Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Daily mileage  (Read 994 times)

Bungy

• Senior CVO Member
  • Keep your stick on the ice
    • AB

• CVO1: '08 SEUC annie
Daily mileage
« on: June 12, 2007, 05:42:57 PM »

Question for you right coasters. A bunch of us are planning a trip to the Maritimes (US & Can) next fall. In planning my routes so far I'm averaging 6 - 650 km (400mi). Now out here 650's an easy day, but is it a little over ambitious given the roads/traffic/towns down there? I plan on doing Maine, NH, Vermont, NY, MASS etc (all 2 lanes). Also any "must see's" you can recommend.

TIA
Steve

Update: just saw the "local experts" thread, will keep my eye on it.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2007, 05:48:55 PM by Bungy »
I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
Re: Daily mileage
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 01:52:55 PM »

Please make sure you let us know your plans...we will make the time to meet up for a day if possible...
Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

16HD117

• When I was fifteen I wanted to be older. This is not what I expected!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • AKA 04hd103,AKA 07hd110,AKA 11hd110,AKA 16hd110
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2007, 02:53:57 PM »

Question for you right coasters. A bunch of us are planning a trip to the Maritimes (US & Can) next fall. In planning my routes so far I'm averaging 6 - 650 km (400mi). Now out here 650's an easy day, but is it a little over ambitious given the roads/traffic/towns down there? I plan on doing Maine, NH, Vermont, NY, MASS etc (all 2 lanes). Also any "must see's" you can recommend.

TIA
Steve

That's a question that you'll get a lot of different answers on depending on the rider. 

When I plan a long trip I use Harleys ride planner.  I enter my ride as a round trip with no stops.  Make the road changes that you want.  Then you will have your total trip miles and total time.  Figure out how many hours you want to ride each day then plug in stops that equal that time.

As for your question, 650 klicks (400 miles) is a good days ride on the east coast.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 02:58:01 PM by 07hd110 »

Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting Holy Chit......... What a Ride!

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2007, 03:13:20 PM »

400 should be no problem, we have done 350+ no problem staying off the highways and using more rural routes

its been a few years but i think this was about 300 miles with some long stops about a 9 hour day

« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 03:16:45 PM by naitram »
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2007, 05:18:37 PM »

TIA
Steve

Bungy
You need to pm spiderman. He has some bafoon in Maine that he like for some of us to "pay him a visit" if were in the area. Just a thought. :soapbox:
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 25 queries.