Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

Author Topic: Cigar  (Read 25815 times)

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
Re: Cigar
« Reply #120 on: October 09, 2008, 10:59:07 PM »

Don't they make those Illusion sticks in Thailand?

I can't remember...The hot milk tea with hash dropped in it I do..I don't know why.

Ceej

• HD C-ustomer V-ery O-ften
  • Elite CVO Member
  • You've found CVOHarley.com, Now seek counseling...
« Reply #121 on: October 10, 2008, 06:49:25 AM »

I haven't seen those - are they like an imitation line?
2004 SEEG
1995 FLHR
2000 FLSTF
1968 RSSS

Eagle Rider #1747

There really is a Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown........:)

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #122 on: October 10, 2008, 08:00:55 AM »

http://www.illusionecigars.com/

Nicaraguan puro, very good...

I am stashing them away, not that they need too much age on them..

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #123 on: October 10, 2008, 08:16:36 AM »

Grape Phillies

Black Max, Blunt, Cheroot, Cigarillo, Mexicali Slim, Mini Blunt, Panatella, Perfecto, Sweet, Tip, or Titan?
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #124 on: October 10, 2008, 08:21:42 AM »

!

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #125 on: October 10, 2008, 08:37:28 AM »

"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Ditch

• Elite CVO Member
  • SoA # 56.345 1/2

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE Orange & Black
Cigar's - Good ones vs. Bad ones
« Reply #126 on: February 01, 2009, 10:23:20 AM »

IMHO... There are a few that I like to sit back and sip a Lil whiskey with or just enjoy the company of good friends with.
1st) Kristoff - Maduro (Medium to Mild flavor, hand rolled with the leave wrapped around on both end  vs. being smoothed down or cut off.)
2nd)  Cohiba from Republica Dominicana - (Almost any of them Mild to Bold)
3rd) CAO - Soprano's version Torpedo's (Great smoke if you have the time to sit around an shoot the chit, nice draw and great flavor. Downside is I have been told they are going out of production since the show has ended.)

A new one I just bought a couple boxes of are called Cuban Bullet .454 they are only about 2 1/2" long, but are great for a quick smoke or a quick bar hop across town on bike night. :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 11:34:00 AM by Ditch »
"Lead don't follow, just don't follow me!!!"

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: Cigar's - Good ones vs. Bad ones
« Reply #127 on: February 01, 2009, 11:16:51 AM »

OK, first off this thread could become very dangerous with the Monica Lewinsky references but lets not go there!! :-\ :-\ :-\

I'm sure some us out there smoke the occasional cigar. Which ones are some good ones and which ones are some bad ones?

IMHO... There are a few that I like to sit back and sip a Lil whiskey with or just enjoy the company of good friends with.
1st) Kristoff - Maduro (Medium to Mild flavor, hand rolled with the leave wrapped around on both end  vs. being smoothed down or cut off.)
2nd)  Cohiba from Republica Dominicana - (Almost any of them Mild to Bold)
3rd) CAO - Soprano's version Torpedo's (Great smoke if you have the time to sit around an shoot the chit, nice draw and great flavor. Downside is I have been told they are going out of production since the show has ended.)

A new one I just bought a couple boxes of are called Cuban Bullet .454 they are only about 2 1/2" long, but are great for a quick smoke or a quick bar hop across town on bike night. :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Now these are just a few of the cigars in my humidor, but I thought it might get the ball rolling.
There was already a thread concerning cigars with lots of good suggestions so I've merged yours with it.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Ditch

• Elite CVO Member
  • SoA # 56.345 1/2

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE Orange & Black
« Reply #128 on: February 01, 2009, 11:32:09 AM »

There was already a thread concerning cigars with lots of good suggestions so I've merged yours with it.

Thanks dOOd, I had not seen this thread. Now I have some catching up to do...Ditch
"Lead don't follow, just don't follow me!!!"

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #129 on: February 03, 2009, 11:09:49 AM »

:mango:As you can see, I'm rather attached to one brand (even though there are many different smokes). Frankly, I've had better cigars (Cuban Monte Cristo #2's and Cuban Cohiba Robusto's come to mind) but OpusX's are one of the finer non-Cuban cigars out there. My wife and I struck a deal several years ago that I can smoke 5 cigars a year (don't need another addiction).

I'm not really that much of a cigar lover but I came across a celebration ceremony involving cigars, fine port and fine chocolate that I utilize on special occasions. I've celebrated in Rio De Janeiro; Brasilia; Dublin, Ireland; on a yacht in the Peugeot Sound; in the mountains outside LA and several other memorable locations. The gig involves taking a bite of fine dark chocolate and getting that to coat the inside of your mouth, now, take a sip of fine port and swish that around a bit. You now have an alcoholic chocolate covered cherry in your mouth. Now take a puff off a fine cigar. The port and chocolate tone down the smoke a bit and you have a fine mixture of tastes and scents.

My older sister taught me years ago that the strongest sense we have for triggering memories is our sense of smell. Therefore, if you want to create a lasting memory, be sure to involve as many of your senses as possible but be sure one of them is your sense of smell. The cigar smoke and the smell of the port really anchors the occasion in your brainium. I preplan these events and, if I can make it down to Arkansas for the 10 year celebration, rest assured I will bring some smokes, port and chocolate along as it will definately be a time to celebrate and create some lasting memories!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 09:17:47 PM by Buy early »

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #130 on: February 03, 2009, 11:29:39 AM »

Nice...Try a Greycliff grancru...the non cuban cuban made in the Bahamas..

My fav is the Padron #1 1926 Anniversario Maduro...Or any of the 1926 maduros...

Butt I wwouldn't throw those X'es on the ground all insulted either should you offer one up!

Life is too short for crummy cigars

Sean M Cary

« Reply #131 on: February 03, 2009, 11:51:55 AM »

Nice...Try a Greycliff grancru...the non cuban cuban made in the Bahamas..

My fav is the Padron #1 1926 Anniversario Maduro...Or any of the 1926 maduros...

Butt I wwouldn't throw those X'es on the ground all insulted either should you offer one up!

Life is too short for crummy cigars

man, aint that the truth...  For some reason, I have the desire to pull out something special tonight.

Gonna dig out an Opus tonight.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #132 on: February 03, 2009, 12:00:09 PM »

I'll join ya with an 80th, don't worry there will be one left with your name on it..and maybe some ......

Cigarmike

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #133 on: February 03, 2009, 03:16:58 PM »

good news fellas.....I have relapsed.
You will get no more Respect than you are willing to give.

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #134 on: February 03, 2009, 03:22:16 PM »

Looks like quite a serious addiction. Perhaps you need an intervention!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 20 queries.