blinking your eyes the right way, only change during full moon, while under a bridge, over top of a raging river

.......................... I think you better read your directions before unplugging the battery. 

:cherry:

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2007, 10:21:33 AM »

There is actually a replacement kit that the MoCo sells for replacing this battery. The battery is actually a nickel metal hydride battery. Here is the link to the kit -> Smart Siren Battery Replacement Kit P/N 69018-00 $19.95 .

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Hobo

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2007, 10:34:32 AM »

Don,
   I've had the bike for 18 months and have not replaced battery (9 v) and Ii doubt that It was done before I bought it. I will get one on Wed. when I am off work. Even if that doesn't take care of it, it probably needs it anyway. I'll let you know.

Thanks, Hobo

PS---We will have to see if it works out for the ones in our area to ride to Hot Springs togather. 2Ln, Ghost, Scooterhair and the Mrs me ---- that would be fun. ;)

Hobo

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2007, 10:40:10 AM »

There is actually a replacement kit that the MoCo sells for replacing this battery. The battery is actually a nickel metal hydride battery. Here is the link to the kit -> Smart Siren Battery Replacement Kit P/N 69018-00 $19.95 .

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

Thanks dOOd, I just called Dennys H-D and they have one in stock and are holding it for me. I'll let you know how I do. Thanks for the link.

Hobo

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2007, 11:53:53 AM »

Thanks dOOd, I just called Dennys H-D and they have one in stock and are holding it for me. I'll let you know how I do. Thanks for the link.

Hobo

That's very likely your problem.  The little chirp is the tell tale it's suppose to give for a weak battery.  Not very many Harley problems get fixed for less than a sawbuck  :2vrolijk_21: .

Hobo

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2007, 10:48:08 AM »

Well guys and gals, I picked up the 9v battery and installled it yesterday. I figured that it didn't fix the problem when the alarm wouldn't chirp when set after installing the battery. The alarm is still going off while the bike is running. I put about 50 miles on it last night and it did seem that the alarm sounding was a little less frequent that it was before battery replacement. Anybody have any other suggestions? Thanks in advance for the help.

Hobo :-\

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2007, 10:50:15 AM »

Well guys and gals, I picked up the 9v battery and installled it yesterday. I figured that it didn't fix the problem when the alarm wouldn't chirp when set after installing the battery. The alarm is still going off while the bike is running. I put about 50 miles on it last night and it did seem that the alarm sounding was a little less frequent that it was before battery replacement. Anybody have any other suggestions? Thanks in advance for the help.

A hammer and a flat rock?
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2007, 12:55:36 PM »

Or....., if the battery had been on the shelf for a long time maybe it was dead?  Or maybe just a bad one?  Could be other things of course.  But still describing the tell tale chirp of the way those things behave when the little battery is kaput.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2007, 12:59:13 PM »

Or....., if the battery had been on the shelf for a long time maybe it was dead?  Or maybe just a bad one?  Could be other things of course.  But still describing the tell tale chirp of the way those things behave when the little battery is kaput.
Is there a way to put that battery on some type of meter to see what the voltage is? Like you stated it could have been on the shelf for a while. Also another thought considering the type of battery it is does it/ is it one of the rechargeable types that may need to be connected for a certain time to build a charge/volts back up?

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2007, 01:00:51 PM »

Is there a way to put that battery on some type of meter to see what the voltage is? Like you stated it could have been on the shelf for a while. Also another thought considering the type of battery it is does it/ is it one of the rechargeable types that may need to be connected for a certain time to build a charge/volts back up?

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

Hobo, get D00d to stick out his tongue and put the polls of the battery across it.  You can tell how good it is by how much his eyes spin.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2007, 01:14:11 PM »

Hobo, get D00d to stick out his tongue and put the polls of the battery across it.  You can tell how good it is by how much his eyes spin.
Thanks Bro. I guess it would go something like this :P :rolleyes3: :vrolijk27: :sauer021: :huepfenlol2:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2007, 02:10:08 PM »

Thanks Bro. I guess it would go something like this :P :rolleyes3: :vrolijk27: :sauer021: :huepfenlol2:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

If your eyes spin 9 times per second, does that indicate a full charge for a 9 volt battery?   :nixweiss:
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 21 queries.