Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Author Topic: Second Trip to Kansas  (Read 7062 times)

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
Re: Second Trip to Kansas
« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2007, 11:03:21 PM »

Thanks Dewd!  You bet!  Hey, aren't I going to be out there in your neck of the wide open plains?

in relative terms.... bout 8 hours east of me

REGGAB

« Reply #46 on: July 06, 2007, 11:05:38 PM »

in relative terms.... bout 8 hours east of me

I thought I was "sorta" close.

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
« Reply #47 on: July 06, 2007, 11:10:12 PM »

I thought I was "sorta" close.

sorta lol

REGGAB

« Reply #48 on: July 06, 2007, 11:15:49 PM »

sorta lol

One member of our team will be headed to Denver at the end of the week to visit his folks.  He did the same thing when we were out there last month.  Didn't realize he was driving THAT far.

REGGAB

« Reply #49 on: July 08, 2007, 11:23:16 PM »

I am SO tired, but it is a good tired.  Had a great ride up here.  Arrived in Manhattan about 2pmCST today.  Had some schoolwork to do, so I knocked it out, then washed the scooter.  Funny how we forget things.  Normally I don't have to learn things twice, but when it comes to that Power Commander, apparently I do.  Water got in the female PC connector, and of course, made the engine miss.........So, had to pull everything apart, dry it out, put it back together, and the bike runs great now.  My tuner had put the PC to motorcycle harness union under the battery box, with the female PC connector open end facing up.  On my 02 Ultra, I learned it is better to place that union in front of the ECM and on top of the bike ECM interface connector with the female PC connector open end facing down.  That way water can't get in it.  Anyway, need to get some bundle ties and get that squared away tomorrow..............and I'm straying from the topic......sorta.  Hey, it did happen on this trip, and it was the only anomoly, so I'm pleased.
I left my house with my cage driving friend and co-worker, Buzz (AKA: Ken- he and his wife, Gayle had supper at our house on the 4th of July.  I posted about that elsewhere), yesterday morning shortly after 7am.  Buzz drove his highly modified GTO.  He did switch from drag radials to Goodrich T/As, so he wouldn't end up riding on rims.  We met Barry (Dis Air) for lunch at Backwoods BBQ in Paducah, KY.  Barry is really wanting his melon back, and I don't think it made things better for him to see mine.  He really misses his scooter, and I can't say I blame him.  He's riding his brother's Ultra, which is a very nice machine itself.  Here is a picture of us after lunch.  Thanks for lunch, Barry.  It was great to meet you, and I look forward to riding with you when you get your melon back.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 11:50:17 PM by REGGAB »

REGGAB

« Reply #50 on: July 08, 2007, 11:26:08 PM »

The bridge crossing the Ohio River via US 60 is being painted, so they had the east bound lane shut down.  Had to wait for about 10 minutes to cross the bridge.  Here are a few shots.  First is Buzz chillin' in the A/C, while I sweltered.  ;D

REGGAB

« Reply #51 on: July 08, 2007, 11:28:30 PM »

Here's a shot of the bridge and traffic.  The wait wasn't that bad.  If you're headed that way, just be aware.  They're about half way finished.  Shutdown while you wait, because it is BLAZIN' out there.

REGGAB

« Reply #52 on: July 08, 2007, 11:32:52 PM »

Here's a picture of me and the melon just after we crossed the Mississippi River via US 60.  We went all the way to Springfield, MO yesterday.  550 mile day.  Had supper with Shawn (Scooterhar), his wife Val, Cary (Hobo), his G/F Steph, and her children at Lambert's Cafe.  We were all pretty much stuffed afterward.  Went to Shawn and Val's house, tossed back some Yuenglings, enjoyed some fireworks and called it a night.

REGGAB

« Reply #53 on: July 08, 2007, 11:36:39 PM »

This morning Cary and Steph rode up MO 13 with us.  When we got to US 54, we pulled over into a grocery store parking lot to say our "see ya laters," they headed east, and we headed west.  Here's a couple shots.

