Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 37

Author Topic: Dealer Can't Handle Hoist's Abuse Either!  (Read 71274 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Dealer Can't Handle Hoist's Abuse Either!
« Reply #165 on: July 20, 2007, 11:05:10 AM »

All those dancing weenies just because a service dept. is doing what they say they will do.

After your earlier experience Howie, most understandable.

After you get the bike back (soon I hope), a full page of dancing smilies is expected!   :2vrolijk_21:

Got to admit to having much the same thought.  It's a shame acutally when poor efforts become so common that expectation are so diminished that what should be "normal" service seems like a stellar effort.  Even here Howie supplied every possible part (sometimes in duplicate) beforehand because it couldn't be assumed that a dealership might actually have contemporary stock on hand.

The best thing of course is that they're doing apparently quite well and as promised. That should be the norm of course.  That we actually get excited about it happening speaks not to well of all the others though.....

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #166 on: July 20, 2007, 12:00:40 PM »

You're both right, but I don't care. In this day and age, where you rarely get what you pay for, I'm thrilled to finally find a dealer that does what he says! I'll take it! I've got a capable Tech working on it and an SM who's making and keeping commitments. You should expect that everywhere. But we all know it ain't so! So I'll be selfish and count my blessings that I finally found one! ;)

Todays Update:

HPI TB just showed up! I'll be running it up to the dealer in a little bit. The top end is fully assembled. The speedo finally came in and is being installed. The exhaust needs to be mounted. He'll have to assemble the TB and mount it when I get there and we'll hopefully have it running today. I'm shooting for that by 5PM. Joe has a guy going up there who can take my bike too. If not, we'll have to get it up there tomorrow. Getting ever so close now! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #167 on: July 20, 2007, 12:18:19 PM »

You're both right, but I don't care. In this day and age, where you rarely get what you pay for, I'm thrilled to finally find a dealer that does what he says! I'll take it! I've got a capable Tech working on it and an SM who's making and keeping commitments. You should expect that everywhere. But we all know it ain't so! So I'll be selfish and count my blessings that I finally found one! ;)

Todays Update:

HPI TB just showed up! I'll be running it up to the dealer in a little bit. The top end is fully assembled. The speedo finally came in and is being installed. The exhaust needs to be mounted. He'll have to assemble the TB and mount it when I get there and we'll hopefully have it running today. I'm shooting for that by 5PM. Joe has a guy going up there who can take my bike too. If not, we'll have to get it up there tomorrow. Getting ever so close now! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

Congrats Howie.  Really glad you stumbled in to these guys and could tell the other dinkuses (dinkii ?) to take their shop and shove it.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #168 on: July 20, 2007, 01:15:40 PM »

Got to admit to having much the same thought.  It's a shame acutally when poor efforts become so common that expectation are so diminished that what should be "normal" service seems like a stellar effort.  Even here Howie supplied every possible part (sometimes in duplicate) beforehand because it couldn't be assumed that a dealership might actually have contemporary stock on hand.

The best thing of course is that they're doing apparently quite well and as promised. That should be the norm of course.  That we actually get excited about it happening speaks not to well of all the others though.....

Have experienced the good, bad, and the ugly on service as well as the %&&^^%$$%%$$#ing unbelievable.

Agree with you completely Don - when our expectations are lowered to the point of "thanks for charging me for what you did and you did it like you said you would and it surprised me"  - that sucks when compared to really good service.

I am most fortunate - my local dealer has great guys in service - they care enough to call and care enough to tell the truth as well as do what they say they will do.  I know some locals who will never go there due to a bad experience, but its always worked out ok for me.  I consider myself damn picky when it comes to my bikes, so my expectations are high.

Glad its going well Howie - sincerely hope its all done to your complete satisfaction very soon and that it can out run a scalded dog (southern for waaaaay damn fast!).   :2vrolijk_21:
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #169 on: July 20, 2007, 06:54:54 PM »

Today's Update 2

I just got back from my day at the dealer's shop with the Tech. The top end is completely assembled. The TB was a bitch! It should've bolted straight up, but it didn't fit. We had to start grinding the flanges (edges, not the face) to get it finally fitted. Then moved on to remounting the exhaust, the VP92, motor mount and horn. The A/C assembly also needed some tweeking, as you need to spread the Power Vents apart and add a spacer to the breather bolts, to get around the TB. Tomorrow morning we mount the gas tank, replace the speedo, install the console, mount the passenger floorboards, and some misc. stuff. That should complete the installation and reassembly.

