Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: FLHRSE3 Seat  (Read 10076 times)

owenja

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: FLHRSE3 Seat
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2007, 11:29:51 PM »

I just returned from a 3K mile trip through Colorado and had no problems with my Mustang touring seat.  I don't use it around home for the short trips (I use the stock seat) but for the long trips it's sure worth it.

Jim

JjR

• Senior CVO Member
  • WTF
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2007, 10:34:35 AM »

Hello - I'm in the middle of a trip from Portland, Oregon to Reno, Nevada - first long haul on the '07 FL. I'm starting to think that a different seat may be in order. I'd be interested in everyone's thoughts on after market seats for long distance touring. I need something that is either two-up or solo with an add on passenger pad. Thanks.

javascript:void(0);
2vrolijk_21

After you try all the others I feel that the best out there is made by Russell Seat aka Day Long. There seats look different but are the most comfortable as they actually have a spring suspension as well as foam. Each seat is built to your specifications and does come with a real warranty.

http://www.day-long.com/
JR

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2007, 11:14:47 AM »

After you try all the others I feel that the best out there is made by Russell Seat aka Day Long. There seats look different but are the most comfortable as they actually have a spring suspension as well as foam. Each seat is built to your specifications and does come with a real warranty.

http://www.day-long.com/

They look real comfy John, but I'm not sure I can get past the looks of it on my SERK. They don't have any pics of a SERK seat, so it's hard to tell what it'll look like on my bike. Do you have any pics of these seats on a SER or an FL? Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2007, 05:59:52 PM »

They look real comfy John, but I'm not sure I can get past the looks of it on my SERK. They don't have any pics of a SERK seat, so it's hard to tell what it'll look like on my bike. Do you have any pics of these seats on a SER or an FL? Hoist! 8)

I'm sure that those seats really are comfortable, but I just can't get past the looks of it.  Looks like it's built for The Wide Assed Family from Saturday Night Live..... ;D

No offense intended to anyone....
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2007, 06:02:40 PM »

I'm sure that those seats really are comfortable, but I just can't get past the looks of it.  Looks like it's built for The Wide Assed Family from Saturday Night Live..... ;D

:ROFLOL: Chit!!! You've found out my secret to why I'm able to withstand the stock seat on my scooter. :huepfenjump3:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Rooster452

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 SERK
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2007, 11:11:44 PM »

How about a pair of Dr Scholls jell inserts on each cheek? It's cheaper and still get to keep that great looking stock seat........

Rooster452

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2007, 07:25:28 AM »

Yeah...the Corbin solo doesn't look quite so....so...funny and it fits my sizeable buttockle acreage. they just need to build one.

Miker

Seegarsmkr

• Elite CVO Member
  • Do or do not there is no try...Yoda
« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2007, 07:29:36 AM »

How about a pair of Dr Scholls jell inserts on each cheek? It's cheaper and still get to keep that great looking stock seat........

Rooster452
All you have to do is shove one in each back pocket and away you go... :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

If it sticks...force it...if it breaks...the damn thing needed replacing anyway!!

Seegarsmkr

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2007, 09:13:59 AM »

Rooster452
Rooster,

Had a similar brainstorm shortly after buying my SEEG:  http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=2631

Jerry
« Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 07:24:36 PM by grc »
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

SOKOOLJ

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHRSE3
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2007, 04:38:16 PM »

All you have to do is shove one in each back pocket and away you go... :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

Could you  just imagine the questions that would produce.  :ROFLOL:

JjR

• Senior CVO Member
  • WTF
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2007, 09:38:02 PM »

ANOTHER

My question is what are your dimensions (height,weight,inseam), I wish folks would include them when they talk about a seat.

I'm at my wits end and have put my bike up for sale because I have been unable to find a seat that works for myself. I have tried Sundowner, Russell, AirRider insert and the Russell seay which was great but due to the design of the OEM seat pan they really could nothing to move me back) and the Butt Buffer which suprisingly did help some but is still painfull.

I like to ride 300 to 400 miles on the weekends and with the above seats it as been nothing but a nightmare, I'm sick and tired of blowing money on seats and not getting any results.

BTW I'm 6'01"or 2", 32"inseam and weigh 265lbs on top of that I have a boney butt. I absoultly love my SERK but what is the use if I can only ride it around the block!
JR

happyman

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2007, 10:31:52 PM »

Hello - I'm in the middle of a trip from Portland, Oregon to Reno, Nevada - first long haul on the '07 FL. I'm starting to think that a different seat may be in order. I'd be interested in everyone's thoughts on after market seats for long distance touring. I need something that is either two-up or solo with an add on passenger pad. Thanks.

javascript:void(0);
2vrolijk_21
2vronrolijk
I rode my   bike about  60 miles and went to the dealer and got a sundowner touring seat for the roaking cvo.. its much better, and if you ride two up  you also gain lots of room  too.  i am not huge and neither is the lady   bout 185# and she is bout 145#  we also have a litte age so comfort and room  become important.
                Happy

DoCPooF

• 2007 Screamin' Eagle Road King

• CVO1: 2007 Screamin Eagle Road King
    • CVO2: 2011 Screamin Eagle Street Glide
« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2007, 07:58:27 PM »

Nice seat TN...

Same thing I'm going with, just changing the design on the p-pad.  I like the looks.  I would of liked to go with a solo but HD and their ingenuity - they only brought the fender stripe up to the rear bolt of the passenger seat.  Brilliant!
2007 Screamin' Eagle Road King
Candy Cobalt with Pale Gold Leafing
2006 Street Glide
2011 Screamin Eagle Street Glide

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2007, 09:00:08 PM »

Nice seat TN...

Same thing I'm going with, just changing the design on the p-pad.  I like the looks.  I would of liked to go with a solo but HD and their ingenuity - they only brought the fender stripe up to the rear bolt of the passenger seat.  Brilliant!
This is what one member did to resolve that situation and have a solo seat..

This member (e4seter) had it custom made and recently sold it. You may send him a PM to see where he had it made if you're interested in doing something like that.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

DoCPooF

• 2007 Screamin' Eagle Road King

• CVO1: 2007 Screamin Eagle Road King
    • CVO2: 2011 Screamin Eagle Street Glide
« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2007, 10:31:39 PM »

That's different.

Thanks Fired00d...

:)

2007 Screamin' Eagle Road King
Candy Cobalt with Pale Gold Leafing
2006 Street Glide
2011 Screamin Eagle Street Glide
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.214 seconds with 24 queries.