REGGAB

« Reply #54 on: July 08, 2007, 11:39:35 PM »

Had a really neat coincidence at that grocery store.  We were lolleygaging and BSing for about 15 minutes before anyone noticed the name of the grocery store, so here is the proud "owner......"

REGGAB

« Reply #55 on: July 08, 2007, 11:47:43 PM »

So, we traveled US 54 though Eldorado Springs and Nevada, MO, crossed the stateline into Kansas, went through Fort Scott, Eureka, and a few other towns I can't recall right now.  Made a right onto KS 177.........got to go through Cassoday, KS "The Prairie Chicken Capital of the World," Council Springs, and into Manhattan.  Buzz is staying in Junction City.  There are several of us up here right now.  I'll try to remember to get some pictures.  Anyway, it is HOT here, but it was good to ride like that.  Roughly 900 miles in 2 days.  FUN! 

Hobo

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #56 on: July 09, 2007, 12:16:53 PM »

Glad the trip went OK Henry. We had a good ride, met our friends in Stover and the circled Lake of the Ozarks, had lunch and hit a couple of shops, then back to Stover to their farm and had a few frosty cold malted beverages, then got  back to Springfield around 9:00pm, total af 380 miles. I had a first yesterday, a bird flew straight into the left side of the front fender then exploded into the air diffuser.  :o  Man what a mess! We had to pull over to clean the bird remains off of both of our faces and glasses, I had chit all over the front of my shirt, I had feathers coated with bodily fluids (the birds, not mine) stuck to the INSIDE of the windshield, one wing stuck between the frame and the gas tank. So I've got a little clean up to do tonight. Anyway, thanks for stopping in to visit the hillbillys. Hopefully we'll see ya next week. Here is a shot of Henry, Ken ans Stephanie before we split off.

Hobo
2001 Screamin' Eagle Road Glide (FLTRSEI2)

REGGAB

« Reply #57 on: July 09, 2007, 11:10:18 PM »

Glad the trip went OK Henry. We had a good ride, met our friends in Stover and the circled Lake of the Ozarks, had lunch and hit a couple of shops, then back to Stover to their farm and had a few frosty cold malted beverages, then got  back to Springfield around 9:00pm, total af 380 miles. I had a first yesterday, a bird flew straight into the left side of the front fender then exploded into the air diffuser:o  Man what a mess! We had to pull over to clean the bird remains off of both of our faces and glasses, I had chit all over the front of my shirt, I had feathers coated with bodily fluids (the birds, not mine) stuck to the INSIDE of the windshield, one wing stuck between the frame and the gas tank. So I've got a little clean up to do tonight. Anyway, thanks for stopping in to visit the hillbillys. Hopefully we'll see ya next week. Here is a shot of Henry, Ken ans Stephanie before we split off.

Hobo

OMG!!!!!  I could figure out if I should  :vrolijk27: or  :ROFLOL:!  So I did both.  Then I got to thinkin' if it were me with bird chit, guts and bodily fluids all over me, I'd more than likely  :puke:!  WOW!  What a freaky occurence.  I'm sure you remember I had a bird strike on my right saddlebag guard on my way home last time I was up here.  I never even knew it until I got off the bike in Springfield and saw the remains all over the saddlebag.
Very productive day, although a little chaotic.  Still plenty of work to fill the remaining four days.  Sorry.  No pictures.
I'll be spending next Saturday evening in Springfield, so we'll get together then.  Until then, wash your scooter!   ;D

REGGAB

« Reply #58 on: July 12, 2007, 06:52:31 PM »

On the way back from lunch today, I had a coworker take this picture.  Thought it was pretty kewl that I have my own gate at Ft. Riley.  :2vrolijk_21:

REGGAB

« Reply #59 on: July 13, 2007, 06:07:39 PM »

Well, this is it.  We've finished our mission here in Kansas.  I'm leaving at daybreak.  Gonna wait for it to cool off a bit, and then I'll pack the scooter.  I'm traveling to Springfield, MO tomorrow, and I'll head home on Sunday.  Bike will need new fluids and a serious bath when I get home.  I'll be home for about a week, and then I'll be gone again for a few weeks.  Really looking forward to the ride home.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 21 queries.