Joe decided to modify a hot rod 110" map that he's making me tonight. I'll bring a disc and have them load the new map. We plan on heat cycling it three or four times, and then I'll ride it up to Joe's! Yeah, no trailering! That'll be 175 miles right there. Then he'll put it on the Dyno and fine tune the map, still for low RPM break-in. I get to break it in again! But since the bottom's already broken in, the top should be good by 500 miles. I'll bring it back to him on Sun with hopefully 500-700 miles on it and he'll tune it during the week. I'll pick it up next weekend, fully tuned!

That's the plan, anyway. You know chit happens, so I'll try to be flexible. But this is so close I can taste it!!! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #170 on: July 20, 2007, 07:28:34 PM »

I'll pick it up next weekend, fully tuned!

But this is so close I can taste it!!! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

Just checked the upstate weather report.  Rain.  Rain.  Every day for weeks.  Nothing but rain.

kojak

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #171 on: July 20, 2007, 07:39:54 PM »

Howie,
Do you know how to ride below triple digit speeds? :)
kojak
2022 CVO RGL
2022 Apex FLTRK Traded
2021 CVO Limited Bronze Armor Sold
2019 RGS Billiard Blue Traded
2017 CVO Limited Spiked Olive Traded
2016 CVO SG Stardust Traded
2013 CVO RG Atomic Orange Sold
2010 CVO SG Cobalt Sold
2007 CVO RK Blue Traded
2005 CVO EG Teal Traded
And some 20 other bikes over 45 years

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #172 on: July 20, 2007, 07:43:28 PM »

Just checked the upstate weather report.  Rain.  Rain.  Every day for weeks.  Nothing but rain.

Thanks Don, I guess I'm getting wet then!!! :sauer021: :sauer021: :sauer021: ;D Hoist! 8)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #173 on: July 20, 2007, 07:44:45 PM »

Howie,

I'm gonna have to learn! ::) Not taking it over 65 for 500 miles! :nixweiss: And I'm gonna have to keep stopping to let it cool down. Gonna be a long weekend! Hoist! 8)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #174 on: July 20, 2007, 07:45:23 PM »

Howie,

Chit.  Howie is the only guy I know who can complete a factory mandated break-in sequence across two lane widths in a small town square.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #175 on: July 20, 2007, 07:45:54 PM »

Thanks Don, I guess I'm getting wet then!!! :sauer021: :sauer021: :sauer021: ;D Hoist! 8)

TMI  ??? .

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #176 on: July 20, 2007, 07:48:53 PM »

TMI  ??? .

;D ;D ;D Nothing gets past you! :2vrolijk_21: Hoist! 8)

SOKOOLJ

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHRSE3
« Reply #177 on: July 20, 2007, 08:07:07 PM »

Glad for your progress, and I too hope it's a wet one, it will help keep her cool.  LOL

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #178 on: July 21, 2007, 08:46:36 AM »

Wish me luck. I'm leaving in a few minutes to wait for the dealer to open. We estimate about 2 more hours work, and hopefully fire the bike up. Joe sent me a PC map to load in to get me up to Albany. If everything goes OK, I should be on my way to Joe's by around noon! If all goes well, I'll be putting miles on up there this weekend, and I'll talk to you guys tomorrow night! ;) Hoist! 8)

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #179 on: July 21, 2007, 08:50:30 AM »

Wish me luck. I'm leaving in a few minutes to wait for the dealer to open. We estimate about 2 more hours work, and hopefully fire the bike up. Joe sent me a PC map to load in to get me up to Albany. If everything goes OK, I should be on my way to Joe's by around noon! If all goes well, I'll be putting miles on up there this weekend, and I'll talk to you guys tomorrow night! ;) Hoist! 8)

Damn, we get a day & 1/2 break from Howie & Chief & I will be out having fun.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 37

Page created in 0.186 seconds with 24 queries.