Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Author Topic: Painted Sheet Metal  (Read 11712 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Painted Sheet Metal
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2005, 01:16:17 AM »

And Corona lite for my daughter

She must be an awfully special daughter to keep that swill in there with some of those other good beers......... [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Cannibus_Man

• Full CVO Member
  • I love to set off car alarms
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2005, 01:38:01 AM »

lol i juz knew you were  gunna comment on that  corona  lite thing  ROFLOL  [smiley=laugh.gif]
~late~ Cann

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2005, 06:50:40 AM »

She must be an awfully special daughter to keep that swill in there with some of those other good beers......... [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Yeah, LOL, 2lane!  Remember the old Sesame Street thing where Grover says, "Which one of these things is not like the other?" [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2005, 11:27:53 AM »

Twolane

She is special!!!!!!
But her beer taste is very lacking.
But I'm working on it!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2005, 11:38:06 AM »

I'm glad she's special in sooooo many other areas.  But that beer selection thing is just bad.  Got to be tough getting a date when you're ordering Corona Lite.  I mean Corona is bad enough, but Corona Lite.   oooooooooooooooooooooooooo [smiley=confused5.gif]

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2005, 12:52:39 PM »

I only had my new bike for about two weeks, rode it 5 times and it has been in the shop ever since. I have a slightly different take on working with the dealer and the MoCo that albeit lengthy, did get the results we wanted.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2005, 12:58:26 PM by Mrs._WeCVO »

dakota

• Junior CVO Member
  • Finally!!
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2005, 01:56:33 PM »

I only had my new bike for about two weeks, rode it 5 times and it has been in the shop ever since. I have a slightly different take on working with the dealer and the MoCo that albeit lengthy, did get the results we wanted.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2005, 02:01:50 PM by dakota »

Deuces_Wild

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2005, 09:48:02 PM »

Mrs.WeCVO,

I 100% agree with you.  I talked many many times with the service manager face to face in an extreme diplomatic way.  Here are a few ways I tried to give them a way to step up and take care of this.

1.I offered to eat the damage to the tank and they replace the rear fender-

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2005, 10:15:37 PM »

Mrs We.  So glad to read that you guys finally got a proper response back from the shop.  It's unacceptable they took as long as they did.  It's also unacceptable that they would even dare consider you somehow "banned" from the dealership or service dept.  After all, you paid your money for a bike just like anyone else.  Above and beyond that you had to go through the indignity of them almost certainly being at fault for damaging your fairing and then making you jump through many hoops to get it taken care of.  You shouldn't hesitate to go back with your head held high and if they don't like they can put their tails between their legs and live with it.

Also, though Mr. We will likely want ot respond in a different thread, what has been his impressions of the six speed so far?

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2005, 10:20:17 PM »

Mr. Dueces Wild;
I admire your patience with this matter. I think you may have to take legal action against this dealership. I feel sorry for you, You're situation really sucks. I wish I had more words of encouragement but it seems like you've got no other choice.

Mr. We

• SEEG Meister
  • Elite CVO Member
  • DOM # 003

• CVO1: 04 B/B SEEG
    • CVO2: 05 Two-Tone Candy Cherry
    • CVO3: 04 FORD 4x4 Super Duty Turbo Diesel HD "Corporate Colors"
« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2005, 06:50:58 AM »

Quick point of clarification... Mrs.We was never "banned" from speaking to any dealer or its people, by anyone other than myself. After she went crazy, I asked her to leave it to me. My not reporting to her daily became translated as "no action" but I stayed plugged into the service guys and they did keep up with the chase. In our case, they were able to see that we were more than ready to throw money at the bikes, just not so much for something that we were not responsible for, at least in our minds.  

I think the non-vested second party helped in our case, Mrs.We was way too emotionally involved so I had to let the service guys do what they do. After reading through this thread, I think the only thing left for Deuces_Wild is for us to take up a collection for his legal representation.

The ugly underbelly in this is the MoCo's willingness to turn away from the customer. I know I'll get s*#*t  for this but as a soldier with 20 in, it seems more and more, "Made in America" is the beginning and end of a good one liner. They (the MoCo) simply haven't developed an interest in supporting the customer base once the sale is made. (Remind ya'll of the first date syndrome?) Face it, they make the bike and we organize the rally's, their work is done. Until they feel a need to become more involved, they won't. As for the local dealer, they determine they're own worth in the community and that is why some sell for over MSRP and some will forego that for an ongoing relationship. It really depends on what they want, not what we want.
2 SEEG's, No Waiting!

His 04 Black and Blue  :huepfenlol2:   Hers 05 Two Tone Candy Cherry  :cherry: Ours 04 F250 GR8 PNKN :pumpkin:

Deuces_Wild

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2005, 08:10:44 PM »

UPDATE

After several calls to Harley corporate, the District rep (Walt) finally called me.. After close to an hour discussion, he asked to meet with me to look at the bike during bike week.  My impression, he will make sure this issue gets resolved to as close to my satisfaction as possible.  Walt was really enjoyable to speak with and sounded extremely concerned about the issue.  We

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2005, 09:06:23 PM »

Good to hear the district rep is being helpfull. Your persistance has paid off, I hope it all works out well. Stay on them until you get the results you are looking for.

Deuces_Wild

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2005, 09:18:07 PM »

We'll, not out of the woods yet, but things are looking up. I won't be counting my chicks just yet!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2005, 01:19:32 AM »

We'll, not out of the woods yet, but things are looking up. I won't be counting my chicks just yet!

Very glad to hear that HD may be working toward satisfying the problem.  And I hope they do leverage the dealership into standing up and fixing the problem for you.  But since it's a dealer damage and not a warranty failure issue I'm still a bit concerned over how much they'll do themselves.

Good luck.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Page created in 0.173 seconds with 24 queries.