Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37

Author Topic: Dealer Can't Handle Hoist's Abuse Either!  (Read 70949 times)

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
Re: Dealer Can't Handle Hoist's Abuse Either!
« Reply #510 on: August 29, 2007, 10:18:47 AM »

I'll try to see what "normal" riding mileage is. But I have a feeling I'll stay around 35. The way this thing runs, I'm not sure I want to stop cracking that throttle! ;)

Hoist! 8)

You must be kidding.  After the ride notes from your last grits run, there is no normal.  Howie normal but not normal normal.

Sounds like its all coming together.  It will be good to hear your report on the painter and see the pics.

FLYNDYNA

• Dyna Screaming Eagle
  • 1K CVO Member
  • My Little Pepe` the CVO Donkey

• CVO1: '07 FXDSE V&H Big Shot Staggered SERT K&N A/C Custom Seat
    • CVO2: '09 Road Glide-waiting for lottery
« Reply #511 on: August 29, 2007, 01:40:52 PM »

Can't wait to see the pics!!! Definitely a leader in the revision/repair of Moco built issues- keep the info flowing Hoist!
I am so non conformist I have conformed to non conformity
I was going to procrastinate, but I put it off

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #512 on: August 29, 2007, 09:41:27 PM »

Thanks guys. That's the intent. I was strightening out my bike regardless. I hope everyone can pull somekinda info from it for their benefit too. We're all in this chit together. There's no way I could have done this as easily without this great site!

TODAY'S UPDATE:

We're almost done, but didn't finish today. We got the bars, front brakes, and neck bearings done. Neck bearings just needed readjusting, but that's it. So the Traxxion basically saved the bike from all damage thru that pothole incident. Except the Chinese Ironside Throttle Grip Endcap! Tomorrow the rear caliper, Stabos,motor mount and stabilizers! They're having a Bike Nite there tomorrow with a Bike Show. Maybe I'll enter. What do you think? ::)

The bags shipped and will be delivered on the 4th!

Here's some work-in-progress pics.

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #513 on: August 29, 2007, 09:42:03 PM »

PM 6 piston DB calipers

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #514 on: August 29, 2007, 09:44:16 PM »

WO502 Wild 1 Chubby 12.5" Apes

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #515 on: August 29, 2007, 09:45:03 PM »

Another view

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #516 on: August 29, 2007, 09:45:40 PM »

From behind
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 01:39:59 AM by Hoist »

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #517 on: August 29, 2007, 09:46:21 PM »

Right side

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #518 on: August 29, 2007, 09:50:30 PM »

Last shot. This is Alex, the Tech at New Roc HD that's doing all of the work. He's a fantastic guy. I've been extemely happy since going to this new dealer. It's amazing to find such capable and purposeful people, especially at a HD Dealership! But Credit where credit is due. So they have accolades from me! :2vrolijk_21:

This is Alex on his handbuilt chopper with a 650 single Kaw Thumper! Hope fully the full bike done pics tomorrow.

Hoist! 8)

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #519 on: August 29, 2007, 09:55:40 PM »

It's amazing to find such capable and purposeful people, especially at a HD Dealership! But Credit where credit is due. :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

Nice silver and black behind Alex!
 ;)

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #520 on: August 29, 2007, 09:57:39 PM »

Nice silver and black behind Alex!
 ;)

I knew you'd notice that. I'll get you a pic tomorrow! ;)

Hoist! 8)

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #521 on: August 29, 2007, 10:00:29 PM »

Good eye Chip, but then you would be the one to catch it. ;D

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #522 on: August 30, 2007, 01:00:02 AM »

Hey Scott, It wasn't an underlying factor. I'm trying to determine what it is, but haven't gotten the chance yet. I still haven't been able to stop twisting the throttle wide open when riding it now. I do know that when I ride it that way, it gets pretty crappy mileage. I got about 33-35 mpg riding home yesterday. But like I said, I'm shifting at 5 grand a lot. When I go to KY next Sat, I'll try to see what "normal" riding mileage is. But I have a feeling I'll stay around 35. The way this thing runs, I'm not sure I want to stop cracking that throttle! ;)

Hoist! 8)

Hoist,

If your getting 35 mpg, running cool and getting the power the dyno indicates - then you are doing great.  When I get back home next week and start the battle with MOCO to get mine repaired, I will very likely go your route and fix it right without the bureaucracy.  I would not even be satisfied with a new replacement motor - as the 2008 110's seem to have the same issues - and the "repaired" 07's have quite a failure rate.  Not being one to go down the same road twice - (fool me once shame on me....) - this may end up being on me.  I would rather have a bike to ride then waste time arguing or negotiating - and coming away with the same issues.  I may be looking for some details from you.  Let the games begin...

Scott
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #523 on: August 30, 2007, 01:25:45 AM »

Thanks Scott, that's what was behind my approach in the first place. Just because you get it to stop leaking for now, doesn't mean the bike's "happy" either. And I'll take the new motor if this bottom end craps out. It just won't go in out of the crate. It'll come apart first, do the whole bottom end over bulletproof (Timkins, welded flywheels, ...) and put my hot rod top back on it. I'd probably make it 117" or 124" then too. Barring that, the way it runs now, made it all worthwhile. I wasn't fighting with them to get this motor back to stock and wait for more failures. I found a great dealer, with a great engine guy, who I could trust my bike to. I had valid problems and he was paid to fix them under w.....ty. I decided to let them keep HD's parts, use all my own bulletproof racing chit, and take the labor for free. Was it cheap? No. But either was the bike. Now it's the hot rod SERK3 I wanted in the first place! And I'm smiling ear-to-ear everytime I ride it now! If you need any help or info, I'd be happy to talk to you about it. And like I said, I'll be doing a full report on it next week. ;)

Hoist! 8)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #524 on: August 30, 2007, 10:43:20 PM »

Bike's done! Just waiting for the Hard Bags to arrive on the 4th now! :2vrolijk_21:

This is what I look like when I ride it now ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Hoist! 8)

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 24 queries.